Old House Yard Hunt............Gives Up a Seated!

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Was back to my hometown on Columbus Day in northwestern Illinois. Got permission to hunt a yard of an 1850s house for a few hours Had enough time to hunt a portion of the front yard and first good coin was a 1953D quarter. Then I found a crusty/fried 1863 Indian. Just before I had to leave, I got a good silver dime signal down about 4 inches. Saw the shine of silver in the dirt on my towel. Reached down expecting to identify a Rosie or Merc and was pretty surprised when I realized it was seated - an 1875 plain.

It is my second seated dime this year. Also found 5 wheaties and a Illinois High School Association band award that looks like it got hit by a lawn mower. There is a ton of iron in this yard and I had to hunt very slow. Many iffy deep signals turned out to be nails. Hope to get a chance to hunt it again before the year is over. Only hunted about 20% of it. The place has alot of history. Legend has it was a stop on the underground railroad.

001.jpg

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt & nice finds.....I gotta get me one of them seated.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nice finds again! Very nice looking seated too!

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Wow, gotta love those old sites. Low trash and more of a chance to analyze every signal...
That dime sure looks sweet!
WTG! :thumbsup:

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt. I'm surprised at how many seated coins have been pulled lately. I want one!
HH
John

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, congrats!!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: