OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They wouldnt have issued my concealed carry permit.....the only state that DOES NOT ISSUE permits. Which IMO goes completely against my 2nd amendment right....but hey!! lets talk about detecting!!!

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They wouldnt have issued my concealed carry permit.....the only state that DOES NOT ISSUE permits. Which IMO goes completely against my 2nd amendment right...
Hey! I call my Home State a Gestapo State myself! A concealed carry in Illinois has so many regulation's attached to it that your probably better off
not having one. Having one and not abiding to the letter of the law here in Illinois most likely would be a lawsuit. Oh by the way when I had my AT pro
here in Illinois (I live along the Mississippi) It Ground Balanced in the back yard at 91. Called Garrett and the lady thought that was pretty high for here
but there is a red clay here in the yard. My friend says his AT G.B's in the Low 80's at a Fairgrounds we hunt in the video. Don't get me wrong! The AT
is probably the best Dollar Value going for a Metal detector today. I just Got a TeK G-2+ and it's a little deeper than my buddy's AT in his freshly buried
test garden. My opinion here in Illinois is that the Etrac,CTX hit targets an inch or two deeper in Auto + than the AT but when it comes to coins on Edge
the AT Pro doesn't fair as well as the Etrac CTX. I've pulled 11 seated dimes out of that old Fairgrounds in 2015 and the shallowest was around 6+ and on edge.
Other's were 8-9 and either on edge or on edge around Iron. Then again I had another friend who pulled a Beautiful 1891 seated dime out a hole with a nail that I missed
with both my FBS detectors The nail and coin were around 5" down and I saw it for myself to. Doesn't matter what you use as you never get it all. Just enjoy and
have fun in what little time I have for my favorite hobby. Check out my other vids I have one with the G-2 Just got it before winter and only one hunt on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a G2+ about the same time.....it is crazy fast and the 5x10 coil really brings it to life in the heavy iron. Loves nickels and low conductors. You are right it is a little deeper than AT pro.....neck and neck with my AT Gold in Disc. All-metal i have not tested due to the G2 chatting indoors and its cold outside....lol. If i thought fora minute that a CTX could hit 3-ringers here at 12" i would order one tomorrow! Good luck with your G2!

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a G2+ about the same time.....it is crazy fast and the 5x10 coil really brings it to life in the heavy iron. Loves nickels and low conductors. You are right it is a little deeper than AT pro.....neck and neck with my AT Gold in Disc. All-metal i have not tested due to the G2 chatting indoors and its cold outside....lol. If i thought fora minute that a CTX could hit 3-ringers here at 12" i would order one tomorrow! Good luck with your G2!
I would take a G2 plus over the CTX for low conductors myself but im just a silver hunter. Good luck yourself.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently saw a video of the new MX sport out performing the Deus on recovery speed.....and once i saw a video of man who could turn green and lift a truck! Videos are like opinions; look hard enough and you can find anything you want....

You crack me up. When people doubt original video that you post you argue. Then when somebody else does the same you say "videos are like opinions; look hard enough and you can find anything you want...
Just confirms my thought when I first read your post. Here he goes again.

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You crack me up. When people doubt original video that you post you argue. Then when somebody else does the same you say "videos are like opinions; look hard enough and you can find anything you want...
Just confirms my thought when I first read your post. Here he goes again.

What cracks me up is how you (deleted by mod) the Tesoro forum, just to argue bout how much they suck and how dissatisfied you were your Vaquero....You post more on the Tesoro forum than you do on the minelab forum! How many videos have we seen on Treasurenet that were directly aimed at putting down the AT pro? Most of the time they are running it in STD mode which is clear by the stupid bell tones and is usually being compared to machines costing 2-3 times as much. I do believe that the video is on the up and up. I have seen that same guy dig many deep targets with that set up. I was just saying that videos are a lot of times made by biased people who have interest in a particular company. A good example is Blisstool....I have been looking at them for some time now, and there are plenty of videos onine; but almost all were posted by dealers, etc. I hold very little value in those videos. Kinda like if you were to post a Tesoro video....

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger, please refrain from using troll comments, it is considered insults and violates our rules...

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What cracks me up is how you (deleted by mod) the Tesoro forum, just to argue bout how much they suck and how dissatisfied you were your Vaquero....You post more on the Tesoro forum than you do on the minelab forum! How many videos have we seen on Treasurenet that were directly aimed at putting down the AT pro? Most of the time they are running it in STD mode which is clear by the stupid bell tones and is usually being compared to machines costing 2-3 times as much. I do believe that the video is on the up and up. I have seen that same guy dig many deep targets with that set up. I was just saying that videos are a lot of times made by biased people who have interest in a particular company. A good example is Blisstool....I have been looking at them for some time now, and there are plenty of videos onine; but almost all were posted by dealers, etc. I hold very little value in those videos. Kinda like if you were to post a Tesoro video....

Only once have I seen a video that showed another detector as better and that was the vaquero. I didn't agree and said so.

Last edited:

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I totally disagree abut the ATP being better than the Minelab 3030 or the E-TRAC... I own an ATP and I am darn good with it. I use and 8x5 coil on it but my E-TRAC out hunts the ATP hands down and my E-TRAC has no trouble finding coins at 10" and the ATP fades really fast after 6".. I more than doubled my finds with my E-TRAC over the ATP and I have hunted the same place with both detectors.. I am not knocking the ATP but it will never out do a ctx 3030 or an E-TRAC.

The key to any detector is experience. If you don't know how to use it properly you won't find much

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread