Hot weather tips

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Get a decent office chair from the 1950's with good arm rests and stay in your basement with the AC set to 46 degrees.

This week has been great at work. We keep the dock doors wide open hoping for that late-night t-storm to blow through but all we get is the humidity, and it's 10 degrees hotter every 7 or 8 feet up in the place. When you're at the top of the racks it's a cool 120 or so.

Hey! Our warehouse is situated among scenic ans serene old swamp land and the skeeters love those dock doors being open.

One of the fellas forgot to tether up and took a dive last night during a mosquito swatting session about 10 feet up, got a good bash on his lower back and had to go get x-rayed and doped up but he seems alright now. Must be the dope.....

Stay cool!

chiil

Greenie
Jul 31, 2010
Denver
Detector(s) used
DFX 300 w/ Sun Ray Probe, TDI SL SE
Wow, hope he's OK. I'm sure he'll feel the effects of that fall today.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't work at my place do you?

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
'Batts- you should see the skeeters @ the airport. Our situation is similar to yours. We keep the hangar doors open all night, and the tower had to call OT to bring in an extra guy due to all the skeeters... :laughing7: YOU try changing a 737 hydraulic filter while sweating your a$$ off in the wheel well, getting hydraulic fluid all over you, and swatting skeeters....must've been my lucky night on Tues., as I only got 1 bite, but killed at least 6 or 7 of the buggers trying to bite me....luckily, our stock room and computer areas, as well as the front part of the hangar (lunch room) have ac. The city "claims" they will be "spraying", but we all know how THAT goes, now don't we....Oh, and one more thing....the company gave us a stock number for insect repellent we're supposed to have in stock....and SURPRISE!!! we don't have it.....gaaaahhh!!! Winter time is WHEN????? :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread