N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: happy fathers day to all the dad's

Some history about this Father's Day:
Many years ago, Sorona Smart Dodd was a young lady living in Spokane, Washington. Her mother had died in childbirth twelve years earler. Sorona, and her 5 brothers, were raised by her dad. One day in 1909, after attending a Mother's Day function she thought it would be nice to create a day to honor her (and other) father(s). The following year, 100 years ago today, that tradition began. Years later,by US presidential order, the 3rd Sunday in June was proclaimed to be officially celebrated as Father's Day.

Sidebar: Those living in Fairmont, West Virginia can contend the first Father's Day was in their town; celebrated in 1908 after a mine explosion killed 360 men; 210 of whom were fathers. Unfortunately, the West Virginia celebration never gained enough traction to prevail.
Don.......

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

Happy Father's Day to all, hope everyone can get out and barbeque or play catch or whatever.

I'll be celebrating this glorious day with my dad, exhibit A:

Attachments

• mr-t1.jpg
    mr-t1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 116

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Red here, I would like to wish all dad's, a very happy, safe and fun father's day, and to my wonderful husband, a special thanks, for being such an amazing and wonderful dad to my sons, you didn't have to do what you have, and we love and cherish you now and always, your the best stepdad!!!! :love7: :love7: :love6: :love5: :love3:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Hmm, Fathers Day 2010.

A regular three-ring circus for me it seems. Mark had his own two-ring circus going on and even Mayo got to throw in 2 cents....

Happy Father's Day all you Pops, Dads and Old Men out there diggin' it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread