Hunting in KC

Has anyone ever detected in the Kansas City area?

• KC area?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Military Trail?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yeti

Mar 22, 2005
Missouri/ Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE/ Explorer XS/ White's Eagle II sl
Are you wanting the Kansas side or the Missouri side of KC? Are you looking for relic's? Civil war camps? Camps where the wagon trains stop for the night or to refill their water tanks? Coin shooting? Indian camps?

Need more info to help you.

OP
OP
T

TreasureNutt

Mar 29, 2007
I live on the kansas side of KC. Im lookin to hunt for just about anything, I am excited about joining this hobby.

schlooppy

Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City, Mo.
Hey treasurenutt,

I live in Lee's Summit and have hunted all around the KC area. I have been trying to locate some areas to civil war hunt. Drop me a line maybe we can find some areas to hunt

John

Yeti

Mar 22, 2005
Missouri/ Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE/ Explorer XS/ White's Eagle II sl
I'm not going to tell you where it is at but I will give you some hints for you to research.

1. Civil war camp is in Olathe. It in a city park and there is a big water well by. Yes, the city will let you detect in their parks.

2. Ask the farmers to hunt their plowed grounds west of Leavenworth. Most of them will let you if there is no crops.

3. On old home sites. Look at plowed fields for a little raise in the field with stones. That should be the fountain stones. There should be no other stones else where in the field.

4. Indian sites and other . Look along the Missouri river. There was over 100 indian tribes that lived there. There was also a lot of that people used the rivers. Here is an article for you to read. http://www.mdc.mo.gov/conmag/2006/07/40.htm

schlooppy

Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City, Mo.
Hey Catch that was a pretty good article. On occasion I go search the sand bars in the Mo. river, know a couple spots that gives up old crocks every once in a while. Are you in the K.C. area?

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions