BARCLAY PARK ELGIN

montecristo

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2005
HAS ANYBODY HUNTED THIS LITTLE PARK? IT IS ON DUNDEE AVE AND CENTER ST.
ITS BEEN THERE SINCE 1867.

Attachments

• dundee and center st.jpg
    dundee and center st.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 179
  • elgin.jpg
    elgin.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 178

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yes, the playground there was demolished in the 1970's, it was refilled and a berm added. The berm became a nice backstop for the local winos and they spent many a long lazy summer night there drinking and vomiting as I recall from my point of view at Burger King #1323 right across the street.

10 years ago during the Center Street rehab there they removed the berm, but to my dismay they put a lot of those iron spikes down to hold in the new patchwork ground. Been thinking it'd be a good hit with a good machine. When you gonna hit it? No parking on the street nearby, probably in the lot next to BK early Sunday morn would be best.

Neighbors got itchy knife/trigger fingers there.

OP
OP
M

montecristo

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2005
THANKS FOR THE INFO LOWBATTS , NOW I JUST HAVE TO WORK UP THE CURAGE AND HIT IT. AND THERE IS ALSO THE POLICE STATION COUPLE BLOCKS AWAY. HOPE THEY DONT ARREST ME.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Elgin cops are very cool and easy to deal with. I've had people call them out on me when doing parkways in town before and when they roll up they don't even get out, just ask if I've found anything cool then they move along.

But like I said, early morning, Saturday or Sunday. Keeps the lookie loo's off your back.

Also, just PM me for any Elgin info to keep it discrete!

P.S. The fence around the upper area in Wing is being torn down and replaced along the area by the ballfields, a long stretch is down right now and should be a good place to check out. Don't hit it when the crew is there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread