Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
D

dan1942

Greenie
Oct 26, 2009
Well I just ordered a CTX3030 Yesterday from Bart @ Big Boy Hobbies! Thanks for the help everyone!

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just ordered a CTX3030 Yesterday from Bart @ Big Boy Hobbies! Thanks for the help everyone!
An idea for you when you get it,check out Jeff hurke arm cuffs for the ctx,the one they put on there is junk,it's worth the extra 40.00

HobbyMan

Sep 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, XP DEUS, Golden Mask 4 Pro, Teknetics Eurotek Pro 11'' DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Very good choice for beach hunting. The only disadvantage is the weight. I have the e-trac and my biceps and back hurts after a hour of swinging ... and the CTX3030 is 5.2 lbs (1.7 lbs heavier then the e-trac).

Last edited:

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good choice for beach hunting. The only disadvantage is the weight. I have the e-trac and my biceps and back hurts after a hour of swinging ... and the CTX3030 is 1.6 lbs heavier ...

For sure! But you can buy a 150.00 harness! Lol

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or a original detecting buddy harness that will fit any machine & male them virtually weightless,like 1 finger to swing the detector all day $25.00

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The etrac is a fantastic beach hunter as well as great coin and relic machine. Works great in wet and dry sand.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CZ21 if your going to wade or a CZ3d if your going to hunt land and wet sand..5yr warranty made in U.S.A

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I own the e-trac..great machine..Heavy as a tank..I stopped using it my arm fell off.I also have the ctx..Heavy but much better balanced.Mine leaked the 1st time in the water...I am waiting on a deus now..for less than $100.00 you can get the waterproof kit and hunt the water..and i think its the lightest and fastest machine at that weight.Us old guys need light ..or they need to just start making all detectors with the optiong to mount the control box on your waist or a neck/shoulder strap.When im not in the water i use the fors core right now.light and balanced(not water proff). I also have the minelab pro swing harness.its very nice but it still keeps me attached to the detector which I try to avoid.

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My eTrac is fantastic on the beaches I hunt. Just don't get the control box wet. Can't comment on the DUES but I had an F-75 anniversary edition which was useless on the beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread