Nexus MkII, Deus, CTX3030, Garrett ATX, Tesoro Cortes, Whites V3, Fisher F75, Credo

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nexus MkII, Deus, CTX3030, Garrett ATX, Tesoro Cortes, White's V3, Fisher F75, Credo

Hi folks.
As I mentioned in another tread I have acquired some juicy collection of metal detectors for tests. All sorts of tests. What ever comes to mind.
So the detectors are;
Nexus Standard MkII - supposedly the big gun out there.
Nexus Credo DDM
XP Deus with the big coil
Minelab CTX 3030 with 11"DD
Fisher F75
Tesoro Cortes with spider coil and biog DD coil
Garrett ATX
and finally today have arrived the White's V3i with 10"DD or so.

Now I would like to make this a public sort of test discussion, so if anyone have any idea of how to squeeze the balls out of any of these gadgets I'm all ears.
Any cheeky program for best what ever is welcome. I certainly don't know all of their tricks yet, but I do have a decent set of US and EU coins for testing for the start.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is as good a test as anything I've seen. With some good discussion too. I think there are some tips for setups on the 3030 & Dues there to boot. I'd be very interested to see how the Nexus fair on the same test.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/d...-targets-below-iron-first-time-i-ve-seen.html

I'm not questioning your purchase of the Cortes, but I would like to know why you picked that model opposed to some of the more popular ones. I for one would like to see how it performs. There isn't much out there for vids on it.

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is as good a test as anything I've seen. With some good discussion too. I think there are some tips for setups on the 3030 & Dues there to boot. I'd be very interested to see how the Nexus fair on the same test.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/d...-targets-below-iron-first-time-i-ve-seen.html

I'm not questioning your purchase of the Cortes, but I would like to know why you picked that model opposed to some of the more popular ones. I for one would like to see how it performs. There isn't much out there for vids on it.
Thanks for the tips.
The Cortes I purchased, because it is the top Tesoro model, but I heard later the Tejon is the deeper one. Just want to try out what I can get my hands on. The Cortes is very sensitive in air even more than the Deus, but in ground seems to quickly fall behind. Have not tested it in detail yet.

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just watched the test link. When the Iron nails are mostly in parallel to the coil cross section that's easy. I'm surprised that some of the detectors were failing on this test. The Deus seems to beat the others on this, but just turn the nails 90 degree to what's the coil cross section and see what happens.
I have seen this separation as they call it test with Credo DDM. I'll try the same with my collection to see how many detectors will pass.

I got some solid selection of hot rocks, some are magnetic. I'll also use bricks. All worst of torture to see what's going to come out of it.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tests are good, but don't tell the whole story; I kept the v3i in the closet after testing it against the ctx3030.

After taking it out to a spot I beat to death with the CTX I found some more relics, and since the opposite is true; I've found stuff with the CTX that the v3i didn't hit on well.

I think competing metal detectors are best used to compliment each other. Buy the best machine you can afford, which is the moral of the story.

All top of the line detectors will have a strong point, which another won't have.

I like the ctx and v3i the same.

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tests are good, but don't tell the whole story; I kept the v3i in the closet after testing it against the ctx3030.

After taking it out to a spot I beat to death with the CTX I found some more relics, and since the opposite is true; I've found stuff with the CTX that the v3i didn't hit on well.

I think competing metal detectors are best used to compliment each other. Buy the best machine you can afford, which is the moral of the story.

All top of the line detectors will have a strong point, which another won't have.

I like the ctx and v3i the same.

Would you mind suggesting best settings for these two please? I am bit dumb on adjusting digital detectors as a part of my hate to all computers.
So what I do is blow them up on max sensitivity and minimum discrimination to just see what they can do tops, but this may be wrong.
I am particularly confused with the V3i. The menu options seem to require a university degree of some sort. The CTH3030 I find easy to use and quite pleasing.

The Credo DDM tests on You Tube may be a bit misleading, because all Nexus would beep on high sensitivity when very close to the ground. So I am not sure if scrubbing the coils is the right way to test them.
I have noticed the same phenomenon with close ground proximity signalling with the V3i, F75, Tesoro Cortes and the Deus. Only the CTX3030 is dead silent from the IB detectors as is the Garrett ATX, but that one is a PI.

Last edited:

Rock Rock

May 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Subscribed......

Wish I could suggest some settings ,but I don't own any of these MD'ers.

I'm looking to buy the Garrett ATX or the Minelab CTX 3030
mainly for beach hunting and leaning towards the ML 3030.

So any tests you do with the 3030 or ATX will keep me interested.

Thanks !

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Subscribed......

Wish I could suggest some settings ,but I don't own any of these MD'ers.

I'm looking to buy the Garrett ATX or the Minelab CTX 3030
mainly for beach hunting and leaning towards the ML 3030.

So any tests you do with the 3030 or ATX will keep me interested.

Thanks !

The ATX is deeper on coins, but if the discrimination is 0. With fair discrimination settings on the Garrett I can not make much difference in dept performance between the ATX and the CTX3030 if any.
The CTX3030 have absolutely superior discrimination and is just as silent on ground like the Garrett ATX at any setting.
Dept wise I would call them even.
Discrimination wise CTX3030 is a winner.
Features the CTX3030 is far ahead.
Weight wise the Garret is a ton heavy to me. The CTX is much lighter in comparison and more comfortable to use.

If you are wondering between these two I'd suggest the Minelab.

Rock Rock

May 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ATX is deeper on coins, but if the discrimination is 0. With fair discrimination settings on the Garrett I can not make much difference in dept performance between the ATX and the CTX3030 if any.
The CTX3030 have absolutely superior discrimination and is just as silent on ground like the Garrett ATX at any setting.
Dept wise I would call them even.
Discrimination wise CTX3030 is a winner.
Features the CTX3030 is far ahead.
Weight wise the Garret is a ton heavy to me. The CTX is much lighter in comparison and more comfortable to use.

If you are wondering between these two I'd suggest the Minelab.

Thanks sirusramse !

Any info is very helpful . I'm most likely going to buy the Minelab and your info has helped me feel better about my decision.

Thanks again for your reply , appreciate it .

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks sirusramse !

Any info is very helpful . I'm most likely going to buy the Minelab and your info has helped me feel better about my decision.

Thanks again for your reply , appreciate it .
I do not intend to trow you into any confusion, but in the today's tests the CTX3030 did not manage to stand up to the Deus. Granted the Deus was with a bigger coil, but not by much. It is also way much lighter than CTX3030. You may want to consider it.

May I ask what purpose do you need a detector for? What are you going to be hunting for?

Rock Rock

May 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not intend to trow you into any confusion, but in the today's tests the CTX3030 did not manage to stand up to the Deus. Granted the Deus was with a bigger coil, but not by much. It is also way much lighter than CTX3030. You may want to consider it.

May I ask what purpose do you need a detector for? What are you going to be hunting for?

Mainly the Beach (wet/dry) and water up to waist.

PS: If the 3030 weighs less than my Garrett Grandmaster Hunter CX2 I will be happy and I'm sure it does.

Thanks Again !

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CTX 3030 is great for beach and water hunting. The ATX will go deeper, but only with no discrimination.

Give me a call if I can answer any questions.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well the best settings are different at every site I hunt...

For a test I'd think the most fair thing would be compare stock coin modes for both machines, or relic mode vs relic mode.

But it's far more complicated then that, Ground-Coin, Ferrous-Coin, every change changes things.

In my opinion, depth isn't the most important aspect, if it was for me then I'd get a pulse machine.

For me, the most important is getting good signals within trash, especially a lot of the old homes I hunt are infested with iron.

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the best settings are different at every site I hunt...

For a test I'd think the most fair thing would be compare stock coin modes for both machines, or relic mode vs relic mode.

But it's far more complicated then that, Ground-Coin, Ferrous-Coin, every change changes things.

In my opinion, depth isn't the most important aspect, if it was for me then I'd get a pulse machine.

For me, the most important is getting good signals within trash, especially a lot of the old homes I hunt are infested with iron.
Well then. You can tat any detector the way it fits your idea about what makes them good.
My idea is dept and discrimination, simple as that. To me this is most important. That's why I test everything in this way.
It is clearly measurable and definite to prove.

The other aspects are way to open for interpretation and suggestion. That's why I wouldn't even begin to discuss trash sites performance, mineral bollox etc. About those everyone have their own standards and opinion. There can be never a clear winner.

So my test are for what is obvious.

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys. Today I went to this rally (festival of a sort_ detecting event in Bulgaria, Lovetch district - village Slivek.
Very bad organisation. Nothing came out so far as tests, just some cockcrow chest beating mu detector this, mu detector that.
I hope tomorrow to be more constructive so I can shoot some real videos.

So far the Nexus company demonstrated with their SE Ultima coil some tin cans at 180 cm at minimum sensitivity. Impressive, but they couldn't get high sensitivity. It is muddy and detectors can not get much on the high end.

The Deus is a failure in this conditions. It seems the high moisture and the soil conditions don't let this machine work much in there.

Nexus have demonstrated their Bonanza with some Euro cents coin at about 14" with 10"DD. A guy with Deus came along with the big DD coil, but couldn't get any near that dept. Beyond 10" the Deus responses were indistinguishable from background noise. So no one could tell what it was.

There were also some tests done with a bucket of black sand from South Bulgaria. Fisher F75 went trough the black sand, but no discrimination. Nexus didn't do much. Only half way that bucket, but with perfect discrimination. Tomorrow we will see more of these tests.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bulgarians are a big failure. Nothing real happened today on this rally. No comparative tests as they have promised and there was no way for me to get a free hour to test my machines either. there was all the time someone to argue about superiority of one detector or another.

One interesting tests did came ou though.
Some guys brought highly mineralised soil from some place far away. About a cubic meter or so. There were a lot of magnetic hot rocks in it, but with a week attraction to magnet.

Few detectors were tested.
Tangra (new BG brand), Nexus, Golden Mask, AKA Signum and XP Deus.

The Tangra did not do well, but it demonstrated very good Ground Balance processing.
The Nexus MkII with 10"DD did produce signals from all coins, most of them gold, but with fair amount of clicking from the hot rocks.
The Golden mask was somewhat same as Nexus, but after that test it couldn't ground Balance on the normal soil around.
The AKA Signum needed a long time to establish some routine for reasonable detection. In the end it managed with some difficulties, but it missed the smallest gold coins ( less than half inch).

The most interesting was the Deus.
Now the guy that came along with his Deus made some adjustments that made all other machines to look stupid. He was seemingly detecting all signals amongst the hot rocks so well that in my experience only PI detectors can do this well in this kind of ground. So even by the look of things the Deus was showing some hot results I am not sure if the guy did not cheat some how, because in the normal soil the same detector did not demonstrated much more than the AKA Signum and definitely couldn't beat Nexus on dept.
There were two video cameras recording this test. As soon as I have the You Tube links I will post them here.

Last edited by a moderator:

baimangal

Jun 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys know that this is a rogue sirusramse manufacturer of Nexus?
Manufacturer of the Nexus detectors is sirusramse.

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys know that this is a rogue sirusramse manufacturer of Nexus?
Manufacturer of the Nexus detectors is sirusramse.

Another agent of who knows what brand blasting out. If you want to discredit my reports get one Nexus and go ahead, but that still won't make me a manufacturer of detectors ma men.

You must be a Bulgarian if my post here offends you. Sorry I didn't mean it.

yaponetsa

May 6, 2010
Hi my name is Ivan Mihaylov,im member of Bulgarian National Metaldetecting Federetion(BNMF) (removed by mod) personly take part in the organization of the last meeting at Slivek 16-18 may 2014.

The claims that the organization was very bad ,and big failure are not true.
Im very sad that such claims came from a Bulgarian,who pretended to be siriusramse.
Our anual meetengs are visited from people all over the world - UK,USA,Russia,Ukraine,Greece,Turkey /minelab,kellyko,nokta,e.i.t-detectors,aka,marsmd and many others.

Unfortunately some ppl did not realise that the goal of such events,are not to find out wich detector is the best.But to share expirience,to met friends,to see whats new on the market,to discuss some stupid laws about metaldetecting in some countries, and many other things.
These events are not only competition , and with your claims you do to our meetengs "very good" promotion in this forum.

Thank you mr......whoever you want to be called,and best regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen please watch language ( removed ) and insults.

We do not allow the posting of links to other treasure websites on our forums either...

Thanks.....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread