KGC..It is intriguing!

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Old Dog said:
Tom,

I think it boils down to getting some 'feet on the ground' time.
As far as wasted time is concerned ...
Someone I respect very highly told me once
"If the time was enjoyed doing what you were persuing,
It wasn't really wasted now was it?"

That was after a remark regarding a Spanish trail I was following.

Just a matter of perception.

LOL
Thom
OD

Old Dog,

Sounds like fair advice.
One man's trash is another man's treasure...right ;)
Thanks for the comment.

From what I have gathered so far...I believe I will stick to what I was doing, before I started looking into the KGC. When I run out of projects to work on....then I might look into the KGC again.
Take care my friend,

Timberwolf

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
beale,

Adams Express did not operate in the South during the Civil War....at least not under that name. Any documents that show the Adams Express Company letterhead, that originate anywhere in the South during the Civil War, are (likely) not authentic.

I have done a lot of research into Wells Fargo, especially in Arizona and one of the companies that created some side research was Adams Express, which of course led to Southern Express. Interesting bit of history there, with Adams being the mother company of Southern.

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
beale,

Some people want to know the facts, some don't. I could be wrong about documents from Adams Express, so if that is any part of your source, you might want to look a little deeper.

Don't really know much about the KGC, but there seems to be some doubt out there as to the legends that have surfaced around it.

Let me know what you find out about Adams Express.

Take care,

Joe

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
matthewh05 said:
go to your local book store and buy the book called "shadow of the sentinel" by bob brewer aka hillbilly that has good info on the kgc

Matthew,

I have this book and his first book, thanks.
If there is KGC treasure out there...neither of these books will lead you to it.
Good luck to you,

TW

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timberwolf said:
matthewh05 said:
go to your local book store and buy the book called "shadow of the sentinel" by bob brewer aka hillbilly that has good info on the kgc

Matthew,

I have this book and his first book, thanks.
If there is KGC treasure out there...neither of these books will lead you to it.
Good luck to you,

TW

What these books WILL do is give you very good examples of the methods used to code and mark trails and sites. Doesn't it make some sense that some form of standardization was used? One thing I found very interesting was the way members flashed their signs and symbols in their photos. The examples Brewer showed in his book have me looking at every "old" photo I come across in my genealogy searches. Back then most people didn't have their picture taken more than a couple of times in their lives. Photos were unique entertainment.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
You have to remember that there were,"as there are today" a number of "secret" groups and each had their own signs. I wouldn't assume that everytime I see someone doing something in an old picture that they are KGC. I also wouldn't take everything I read in a book as gospil truth either. The best bet is to do research for yourself and see what comes to light.

T hunter 24

Greenie
May 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I am new here and to treasure hunting. I have just started to look into a few different things and the KGC is one of them. I am curious how you come across these trees? Are you just lucky and walk up on them in the woods or is there some kini. d of reference for areas the KGC stayed?

I live in south west tn between Jackson, TN and Corinth, MS how would I find out if the KGC were in this area and how would I have any idea of a place to begin a search?

Thanks,
Julie

I have the info you need I have the markings on the trees its kgc
T hunter 24

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the info you need I have the markings on the trees its kgc
T hunter 24
And I have another one T hunter 24. Kinda raises the hackles when stupid spouts off doesn't it?
Have a great weekend -- oppssss, I forgot!!!! There is no proof of weekends is there??? so solly, so velly solly.
elh

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
This KGC thing is bothering to me. What I mean to say is, I believe alot of it, but not all of it, at least not yet. As a researcher and active investigator-prospector, I have yet to find any concrete proof that has Historical Fact (new stuff is constantly being found) that Directly Links the James Boys to this Organization....Now, with that said, it is "INTRIGUING" (to me at least), that the James Boys (Jesse & Frank) are so well connected with the American Banking Organization thru and related to "THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILIES"........I don't have the Link Address in front of me, but if you search for it, it's called the "JAMES ANCESTRY" site, ran by a Decendant, a Mr. Eric James.....This is a wide big site for Geneologists, History Buffs, Researchers and so on...Certainly many people on this Forum may be related to the James's and this would be a good place to find that out...Getting back to this Banking Connection, I am becoming more and more interested into what particular type of Banks, Coaches and Robberies the Boys pulled off, as in what type of Political Structure were they of or serving....Case in point, their Uncle, that apparently was somewhat close to the Boys," DRURY WOODSON JAMES", was a POWERHOUSE COMMUNITY LEADER AND BANKER, here, where I live, in Paso Robles, (El Paso de Robles) (PASS OF THE OAKS) and Founded this Town...And Jesse and Frank visited here with him for a year, 1868-1869, or about a year.........The LAW would not Touch Either of Them....DW JAMES made sure of that.......If you do research into this area of the Boys and WHO they are connected to, well it's mind boggling....Just though I'd throw my 2 cents in......Darrell

Logan Enyart

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Springfield,

I probably didn't word my post correctly. You don't know me, so I understand your comments, and I take no offense to them. I converse with people here on TN that are on both sides of the KGC issue. I respect them regardless of which side they take, and would not intentionally say something to offend.

As to your question "Why would anyone in their right mind....share with me a stranger?", I don't know the answer to that, but some have. What they have shared with me, stays with me, and will never be posted here for others to see.

I have heard great stories about "National Treasure" type KGC treasures, but in the research that I have done, it has not led me to that conclusion. I accept the fact that my research may be incomplete, because I know that I make mistakes and overlook things. But if someone else's research proves that the KGC treasures are there and are being found, then I would like to know.

I don't want to know about your treasure sites or anyone else's. I would just like someone to be gracious enough to share with me any information about the KGC and their treasure, that did NOT come from "Jesse James was One of His Names", "Jesse James Rides Again", Bob Brewer's Books, or Roush's book. I have them all, and none of them will lead you to a KGC site or even a carved tree or rock!

Sincerely,
Timberwolf

Start here there is plenty to keep you busy. The Ones That Got Away: Knights of the Golden Circle Exposed (Knights of the Golden Circle Unearthed) (Volume 1): L. C. Baker: 9781499593693: Amazon.com: Books

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have to give a shout out to L. C. On his book. I think in my opinion that he crosses some tee's and dots some i's. Makes some vital connections. Nebraska City was just close enough but yet far enough away that it was the northern hub for a lot of KGC activities. With men like Morton, Enyert, and others it is a compelling argument. One must study the early history of Nebraska City to discover some of the KGC activities and reason that it was there.

There are three places that I know the history of very , very well my home town of Humboldt, Iowa. The history of Marshall, Texas and Nebraska City, Nebraska I know the last two well because they were important places of the KGC right before and right after the War of Northern Aggression. ( There is a hint there ).

Senior Deacon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread