roll call

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
hey Hank, I just live down the road about 10 miles, Maybe we can get together and do some dirt diggin.
let me know.

sniffer

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another one from Dodge City.

I've been swing the loop for 30 years

windrun

Oct 30, 2007
Eudora, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
Outside of Eudora, about six miles to Lawrence, Home of the Kansas Unversity Jayhawk football and basketball team.

kansastide

Dec 28, 2007
Just south of Emporia. Started in 1991, but haven't used my detector much in the last 6 years. Looking to get out and get going again.

ks_hunter

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita, KS Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Tesoro Tejon & 2 Banditos, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the Wichita area also.. I use to MD for the Museum of World Treasures a couple times. I have MD'd and hunted arrowheads in the Caldwell area and dug an Imperial Mammoth in Wellington a couple years ago.. It was not a very succsessful outing (bull dozer found it first) :( but it wasn't a complete failure. I normally artifact hunt and MD the NE part of KS, but do hunt in the Wichita area when I am bored and feel brave and my partners with me.

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
We need to get a hunt together for just us ks. guy's!Meet in a central location pick some spot's and hunt the hell out of em...Something to think about.......rh

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to find a spot we could camp out over a weekend and do nothing but detect and camp.

ks_hunter

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita, KS Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Tesoro Tejon & 2 Banditos, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A weekend camping trip to an old Kansas ghost town would be a hoot. That's where Gazetteer's come in handy. If in NE Kansas, I am familiar with Irving, Barret, Bigelow, Cleburne areas.

Skylar

Mar 22, 2008
My name is Skylar, and I am also in Wichita. I would love to meet up with any of you other Wichitans some time. I am also purchasing my first MD, please give me your opinion:
1. Fisher F2
2. Acer 250
3. This one, which I am totally baffled by:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...et&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=its=S%2BI%2BSS

New Sealed Hunter Metal Detector 2008 Model With Accessories

Purpose: This professional metal detector compares to the Famous Trails MD9100

Included:
- New sealed 2008 Pro Hunter Metal Detector V4040
- FREE: Headset ($29.99 value)
- FREE: Two 9v Batteries ($4.99 value)
- FREE: Scoop ($14.99 value)
- FREE: Carrying Bag ($19.99 value)

Features:
- NEW 2008 Expert Metal Detector
- Three modes: All Metal; Discrimination; Notching
- Lightweight and easy to use!
- Programmable sensitivity adjustment up to 6" for a US Quarter!
- Auto ground balancing
- Touch-pad control panel
- Target image indication with large LCD
- LCD can display the depth of the target, the sensitivity, disc/notch, metal type
- Telescopic handle new comfort design
- Professional treasure hunting detector

Specifications:
- Z-200 18-bit digital signal processing chip
- 1/8 inch headphone jack
- Can detect up to 6" deep
- Uses 2-9V batteries
- Waterproof 8" coil
- 3 audible tones for different metals
- Auto low battery indication

============================================

Thanks in advance!

~Skylar
[email protected]

Attachments

• md10_main1.jpg
    md10_main1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 870

eric in ks

Oct 29, 2005
middle america
Skylar, Have you looked at the Cibola? After three years of detecting, I bought a Vaquero and I really like it. Turn it on, ground balance, and go. If you don't need a screen to look at, Tesoro has a lot to offer. The Cibola is in the same price range as the Ace and IMHO, much more of a detector. Eric

mercuryman

Apr 30, 2003
Lexington, NE
That dont look anything like my Bounty Hunters. Looks like a very cheap md, but maybe it works well. I knew a guy that had lots of good luck with a 40 buck machine. He hunted circles around me because he knew how to use it. Merc

Kansasippi

Nov 26, 2006
Delphos
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV,ML 18000,Tesoro Inca,Black Widows
I have been detecting since '84, mostly around Atlanta Ga. I moved here to Kansas 2 1/2 yrs ago and am north of Salina about 30 mi in a little town called Delphos.

There sure are some pretty neat places to hunt around Kansas and I am slowly getting around to checking them all out....Grin!

A getogether hunt would be pretty cool, are there any organized hunts put on by clubs that any of you go to? I kind would like to go to at least one of those each year, always a good time to see new products and get a few freebies, find some cool stuff and meet ppl.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
there is going to be a hunt in october, in Caldwell, ks to coincide with the trail drive.
Burdie is the force behind that hunt.
I mostly hunt around Wichita and south of there to Belle Plaine

Sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
just to let you all know. There will be a treasure hunt starting Oct. 10th in Caldwell, Ks.
If you read any of the posts from the previous CTH or the LBH you'll know we have a good time
and you are all invited. check out the thread under, TNET member hunts

Sniffer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions