Found wallet in the road today

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello!

On the way home from work today, as I was driving along a four lane each way road. I spotted what I thought was a wallet on the very side on the street. As usual, I had to turn around and investigate... which I did. Went by it again and sure enough, it did look like a wallet. So I turned around again and pulled in a gas station and waited until traffic cleared . Finally, when it did I pulled out and drove up, hopped out of the truck and ran over and picked up the... yes a wallet!

Checked it out while driving home, loaded with cash and credit cards, etc. When I got home I started looking for this girl's number to call her to return it. I got their number from calling 555-1212 but when I called, it had been disconnected. Bummer. There was a business card from a Apartment Search company right up front in one of the pockets so I called it and explained the situation. The lady did know the girl and called her for me.

5 minutes later, the girl calls and was very happy to talk to me. We made arrangements to meet when she gets off work in about an hour.

I'll update you after to let you know how it went.

This is the third time that I have found a wallet in the road and returned it. Can't wait to see her smile!!

Happy!
BDoo

Attachments

• Wallet.jpg
    Wallet.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 2,534

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just want to see how cute she is! :D

You're a good man, some would just take the dough and dump the wallet!

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Well done, BDoo! Might as well face it: you just can't help yourself... you're one of the good guys!

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Always nice to know the people here are of such high moral standards!! Very nice BDoo.

DK

M

mchamby

I'm sure she will be very appreciative. Ya got good moral values. ;)
HH
Mchamby

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
who's da man ?? you da man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is completely awesome bob. ;D ;D

like the guy that returned my metal detector,,,, he did NOT have to do that....

i do hope she's cute .............. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Just watch, she will be single and 38 EEE. Her dad owns Home Depot and the Miami Dolphins. He gives you a job managing their stores in Florida and free NFL season tickets. Her mom is a ninja masseus and master chef. She offers massages every night after you get off work and gourmet meals after that. Her brother is the chief brewer for Anheuser Bush and has problems getting rid of beer that is 60 days past the "born on" date. He asks you to help him out. Her sister is friends with Shania Twain and Faith Hill. They come over for barbecue all the time and they want to introduce you to them.

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
ringding said:
Just watch, she will be single and 38 EEE. Her dad owns Home Depot and the Miami Dolphins. He gives you a job managing their stores in Florida and free NFL season tickets. Her mom is a ninja masseus and master chef. She offers massages every night after you get off work and gourmet meals after that. Her brother is the chief brewer for Anheuser Bush and has problems getting rid of beer that is 60 days past the "born on" date. He asks you to help him out. Her sister is friends with Shania Twain and Faith Hill. They come over for barbecue all the time and they want to introduce you to them.

A dreamer! Awesome!

WTG on returning the wallet, can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

HH

JW

T

Txtreasure

Well,, my bank made a boo boo and doubled my deposit Friday,, It took me half a day to get them to take the money back. Then they gave me a coffee cup for being so honest. I told them the thought of bank fraud had a lot more to do with it than honesty. ::)

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the return! Good to know there are still one or two good samaritans out there. May your kindness be rapaid to you tenfold!

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job. I to hope she's a cutie, let us know

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks for all the supernice comments everyone.
I am really honored! :)

Funny thing is... not real funny,
she never called me back???
She said she was at work and would get off in an hour and a half and she would head this way, calling me when she was 5 minutes from our agreed upon meeting point. Well, it's four hours later and no call. I pray she is ok and not having a REALLY bad day.

I'll update you all when I have some news. Might be tomorrow now.

Thanks again!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Now hear this!

The next gold piece to be dug shall be dug by you!

Let it be written, let it be done.

You're one of the great ones!

Badger

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
She was in a hurry to meet you; got stopped
for speeding, no drivers license; warrent for
unpaid tickets on recore >:(
no bail money :-\