Picture 177.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 158

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
nice job there clad! It's interesting to see that those (especially the Merc) are still out in the wild. How many boxes did you go through? I just found a local bank, which we still have an account at but don't use, has a change counter in their lobby. It'd make dumping easy and regular for me, even if I have to make a big dump. Maybe I should get some boxes of halves and dimes....

OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
p2c said:
nice job there clad! It's interesting to see that those (especially the Merc) are still out in the wild. How many boxes did you go through? I just found a local bank, which we still have an account at but don't use, has a change counter in their lobby. It'd make dumping easy and regular for me, even if I have to make a big dump. Maybe I should get some boxes of halves and dimes....

Jon- both of the silver dimes came out of the same sealed $250 Brinks box. The 40% silver proof half I found on Monday came from a sealed $500 NF String & Sons box, from the same bank branch that I got the boxes that had the walking liberty halves earlier this year. The really good finds are few and far between, but in the 2 years or so I've been crh'ing, among my better finds are: 1883 no cents liberty head "V" nickel in vg/ef condition; 2 walking liberty half dollars (1944 and 1941 I think); the '44D merc from this Tues.; the '68S 40% silver proof half from this past Monday; a handful of proof nickels, as well as a handful of indian head (buffalo) nickels. Also, numerous wheat cents (oldest 1910; includes 1 steel wheat cent), war nickels, silver Roosevelt dimes, and 40% and 90% silver JFK halves. What I'm still searching for are Franklin halves, any Barber coins, and indian head cents (haven't found any of these crh'ing yet). I know these will be tough finds, but they ARE out there. The key is simply quantity/volume; that is, try to search as many boxes as you can as often as you can.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nice CRH finds. A girl from my old job who still runs the register there got a '45 merc in change recently. It's still there waiting for me to pick it up...

Joe

OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Gimmie The Loot said:
Hey Clad - what is CRHing? Sounds crazy but fun!

Jason- that stands for coin roll hunting. Buy a box of coins, look through 'em for silver/valuable ones, then return the unwanted ones to a bank. Just make sure you don't return the unwanted ones to the bank you purchased them from. You will need at least 2 banks; a supply (pick up/source) bank, and a return (dump) bank. Try to make sure your dump bank doesn't use the same armored car service as your source bank, otherwise you could be getting back some of your own dumped coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread