3/1/12 A Walker went to the BBQ (Video included)

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Hi all, Haven't been on tnet for a little while. Last week I had 1 hunt where I got 20 deer tick crawling on me. Fortunately none bit. Pulled most off my pants in the woods and two more in the car, but I decided that I did not want to have night mares and worry with every head scratch, so I completely shaved my head/beard and am sporting a new look.

Took that new look into the woods today, not the tick site, but the site I pulled the 1899s dime a few weeks ago. I managed a 5 wheat, (19, 29, 39, 41x2); my second walking liberty half on the year ('41) and my second Barber Quarter on the year ('07). All in all a nice day, particularly with no ticks!

[youtube=425,350]vo-QgA7ZPpQ[/youtube]

IMG_2854.jpg
IMG_2855.jpg

Happy hunting all and keep safe downstate tonight!

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the well wishes Jon....looks like were in for another round of strong storm down this way today....I am fascinated by weather yet it scares the heck out me sometimes, I figure thats a good thing :thumbsup:

Anyhow that is one fantastic hunt you had yourself....And I for one would like to know where the head shaved pic is... :laughing7:

Scott

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yeah I'd shave the scalp but someone would mistake my gourd for a basketball and a game would break out in the middle of the woods...

Awesome finds!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Digs...

Dig you donate the hair for cancer patients ?

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt. 2 halves for the year already is pretty amazing. Congrats

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome finds Jon :icon_thumright: I've gotten deer ticks every month this year and every itch I have I think there 's one crawling on me,lol!

M

MR Senior L4S

Com on , I have only 1 --1/2 last year ( 6 B4 ) , BIG cong. !!! :thumbsup:

needle n haystack

Dec 20, 2009
Northern, IL
Detector(s) used
Etrac / ctx 30/30
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a awesome year your having and it's not even spring yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. What makes one woods have more ticks then another is the deer population????

OP
OP
p2c

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
needle n haystack said:
What a awesome year your having and it's not even spring yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. What makes one woods have more ticks then another is the deer population????

I think it's from careless hunters dumping deer carcasses from another state in one of the woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread