What machine are you using in saltwater and why??

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
VLF-Several...BHID300, DP Wader, ( have a used CZ20 coming) in the wet sand and suds

Wet sand - CZ6a , DFX

PI - Goldquest SS V2 PI. Smoothest PI I have ever used in the wet sand and suds. Not waterproof though, although I am trying to work on at least getting a waterproof case to house the entire unit it. Once you have the GQ set up, you don't have to mess with settings. Threshold hardly ever varies and only when a wave goes over the coil, but it re-stablizes in 2 seconds. The reject and SAT adjustments along with the 2 filter switch make this machine easy to set up for any wet salt sand and suds hunting. Also, once you learn the machine, you can tell most shallow iron and nails. And its set up to hit hard on lower conductive targets like nickles and gold jewelry.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three pulse machines of which my #1 choice would be my Deepstar closely followed by the Goldquest SS.
If I really can't get away with using a pulse, its either my Sovereign or the Beach Hunter ID.

I did have a DFX but it didn't cut it on land so had to go. My Fisher CZ6a I liked but for small hammered silver on wet salt it had to be used in land mode which meant the target had to be recovered first time as the hole just dug would sound off as a target.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread