Jesus is treasure I dont have to search for, for He has found me.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Jesus is treasure I don't have to search for, for He has found me.

Early this morning I headed out to an area that I had a feeling had been hunted hard previously. I was becoming frustrated because there seemed to be high EMI everywhere I went. Everytime an airplane was coming down its flight path, I had to turn the machine off because it was going absolutely bonkers. It was strange because that kind of thing never happened to me before. Also, each time I'd get a good signal, I'd get a harsh series of blips and bloops and snap crackle pops when I would wiggle the coil to isolate the signal. Plus, the detector would just randomly go ape$h!t on me from time to time. I put up with this for about two hours, until I realized that all of this was caused by a loose cable connection. Son of a! In spite of the difficulty, I somehow managed a '25 buffalo and a '42-P war nickel. After I fixed the problem, I decided to detect a little more on my way to the car and only dug a few DEEP clad coins. I ended up with about six dollars in clad, the two early nickels, seven wheaties, and a shade darker on my arms and legs.

Oh yeah, so I'm detecting and this guy walks up to me and hands me a little booklet. I knew right away he was witnessing, but at first I thought he was giving me one of those little books that basically says I'm going to Hell. Fortunately, it didn't. It was less doom and gloom, and the Jehovah's Witness who passed it to me told me that there is REAL treasure out there, treasure I don't have to dig for, treasure that is there for me 24/7. What clever wordplay. I seriously dig this guy's steelo. He doesn't just walk up to me and say the same ol' same ol', he actually customized the chat according to my hobby. He really knew how to hustle. He had me so impressed that I read the little booklet. Jesus is just all right with me!

Had a great day, but now it's time to celebrate Father's Day with my dad, B.A. Barracus.

Good day all,

Joe

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 200

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Re: Jesus is treasure I don't have to search for, for He has found me.

Nice digs Joe!

Is there any place where war nickels can hide from you?!?

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice nickels Joe!

It seems the only place I can find war nickels these days is in change from the local coffee shop :tongue3:

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad to hear you solved the problem Joe. After 2 hours of the added noise and a few goodies, you did well.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

One stinking war nickel in three years.... :(

Joe, how do you do it???!!! :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

You do it well!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1

WTG on the nickels Joe! Been a long time since I've found either....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread