Posts Needed - Page 8
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Posts Needed

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2012
    STATEN ISLAND NY
    ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater. Macro Multi Kruzer
    736 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I never posted a picture, but this video tells the story.
    Jose The Goon likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23921 times
    Metal Detecting
    Man you guys are some good people

us
    Sep 2012
    STATEN ISLAND NY
    ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater. Macro Multi Kruzer
    736 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I had forgotten about this one, he got it back in time for the 60TH school reunion back in May or June that he was organizing. There was mention of it in the reunion magazine. The story is more to the end of the video. Detectorcomparisons is my dive/hunting partner. I just find my way into the videos, I don't film or edit.
    Last edited by mike b; Dec 10, 2018 at 04:00 PM. Reason: more info

us
    Nov 2018
    South East Alabama
    Began with Bounty Hunter, Now have AT Pro and AT Max. Gifted my brother and cousin with an ACE 300 & 400.
    1024 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    Did you Return a Ring to it's Owner ?

If you Did...

#1. Did You Post the Find when you Found It ?

#2. Did You Return The Item to its Owner ?

#3. Do You Have any Photographic Proof of this, Posted to your Thread ? (this can Consist of A picture of the Owner, A Thank you Letter, Newspaper Article or anything else to Show it was returned)

If You can Answer Yes to all 3 of these Conditions above...

I want the Link to your Post, so I can Include it in Our Honorable Members... Where members of distinction are honored.

Thank You !
    Jeff
    How do you link to a post? I posted a found and returned ring in today's finds on Dec 31 2018. Didnt know about honorable mentions.
    Truth likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    Somewhere below the mason-dixon
    XP Deus- Garrett GTI 2500- Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
    1420 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    I have many returned items but like a few people have mentioned I didn't think about posing in a picture. Their expressions with a verbal thank you and a cup of coffee was enough. With that said my only documented return item was about 3 yrs ago. A gentlemen had contacted my club about a missing hoard of silver he had buried years ago. Two members and I donated our time to help this family. Nearly 2 hr drive. He buried 3 pvc tubes stuffed with eagles and ingots weighing around 10lbs each. A lot of value. By the time I got there he had been digging off and on for two weeks. He was so upset he could not find the third tube, says he hasn't had a good night sleep since. He had a hand drawn map and we went from there. After about 1 hour on a steep incline we didn't have nothing. We took turns in a grid pattern with 3 different machines where he said it should be, nothing. I decided to wonder up the hill just south of the location and hit a loud "HERE I AM" signal and instantly knew I had it. I called everyone over and let the homeowner dig it himself. WoW I was amazed when he opened the pvc end cap. The homeowner was soo grateful he had donated to our club and allowed us to pose with the discovered pvc tube. The pic below is us three, myself holding the tube.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 (2).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	1677134Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	1677135

This find was also documented on our club website. Brief description of the request and return with pics.
    Last edited by dfallis1; Feb 04, 2019 at 05:00 PM.
    devldog, SeabeeRon and Truth like this.

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    961 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dfallis1 View Post
    I have many returned items but like a few people have mentioned I didn't think about posing in a picture. Their expressions with a verbal thank you and a cup of coffee was enough. With that said my only documented return item was about 2 yrs ago. A gentlemen had contacted my club about a missing hoard of silver he had buried years ago. Two members and I donated our time to help this family. Nearly 2 hr drive. He buried 3 pvc tubes stuffed with eagles and ingots weighing around 10lbs each. A lot of value. By the time I got there he had been digging off and on for two weeks. He was so upset he could not find the third tube, says he hasn't had a good night sleep since. He had a hand drawn map and we went from there. After about 1 hour on a steep incline we didn't have nothing. We took turns in a grid pattern with 3 different machines where he said it should be, nothing. I decided to wonder up the hill just south of the location and hit a loud "HERE I AM" signal and instantly knew I had it. I called everyone over and let the homeowner dig it himself. WoW I was amazed when he opened the pvc end cap. The homeowner was soo grateful he had donated to our club and allowed us to pose with the discovered pvc tube. The pic below is us three, myself holding the tube.

This find was also documented on our club website. Brief description of the request and return with pics.
    AWESOME!! Did you get a look at the contents of this tube and the other two?!?
    dfallis1 and devldog like this.
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

us
    Jan 2016
    1420 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    AWESOME!! Did you get a look at the contents of this tube and the other two?!?
    Thank you SeabeeRon. He opened the tube I found. The other two tubes he had already recovered before we arrived and I assume they were in a safe. I hope. Inside the giant PVC tube was stuffed with silver eagles in 20ct. tubes and small bags of ingots. He said they weighed over 10lbs each.
    SeabeeRon and devldog like this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    3634 times
    Relic Hunting
    That was some Great Deed. Well Done for locating and getting that 3rd tube back to its owner.
    dfallis1 likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    1420 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by devldog View Post
    That was some Great Deed. Well Done for locating and getting that 3rd tube back to its owner.
    Thanks devldog. The brush in the background was our search area, nasty stuff. And to top it off its like a 45degree incline.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23921 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by dfallis1 View Post
    I have many returned items but like a few people have mentioned I didn't think about posing in a picture. Their expressions with a verbal thank you and a cup of coffee was enough. With that said my only documented return item was about 2 yrs ago. A gentlemen had contacted my club about a missing hoard of silver he had buried years ago. Two members and I donated our time to help this family. Nearly 2 hr drive. He buried 3 pvc tubes stuffed with eagles and ingots weighing around 10lbs each. A lot of value. By the time I got there he had been digging off and on for two weeks. He was so upset he could not find the third tube, says he hasn't had a good night sleep since. He had a hand drawn map and we went from there. After about 1 hour on a steep incline we didn't have nothing. We took turns in a grid pattern with 3 different machines where he said it should be, nothing. I decided to wonder up the hill just south of the location and hit a loud "HERE I AM" signal and instantly knew I had it. I called everyone over and let the homeowner dig it himself. WoW I was amazed when he opened the pvc end cap. The homeowner was soo grateful he had donated to our club and allowed us to pose with the discovered pvc tube. The pic below is us three, myself holding the tube.

What a great story
    dfallis1 and devldog like this.

us
    World's Grumpiest Old Man

Dec 2014
    St Helens, Oregon
    Garrett AT Pro
    135 times
    Metal Detecting

Metal Detecting Devices -for Free!

It recently occurred to me that social media offers a way to "advertise" our willingness to help people locate lost objects. I posted my availability to do so on Nextdoor. I soon heard from a gentleman who had lost a metal rod that served as linkage to a trigger pan on a live trap - the kind used to catch skunks, raccoons, and other critters.

He'd lost the rod, which was approximately 18 inches long and 1/8 inch in diameter, in a 12 acre field. He knew roughly where it might have been dropped, but new hay had overgrown it. We traded a few posts and agreed on a meeting time. I showed up with my AT Pro and pinpointer and went to work. The gentleman offered encouragement but I could tell that the ball was in my court to prove myself.

I started out by scanning the trap itself to determine what my detector thought of it. With this reference measurement I began working the field in the approximate area of the loss. Within 40 minutes and a couple of trash hits I found and retrieved the missing rod. As luck would have it both my cell phone and camera batteries were shot so I couldn't photograph the object. I returned the "find" to its owner, who posted his thanks. I will forward my original "ad" and the thank you letter separately.
    jeff of pa, devldog and Greastart like this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    3634 times
    Relic Hunting
    Good Deed and Well Done.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2016
    Georgia
    Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
    2610 times

Posts Needed

Returned a ring to Balfour today, they are mailing it to the owner who is now in Texas...here’s the link to original post.

Going to attempt to find the owner
    Last edited by Vhoov; Aug 27, 2019 at 08:23 AM.

us
    Mar 2013
    Upstate NY
    whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
    892 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Hey Jeff I think I have a story that meets your criteria. Not only did i find the ring i let the owner pull it out of the hole!! Its posted in today's finds under "my find of a lifetime and the return"
    jeff of pa likes this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Sponsored Links