Got a wheat ear at least

oz_il

Oct 6, 2008
Evergreen Park, IL
Tried "quarterback school" for an hour today but the prime 'money dumping' area was over run with kids playing baseball. Tried the side of the building where I find mostly trash. A surprise 1944 wheat ear popped up, also found a lipstick tube (not very old) some thin copper wrist bracelet, cheap heart shaped charm (picture long gone), a few pull tabs and other assorted trash. Managed one dime and one cent. About 50 minutes into it the kids left and in 10 minutes I found 2 quarters(up to 248), a key, another dime, nickel (on the surface) and a few more cents.

Trying tomorrow AM and see if i can dig 60 targets in 60 minutes. Hopefully at least 40 will be coins but need a pocket spill here and there to have a chance.

$91.99 so far (started detecting in in April 2007), I should be able to break the $100 for the school this Spring. That's more than all the other school yards combined.

Old stuff still eluding me - five wheat ears, one silver dime and one silver quarter. Still, enough (recent) targets left to have a fun time.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
You got your wheatie, but hey with all the clad you're getting there, it's all good!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
oz_il

oz_il

Oct 6, 2008
Evergreen Park, IL
Failed big time! Most of the targets were 6'' deep so took me a while to find them. First target was a spent Winchester 12 gauge Leader cartridge and the next was a 70 style pull tab. Had a bad feeling LOL. Still in an hour nabbed 1 Q, 3D's, 2 nickels and 3 cents.

Then I set the ace to discrim out anything under a quarter. In 10 minutes I managed 3 quarters and a presidential series dollar (George W.). Also found another cheap-o bracelet (BRATZ) and 2 dimes that were stuck together that rang up as a quarter.

Saw "the kid" again. He lives close by and see me MD'ing every now and then. Told me the school he goes to had a lightning strike that blew out a boiler. School only 4 blocks from me but Md'ed it a few times but not much there. Told him to tell his buds to loose more money.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep at it. . . there's still tons of clad & silver out there just waiting for you :icon_pirat:

Mike - IL

Nov 17, 2007
West Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE,Explorer XS and Sovereign Elite
At that rate you'll pay for your detector in a hurry. I don't think I could dig 60 targets in an hour if I had to! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread