How would you rate the CZ-3D to the AT Pro?

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That video is a joke! I have no doubt that the CZ is deeper but the comparison is unfair...First off...where did he get that coil from that is on the ATP...it is definately not the big DD coil that came on it and secondly, he is running the ATP with half battery. I a can assure you that depth starts to drop significantly at half battery on the ATP. I wont hunt old sites with deep targets with batteries that low. I thought that i had hunted a small field out with half battery life...went back with new batteries and dug 10 more targets(bullets, small buckle, token) all over 8 inches......Just sayin!

Guess you don't believe your own eyes. Battery condition shouldn't make that much difference. On the CZ, when the batteries are at half strength, the depth is still good. It seemed like a fair test to me.

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first thing people do when "comparing" two machines is explain how both machines are set up comparible.....Any testing should be done with full batteries and "stock configuration". And AGAIN i say that i have no doubt that the CZ is a deeper machine than the ATP. But you should get something for 200 more dollars in price since it isnt waterproof and doesnt have a VDI readout....or headphones. I also have my doubts that it would compare with the ATP in a iron infested cellar hole test. And if the 5x8 is used on the Pro....NOWAY! Some machines are better suited for certain situations, and the cz is a deep, power-house with alot of muscle. The AT is a waterproof, versatile machine that separates like a knife in heavy iron with a respectable depth to boot...

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep do you think that CZ-3D would've hit on it in max sensitivity?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread