๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION 2008 NYG S. BOWL RING DUG ON MYRTLE BEACH -RETURNED! PLAYER REVEALED! NEW PICS !

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. , Expl.II & Excalibur
Re: 2008 NYG SUPER BOWL RING FOUND ON MYRTLE BEACH BY WV TREASURE HUNTER

civilman1 said:
One For Your Pa......Just lost mine a week before Thanksgiving,he would have been proud of Ya :thumbsup:
[/Sorry about your Pa, my friend. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. The good thing was that my Pa had nearly 83 precious years on the earth. I had nearly 55 precious years with my Pa. We were so blessed to have him that long. I helped my Pa raise my younger siblings and did everything I could for him. That has helped me to keep going. I pray for you and your family. Thanks for the nice comments.

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

jopher said:
You did your pa proud !

Maybe the Rookie couldn't afford to reward you.......probably barely grossed a Mil. this season.
[/]Thanks, my friend. My Pa had 12 children and still fed other children in the neighborhood. It's hard to let a father go, when he was such a compassionate man. I'm so proud of my Pa, I may sound prejudice, but of the 12 children, 10 received college degrees, and all are doing very well in the workplace. I could never fill those shoes. Thanks for the comments.

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

SC_hunter said:
Fantastic thing you did. I will say this, your mom and dad raised one fine son.
[/Thanks, my friend. I think I was put on this earth to help my Ma & Pa. When I was young, we had some really tuff times. I saw my Ma & Pa trying so hard, it did something to me. It made me devote my life to helping them. I have learned to be a plumber, electrician, carperter, auto mechanic, electronic tv & radio repair, and etc. It has given me great rewards in my heart. Thanks for the nice comment. It means a lot to me.]

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

fantastic job on returning the ring to its rightful owner! :thumbsup:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you're a football fan I'd still try to phone the guy and hit him up for a couple of tickets. The least he could do. Nice gesture, you're a great American. Monty

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Detectingfreak said:
fantastic job on returning the ring to its rightful owner! :thumbsup:
[/Thanks, My TH Friend, I'm sure you would have done the same thing. Good Hunting!quote]

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Monty said:
If you're a football fan I'd still try to phone the guy and hit him up for a couple of tickets. The least he could do. Nice gesture, you're a great American. Monty
[/Thanks Monty, My TH Friend, He was a rookie. He may not have had much. Some say his minimum salary was $400 -450K plus a Super Bowl Winner Bonus (Probably a 100K or so). Who knows. It was a blast finding it, sharing it with my friends and family, and then returning it to its owner. I'll never forger it. It may be hard to top, but I will always reach for the dream treasures.quote]

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

WTG on returning ring, however if I was a NYG fan before, I would not be now.......NGE

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
WTG on returning ring, however if I was a NYG fan before, I would not be now.......NGE
[/I know what you mean. It does kinda turn a person off somewhat. Thanks for comment, my Th friend. Happy Hunting.]

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70

Outstanding story............Huge karma points sent to you sir.

Thanks for returning this ring to its rightfull owner.

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250

I just wanted to say that your act of honesty and kindness will forever be etched in the hearts and minds of those who were privalaged to here your story! May God bless you and your family each and every day! Thank you! Cribster

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! That is a once in a lifetime find. DEFINITELY banner material.....

O.... and phantomfinder a " perfect " use of the phrase HOLY MOTHER OF GOD !!!!!! LMAO ROFL

PLL

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

bbqbull said:
Outstanding story............Huge karma points sent to you sir.

Thanks for returning this ring to its rightfull owner.
[/Thanks for the nice comments, my TH friend. It was fun finding the ring and showing it to everyone around. It was such a thrill, it gave me chills down my spine when I found it. And what a great feeling when I gave it back to the New York Giants player. Good Luck Hunting]

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

pganjon said:
I just wanted to say that your act of honesty and kindness will forever be etched in the hearts and minds of those who were privalaged to here your story! May God bless you and your family each and every day! Thank you! Cribster
[/That has got to be the nicest comments I've ever heard, my TH friend. Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice comment. This comment has touched my heart. I'm sure you would have returned the ring also, my friend. God Bless You & Your Family Each & Every Day As Well, My Friend. God Will Bless You, I'm Sure. Steviewhite]

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

pegleglooker said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! That is a once in a lifetime find. DEFINITELY banner material.....

O.... and phantomfinder a " perfect " use of the phrase HOLY MOTHER OF GOD !!!!!! LMAO ROFL

PLL
[/Thanks, My TH Friend, I have always reached for the stars on everything. I built my first Whites Coinmaster because I could not afford to buy one. It worked so good and I found many coins and relics with it. This SB ring is truly my best find so far. It will be hard to top, but I love this hobby. It is my stress reliever and it is very exciting. Ya never know what you might find. I would like to find the Holy Grail or The Arc Of The Covanent... See What I Mean... Good Luck. Steviewhite]

makton

Mar 5, 2008
New Lenox, Il
Detector(s) used
Explorer II with 10x12 SEF

Wow, That's all I can say. I am a big Giants fan and went to the SB Bowl last year.
If I found it, I would have given it back as well but would have asked for an Eli autograph or some kind of Giants stuff. Wouldn't be looking for cash but if they offered.....I wouldn;t say no.
I would have taken my time in getting it back because that would be a find of a lifetime for me!

makton

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

makton said:
Wow, That's all I can say. I am a big Giants fan and went to the SB Bowl last year.
If I found it, I would have given it back as well but would have asked for an Eli autograph or some kind of Giants stuff. Wouldn't be looking for cash but if they offered.....I wouldn't;t say no.
I would have taken my time in getting it back because that would be a find of a lifetime for me!

makton
[/quoteThanks for the comment, my TH friend. I had the ring a little over 3 months. I showed it to everyone around. It was definitely my best find so far. I have found an Ohio Cartridge Box Plate that has been appraised at 10K, which is my second best find. The TH hobby has been good to me. I have recently started hunting in lakes and ocean surf. It produced 20 gold and 30 silver rings in 2 weeks, which has really got me anxious to start hunting again when weather breaks. Never been to Super Bowl game before. Have seen one pro game -Dallas & N. Orleans some years ago. Have 7 brothers and 5 of us are avid THers. A lot of civil war action here in WV. Running out of good places to hunt, but have Minelab Explorer2 and have been hunting same places over and doing pretty good. The NYG rookie met me at the Holiday Inn on Oct. 4th and I gave him his ring back. He showed up about 2 hours late and arrived at 11:00 PM. The local news people had to leave and do the 11:00 news and did not get to film the story. My brother videoed me giving him the ring back. I hope to post some stills if I can get them ready soon. He was a nice guy though. Very friendly, 24 years old. So glad to get his ring back. He was very embarrassed that he had lost the ring and didn't want any publicity. He would not disclose how he lost the ring, but said it was personal. I knew I couldn't keep the ring, when I found out who owned it. Like my story says, The Lord and my Pa would want me to return it to it's rightful owner. Keep Detecting Your Day Will Come!

dobbie

Jan 5, 2009

WOW that is an impressive find for sure. WTG on finding it and returning it. to be honest I would have been tempted to keep it. The closest thing I have ever found to something like that was a replica championship ring for the Sacremento Monarchs.

Attachments

• display case 011.jpg
    display case 011.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3,857
  • display case 012.jpg
    display case 012.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 3,841
  • display case 013.jpg
    display case 013.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 3,822

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Man I've got to check this board more often, that is one nice find. Should've asked for a jersey!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread