KGC..It is intriguing!

Oct 6, 2005
Hi All,

I am new here and to treasure hunting. I have just started to look into a few different things and the KGC is one of them. I am curious how you come across these trees? Are you just lucky and walk up on them in the woods or is there some kind of reference for areas the KGC stayed?

I live in south west tn between Jackson, TN and Corinth, MS how would I find out if the KGC were in this area and how would I have any idea of a place to begin a search?

Thanks,
Julie

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
they might have been in your areas, they were in tennessee for sure around nashville, their headquarters at one time was there, but i would suggest if you are new to treasure hunting to start on another subject first as this subject is undoubtedly one of the toughest ones in the hobby to get any info on, and requires more than many hours in old records ,books, and told stories before you will find out much.......you can start by looking for floyds website on the kgc , and also online book called ''jesse james was one of his names'', ........have fun...gldhntr

T

trouble1332

hi i'm a new guy on this site. but i recently found out that one of my ancestors was a very well known Confederate in MO. i've always been interested in the Civil War, but i found a book called Rebel Gold by Warren Getler and Bob Brewer. It's only about the KGC and Bob's quest to find his grandpas secret. It gives locations, maps, and pictures and mathematical equations on how he came about finding these caches. It also mentioned Jesse James was one of his names and the lost dutchmans mine. According to the book, all three are related. Just thought I'd give you some more reading material to see if it fits your fancy.

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
This KGC thing is bothering to me. What I mean to say is, I believe alot of it, but not all of it, at least not yet. As a researcher and active investigator-prospector, I have yet to find any concrete proof that has Historical Fact (new stuff is constantly being found) that Directly Links the James Boys to this Organization....Now, with that said, it is "INTRIGUING" (to me at least), that the James Boys (Jesse & Frank) are so well connected with the American Banking Organization thru and related to "THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILIES"........I don't have the Link Address in front of me, but if you search for it, it's called the "JAMES ANCESTRY" site, ran by a Decendant, a Mr. Eric James.....This is a wide big site for Geneologists, History Buffs, Researchers and so on...Certainly many people on this Forum may be related to the James's and this would be a good place to find that out...Getting back to this Banking Connection, I am becoming more and more interested into what particular type of Banks, Coaches and Robberies the Boys pulled off, as in what type of Political Structure were they of or serving....Case in point, their Uncle, that apparently was somewhat close to the Boys," DRURY WOODSON JAMES", was a POWERHOUSE COMMUNITY LEADER AND BANKER, here, where I live, in Paso Robles, (El Paso de Robles) (PASS OF THE OAKS) and Founded this Town...And Jesse and Frank visited here with him for a year, 1868-1869, or about a year.........The LAW would not Touch Either of Them....DW JAMES made sure of that.......If you do research into this area of the Boys and WHO they are connected to, well it's mind boggling....Just though I'd throw my 2 cents in......Darrell

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Well, umm, certainly some things you say could very well be true. I'm like sitting on the fence observing both sides. I rely on my powers of observation alot! I am always reminded of the past events of History that I personally have lived through in my life. You know, that it wasn't until Jackie Onasses (JFK's Wife) had passed on, that the world was intrigued by the Womanizing Events of JFK or President Kennedy and his Brother Bobby....Both of whom at one time were my Heroes....Many years ago, I was part of a Unique Group of Vets in Nam.....That has NEVER BEEN EXPOSED in ANY HISTORY BOOK, TV CHANNEL, TV MOVIE, MOVIE or ANY WHERE ELSE...It's ALL CLASSIFIED, that is for how long, I don't know.....So, I'm sitting on this fence (maybe for a long time), but I know that as Time progresses, and more and more information is put forward (either "for" or "against", "pro" or "con") con as in contrary to the fact, I am keeping a "open-mind" on this subject and am not available to sway from one side or the other until such a time comes for me to end my search......Truly, people that spend most of their lives outdoors, in the Mtns. and Deserts Observe More than the one's that only spend their weekends or vacations at it. Everyone has their own perspective, sometimes these perspectives are from the way the person was raised in their own particular environment and as they go through their journey of life, they accustom themselves with their raised beliefs.........and That's Tunnel Vision.....I ain't got that, don't want that, ain't got no use for it......Darrell

JT

Mar 14, 2005
Johns Island, South Carolina
Darrell, what did you do in Vietnam that would be classified now? I know some Special Ops guys that did things that at the time were classified....like being across borders that we weren't supposed to be across. That kind of stuff isn't classified now...it's old news. I don't think the "Men in Black" are going to tote you away or assassinate you with a poison dart firing umbrella if you told.
Crossing borders? Old news. CIA officers dealing with guns and drugs? Old news. It's been 30 or 40 years...there aren't a lot of secrets left, if any.

I'm kind of like you. I'm open minded....give me the evidence, and I'll believe it. Evidence, though, doesn't mean video of a man in a gorilla suit that you can see the zipper on, or fuzzy, out of focus pictures.

I spend a good bit of time in the outdoors, and it gives you a different perspective than someone who sits behind a desk in Los Angeles 7 days a week. The contrast of that, is the "essential hermit" that spends so much time out in the desert that they go bonkers. The guy that's always "just about to hit the big one", but spends his life looking for an illusion, and dies lonely and broke. The guy that's always looking over his shoulder, because he's convinced the "gubmint" is following him, and only him.

I can't remember when Jackie O died, but it seems like forever that I've heard about JFK and Bobby K and their "dalliances".

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Re: KGC..It is intriguing!......

Well, There is still lot's of Cloak and Dagger out there......You'd be amazed........Other than that, You described me perfectly!!! Except for the fact, that I've already FOUND My Objective....It was lot's of fun, took me just over 30 years....PATIENCE is a Virtue...Now I'm going on to something else.....NO, never got rich, never got anything (financially), didn't want it...But I did write the Best "D___" History Book...It's Copyrighted by the Library of Congrees and it's Presence Resides in the Library of Congress, Washington D.C....Soooo, what's it about? Well, in general it's about Ancient Lost Cities, Spanish Conquistadore's, Petroglyphs, Pictographs, Geo-Glyphs, The MAJOR EMERGENT SITE of the "ZUNI" Pueblans and a whole lot of other Meso-American Clan Societies, including the "AZTECS" when they were the "Nautals", to name a few, but there is lot's of others....It's packed with lot's of DOCUMENTATION, sometimes from the Government, Major Universities, Scholars, Lawyers, Senators, Whole Book Lists of the Major Literary Prose, Authors and Articles, Profusely Illustrated with over 120 COLOR Photographs, Illustrations from Major Archaeological Reports and Articles and MORE........And My Personal Belief that, for good reason, that all of this and more, was and is the "Motive" force that ended "Frank Fish's" Life........I went into supreme debt to write this Book and I self-published it on my own, but not with any Publisher, it was my own invention of my Manuscript, approximately sent out 350 of them to various Publishers, none of which I preferred, later.....And about 300 of them to Family and Friends....The 1st 150 of those were all Color Photo's, the Last Batch, well I think I only had 15 to 20 Colorized Photo's, ran the rest in black and white. Some members on this paritcular forum , have them as well as on the Treasures of Utah Forum....I'm kind of "iffy" about making anymore up right now, I thought that I had a Publisher a couple of months ago, but that turned sour....And before I really started to write the Book, I got hooked up with some very bad people, which ofcourse I've got the "Contract" with them for the Book, but that was a "roose", to get me to reveal certain things........Anyhow, I was surprised when I read Your Post.......If anyone would like to review my Book, well, your going have to take a trip to Washington or Contact some Members here...People that are Real Bonafied Publishers, well, that would be nice....LIBRARY OF CONGRESS # TXu992-312..........."THE RETURN OF THE GIANT SERPENT"..........

F

Fortuna

It seems as if the majority of people who actually believe in this KGC myth also believe in Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Aliens and Leprechauns. I hope you see where I?m going with this.
So......what are you trying to say? That there AREN'T any Bigfoots (FEET?),
Loch Ness Monster or aliens? (Not sure about the Leprechauns ;))
I Believe. What proof is there that these things/beings do not exist?
I'm new BTW ;D

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
SWR (Jim),

I would agree with your take on the KGC and although I would assume you were talking tongue in cheek by mentioning the Lock Ness Monster and Bigfoot, I would have to say there is a much better chance of finding a Bigfoot than there is of finding a KGC "depository", especially if someone is using the information put out by Bob Brewer and Warrren Getler to try to find a cache.

As to working a trail to an empty hole, happens all of the time. I've had the misfortune (or fortune depending on how you look at it) of working a few trails to empty holes myself. They weren't KGC holes but holes none the less. I would agree that the KGC advocates always seem to have an excuse of why they can't locate these massive treasures. It seems those cowboys were just too damn smart for everybody to find any of their caches. You would think that it might eventually dawn on some of them that the caches just don't exist.

There is no corroborating evidence concerning massive amounts of gold put down by this group nor is there any corroborating evidence that Jesse or Frank James were members of any group, much less the KGC. You are correct is saying that the only ones making any money from the KGC are the book writers. The sad part is some of these people actually believe what they say.

RedneckRookie

Greenie
Feb 4, 2006
Tennessee
Once again SWR has put in his 1/2 cent, and is again doubting everything....
I've got an idea let him stay out of the forums to save space for the people who Know what their talking about

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
SWR said:
Therefore, the burden of proof falls on you to provide proof that they do exist.

This is what I don't understand. Nobody has to prove anything to you. It is up to you to do your own research. If you don't believe the KGC ever existed, then fine, nobody cares. I think the burden is on you to prove they didn't exist.

I happen to believe you though. I think hunters and children scratched all those carvings out there ;) The KGC is just a myth...
boattow

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yo! ;D Rebel here: VERY interesting "thread"... asking for proof, evidence, etc.; in terms of "written documentation"? In terms of found "depostitories"? TEXAS was the HOTBED of KGC activity... 32 Castles, and an attempted invasion of Mexico prior to the Civil War. University of Texas - Austin has LOTS of "written documentation" (see University of Texas On-line); the "depositories" were probably found in Texas and utilized for oil companies/production, etc., dunno. ??? ;)

BigRon

May 22, 2007
Richmond Texas
Detector(s) used
, BH Lone Star, BH Pinpointer, Homebuilt BFO, Index finger
I doubt the KGC treasure stories because the Confederate government has little gold to begin with. At the end of the war the treasury was said to amount to $600,000, and this along with $200,000 from Richmond banks was evacuated with the Davis government. This legend has it that the money was hidden with a Mumford family of Brantley Co, Ga,. From here it is said to have been smuggled to England, deposited in banks and used to aid in the reconstruction of the devasted south.

It should also be noted that the Confederacy minted verry little coinage during its existance,relying on printed currency even for fractions of the dollar.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yo! ;D 8) SWR, U said beale is providing MISINFORMATION from OR (Offical Records); please PROVE to us that you have ACCURATE information about KGC/CSA involvement that is NOT "horses..."; MAYBE you mean DISINFORMATION (IYHO), which is outright lies... prove that, too. OR... maybe yer just on a fishing expedition... ???

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Well, here I am again....posting on a KGC thread.

Greetings SWR. It has been a while since we have talked.

I have been doing my own research, but so far I have uncovered very little information. I have heard stories of KGC treasure being found...even a depository is said to have been recovered recently in Arizona.

My problem is the same as it was a few months ago, when I first posted in the KGC forum.
Has anyone found any KGC treasure?
And will you show me a pic or something, so that I can feel comfortable knowing that it is true/real? I had no takers on my offer.

I would like to ask one more time....
If you have found KGC treasure, could you please PM me, or better yet, email me. I would really like to know if it is out there to be found.

I'm 50 years old and I don't have the time to waste, chasing something that isn't there.
So even though you don't know me, could you please throw this old man a bone?

Sincerely,

Tom

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Timberwolf said:
My problem is the same as it was a few months ago, when I first posted in the KGC forum.
Has anyone found any KGC treasure?
And will you show me a pic or something, so that I can feel comfortable knowing that it is true/real? I had no takers on my offer.

I would like to ask one more time....
If you have found KGC treasure, could you please PM me, or better yet, email me. I would really like to know if it is out there to be found.

I'm 50 years old and I don't have the time to waste, chasing something that isn't there.
So even though you don't know me, could you please throw this old man a bone?

Sincerely,

Tom

Amazing. Why would anyone in their right mind, if they were fortunate to locate a valuable cache, KGC or otherwise, send the information to you, a total stranger? I believe you can safely assume that it is not going to happen. As far as the KGC, their alleged caches, or any other lost mines/hidden treasures are concerned, if you don't have the time to chase them then you certainly won't catch them (if they exist).

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Springfield said:
Amazing. Why would anyone in their right mind, if they were fortunate to locate a valuable cache, KGC or otherwise, send the information to you, a total stranger? I believe you can safely assume that it is not going to happen. As far as the KGC, their alleged caches, or any other lost mines/hidden treasures are concerned, if you don't have the time to chase them then you certainly won't catch them (if they exist).

Springfield,

I probably didn't word my post correctly. You don't know me, so I understand your comments, and I take no offense to them. I converse with people here on TN that are on both sides of the KGC issue. I respect them regardless of which side they take, and would not intentionally say something to offend.

As to your question "Why would anyone in their right mind....share with me a stranger?", I don't know the answer to that, but some have. What they have shared with me, stays with me, and will never be posted here for others to see.

I have heard great stories about "National Treasure" type KGC treasures, but in the research that I have done, it has not led me to that conclusion. I accept the fact that my research may be incomplete, because I know that I make mistakes and overlook things. But if someone else's research proves that the KGC treasures are there and are being found, then I would like to know.

I don't want to know about your treasure sites or anyone else's. I would just like someone to be gracious enough to share with me any information about the KGC and their treasure, that did NOT come from "Jesse James was One of His Names", "Jesse James Rides Again", Bob Brewer's Books, or Roush's book. I have them all, and none of them will lead you to a KGC site or even a carved tree or rock!

Sincerely,
Timberwolf

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Tom,

I think it boils down to getting some 'feet on the ground' time.
As far as wasted time is concerned ...
Someone I respect very highly told me once
"If the time was enjoyed doing what you were persuing,
It wasn't really wasted now was it?"

That was after a remark regarding a Spanish trail I was following.

Just a matter of perception.

LOL
Thom
OD

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
go to your local book store and buy the book called "shadow of the sentinel" by bob brewer aka hillbilly that has good info on the kgc

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
beale,

I assume you are not saying that the Adams Express Company had anything to do with the KGC, in the South, during the Civil War years.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread