Well im the newest addition to the jobless statistics.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went into my day job (I was a CAD guy) this morning and was called into my bosses office and was informed that due to the lack of construction jobs in the US that they had to let me go. It was an awesome place to work, had 3 great years there but we were declining for almost 1 1/2 years and they held off as long as they could. 1st they cut my hours down to 30 hours a week then down to 20 hours a week now this. So I have no hard feelings towards them but it just sucks that I'm out on my rear before the holidays.

I still have my night job so that's a good thing, but now I will be open to go hunting during the weekdays if anyone is interested.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that.....I hope it won't last long....Been there before right about this time of the year too....Keep the spirit up cause you'll make it through....

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I'd say I'd join ya Kermit but I only get the car until 11:00 a.m. 2 days a week now. Lil' Lowbatts doing a lot of school work! Once in a while I may take wifey to work and then I'll get the cruiser. So let me know whenever you want to make it out on a Monday or Wednesday and we'll meet up.

I'm planning one whole day hunt next week and another the week after that. Both Mondays.

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Oh man...sorry to hear that news. But sometimes things happen for the best. You're a talented guy
and I'm sure you'll turned things around in a big way. Don't forget ... the Mega game is 200 million tonight. Seems like half the people that win just lost their jobs too... ;D

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I am sorry you lost one of your jobs treasurefiend! Good things do come around though! Be Patient and another one like it will come! :icon_thumleft:

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am Sorry to hear about that TreasureFiend................Times are still tough,but I hope you get
called back soon.................Best wishes ,Dave

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really sorry to hear that. . . on the bright side, maybe there's a sealed
mason jar in your future filled with some nice gold coinage :icon_sunny:

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Sorry to hear about your job situation Kermit. I'm sure you'll have a job in no time with your skills. Until then enjoy the weekday hunts with the other jobless detecting fanatics! Maybe you will hit that mason jar full of goodies that pays your way through winter. Coin roll hunting is also an option. I can't believe it's about time to get started with that again, for me.

( Facebook/Twitter update: currently I'm waiting on my dad to brush his teeth and comb his hair, drink a gallon of coffee and whatever else he does so we CAN GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE AND GET HUNTING!!! )

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to here about that buddy. Like they say, one door closes and another opens and in the mean time enjoy your time off and get some hunting done. Good luck to you.
HH
John

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
That's a shame bud!
Something will turn up for you though, but if I had your talent I'd maybe consider freelancing.
Mike

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
I am also unemployed with zero income and 2 kids. Daughters 12th birthday is next Friday and I have no money for a present. Christmas is coming...electricity will be shut off in a week or two tops and the car will be repossed this month with 1 payment left on it. No hope of unemployment benefits and no jobs to be had. Little education...we need $1200 a month to just exist.

I hope you find work soon, it is very, very scary out here in the fringe hanging by a thread.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
GL said:
I am also unemployed with zero income and 2 kids. Daughters 12th birthday is next Friday and I have no money for a present. Christmas is coming...electricity will be shut off in a week or two tops and the car will be repossed this month with 1 payment left on it. No hope of unemployment benefits and no jobs to be had. Little education...we need $1200 a month to just exist.

I hope you find work soon, it is very, very scary out here in the fringe hanging by a thread.

GL,

I sympathize with you, and fully undertstand the market isn't what it was, but...don't you think that instead of sitting at the computer on the internet, you should be out scouting a job? I mean, ANYTHING. You've got two kids at home that need you. I hope I don't come off as insensitive or abrasive, I'm just putting two and two together. Good luck.

Joe

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
12 applications last week, 2 today.
No offense taken, insensitive and abrasive is sexy.
This county has very little to offer in terms of employment. I require a minimum of $9 an hour full time to make my bills disappear. Sad but true. My truck has a 351 in it and gets 9-11 miles to the gallon, the wifes car knocks so distance is an issue as well.
I'm not the main subject here anyway. I'll get by somehow, maybe enlist or something.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Let me know what kind of CAD work you do.... I sometimes need to outsource some 3d enclosure type work (things that electronics will go into, and fit the PCB that I make). I've currently got a guy in Cali, but it's not a friend that is unemployed (he has a job). I would much rather give work away to someone that needs it.

What is your software forte? (it would be 1099 work though).

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh thankyou very much but sadly I have been working on structural engineering side of projects and am not familiar with arcitectuial drafting. I can read and understand them but to come up with details for arcitectuial stuff is something that I am not comfortable doing. Again thanks for the consideration but I'm going to try and find something in another structural engineering office.

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GL - I hope things pickup for you, I really do. Keep on lookin somebody has go to be hiring out by you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread