🏆 HONORABLE MENTION What is more exciting than a gold ring? A gold coin!!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is only true, if you can get out far enough to where the saltwater is not contaminated.

My doctor told me to stay out of the water and off the beach, when I have a rash or any open wound/cut.
There all sorts of nasties, you can catch in the water if you are not careful, especially near where rivers/streams empty into the ocean. The usual culprit is Staph infections which can range from discomfort to the serious flesh eating type.

Fresh water is even worse, in the tropics, in that you can be infected even if you do not have a cut. Especially after heavy rains, as cesspools and septic systems often overflow.

You can also get sick from the water near waterfalls as the large flat area above which feeds the falls acts like a giant Petrie dish for bacteria to grow in and there is not enough rock for the water to purify it before it goes over the falls. I learned of this in Hawaii, the hard way!

Amazing story until the crash. I think saltwater is good for healing road rash so the quicker you are able, get back out there and get that good Karma flowing. slomoe:coffee2:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202