SKUNKED
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Thread: SKUNKED

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2008
    Chicago IL
    Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
    91 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

SKUNKED

Few hours hunt netted a wopping 11 cents clad (1 dime + 1 mem) down at 6" and a pistol slug and a million beer/pulltabs. Old coins are out there, but just out of my reach...

One of my last targets, I dug the plug and I saw what looked to be a silver rim slightly poking out of the side, but when I got it out it was another deep beer cap.
    Come check out my MD'ing videos:
    http://youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend

us
    May 2008
    Louisiana
    Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
    Metal Detecting

Re: SKUNKED

Don't give up.. Its out there... 8)
    if your not diggin your not findin

ACE

us
    Jul 2003
    Elgin
    Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
    62 times

Yeah, you got skunked, but you got out! Got two shoe buckles (I think) yesterday, old style, matching, about 100 yards apart. A couple more watch faces, NO coinage.

Had several of Elgin's finest roll up to see, also! But they had more pressing business at the crack house across the street from where I was hunting. Fellas running out this way and that, all before 7:00 a.m. It was like, detecting and a show...

Mar 2008
    Chicago IL
    Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
    91 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

LOL, you gotta love the crackheads...
    Come check out my MD'ing videos:
    http://youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend

Sep 2003
    All over!!!
    Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by TreasureFiend
    Few hours hunt netted a wopping 11 cents clad (1 dime + 1 mem) down at 6" and a pistol slug and a million beer/pulltabs. Old coins are out there, but just out of my reach...

One of my last targets, I dug the plug and I saw what looked to be a silver rim slightly poking out of the side, but when I got it out it was another deep beer cap.
    Hey TF,

it was some tuff hunting yesterday! those darn mosquito's and flies didn't make it any easier that last dig you did was pretty exciting specially when that silver rim showed up from deep in the dirt. too bad it was a beer cap but it was a nice rush, I really thought it was going to be like a silver half or quarter . We'll get them next time!

it
    Nov 2007
    Chicago
    White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
    3 times

You know, there are days during the late winter, where I've been confined to the indoors for months, unable to detect, where the thought of digging just a bottlecap makes me feel happy and warm...

I hate those days.
    "Go deep or go home" - LAdigger

Sponsored Links