found silver...

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
...and I didn't even go md'ing today...after being shorted AND skunked on halves (should've been an even $410.00, but was only $408.50), was dumping my clads @ the bank when I checked the reject tray, and lo and behold!! A '64d Roosie!! YAY!! Also got 2 copper pennies and a 98% copper '78 Canadian penny. ;D Usually, the tray is empty....I'm glad I always check it...(now if only I could have the luck of a guy on the East coast (on another forum) who found a large cent in the reject tray of a supermarket Coinstar machine....)

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't tell me. . . THAT silver Rosie was mixed in your clad???? (or the person before you at the coin-star :D)

Anyway. . . neat!!

OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
watercolor said:
Don't tell me. . . THAT silver Rosie was mixed in your clad???? (or the person before you at the coin-star :D)

Anyway. . . neat!!

WC- no, I checked the reject tray BEFORE dumping my halves into the machine. I also found a nickel on the floor near the machine too. And I have a friend who is saving two '64 Washington quarters for me... ;D

OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Oh yeah, and there's a guy on my coin roll hunting forum (not here) who found a large cent in a roll of halves a few days ago....Me, I was ECSTATIC with the 2 walkers I found a while back....

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I found a silver clasp today. A clasp. clasp
claaassssp
What a strange word.

Hey keep those eyes open!

Saw a bank envelope in the parking lot at the grocery store Friday afternoon. Kicked it and it was weighted at one end! Picked it up, much to the chagrin of my child who was with me and told me not to embarass her by picking through trash in public. 25 bucks inside! Showed it to her and she promptly said, "I'd have found it too but it was on your side of the car"

Kids, you can't beat 'em.. no wait, you can!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts said:
I found a silver clasp today. A clasp. clasp
claaassssp
What a strange word.
Hey keep those eyes open!
Saw a bank envelope in the parking lot at the grocery store Friday afternoon. Kicked it and it was weighted at one end! Picked it up, much to the chagrin of my child who was with me and told me not to embarass her by picking through trash in public. 25 bucks inside! Showed it to her and she promptly said, "I'd have found it too but it was on your side of the car"
Kids, you can't beat 'em.. no wait, you can!

I remember a saying I once heard. . . "The older you get, the smarter your PARENTS seem to be." :wink:
You're a parent. . . right? ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions