Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

May 2003
    USA
    4 times

Re: KGC clues found with John Murrell, put on your thinking caps!!!!!

BTW, I don't believe the "J" to be a reverse symbol in this case...
    Good luck,
    Boattow

Oct 2006
    Mansfield La.
    bounty hunter

Thanks Boattow. Did you see the combination letter yj in the word benoyd? Also did you notice Murrels name was larger in the middle than the ends? Does the broken heart above the 19 indicate Danger? I must have missed the snake I will send it to you and if you don't mind please post it too. The date 1720 has got to mean something besides a date. I don't believe the tree to be 300 years old. If you Know what the ML is please tell me. Still I appreciate the help you have given me. Roger
    All the best

Oct 2006
    Mansfield La.
    bounty hunter

One more thing. The funny symbol under Murrells name. The closest thing I can find is the Greek letter Phi. Is has to do with a math formula that is called get this the Golden mean. Any other Ideas?
    All the best

Jan 2005
    1 times

Yo! Rebel here: THANK for posting "pics"; they DO look KGC; we have 'em on beech trees, here in Va.; AFTER the Civil War, MOST symbols were put on rocks, boulders, etc.; "turkey foots", turtles... etc.; here is a GREAT site to learn from: http://www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com have fun! HH

Jan 2005
    1 times

Yo! me, again: THIS may be a "helpful" web-site: http://www.knightsofthegoldencircle-kgc.com/signs.htm HH

Oct 2006
    Mansfield La.
    bounty hunter

Sorry Guys I just got back from Wally world and they goofed up my film. I guess that gives me a good reason to go back and take more pictures. I was really wanting some help with what I think are maps disguised as a snake and word.
    All the best

cdhtexas

Please forgive my ignorance of the proper protocol but I would not spend one minute looking for John Murrell's treasure unless we are talking about the guy who makes the really good bacon and smoked sausages. Magnsdad, the area you are in is very ripe with treasure. I would, if i were you, concentrate on the West-Kimbrell gang's many, many treasures in and around Montgomery, La.

West and Kimbrell both road with the James under Quantrill during the Civil War. After the war they established the largest criminal network known, at that time. It stretched from Natchez Miss. to Nacogdoches, Tex.

There are three lost mines (silver and lead) in your area. There were four but one was found about 30 years ago. (It was a gold producing mine and to the best of my knowledge still produces twenty or more oz. a year.)

Most people know the area between the Sabine and Los Adaes Mission as the Neutral Strip not zone. The Adams-Onis Treaty did not satify the issue only the border. (See Athanase de Mezieres' work on the Border of Louisiana and Texas. It is filled with treasure leads.) My family settled in that area in 1799 and it was the area that I research for my Master's in History at USL along with Barney Rubble and Fred Flinstone. Yes, Betty Rubble was a cheerleader at USL at that time.)

There are too many treasures and books related to the life in the Neutral Strip to recall them all. All my research was lost in a hurricane in 1988 while I was living in Cankton, La.

About the treasure of the N.O. Mint, it may be real and it may not, but the West-Kimbrell gang did hijack the Union army payroll not far from your location. This is a very informative booklet written by a former newspaper editor from Montgomery and can be found in most libraries of the area. Look under subject heading of West-Kimbrell. A copy or two exist at Northwestern and ULL (former USL in Lafayette.)

I've hunted treasure in La. since 1966 and all I can say is that it is there. Do your research, double check your sources and if you find the big one bury some metal trash, i.e. cans plus a modern nickel or dime, to let the next man or woman know that you beat them to it. Beau champs. Cyrus.

Oct 2006
    Mansfield La.
    bounty hunter

Thanks for the insight. Finding the reading material you have suggested is as hard as finding the treasures itself. The idea that there may be a lost mine here has me intrigued. There are 5 to 10 galvanized washtubs on the side of the hill plus several buckets and pottery. I first thought someone was dumping trash there but it is just washtubs and that has me puzzled. When I went hunting Sunday I found a padlock under a rock that was buried about 3 inches deep. The lock is not civil war era but is still very old and has been underground for at least 50+ years. My daughter will go to her Grannies this weekend and I may get to do some uniterupted hunting. The sink hole on top of the hill may be worth a second look too. Wish me luck Roger
    All the best

cdhtexas

Hi Roger,

In that part of the world Caddo pottey is "common" or rather found on a regular basis. Please preserves even the shards of the Caddo pottery as they may be quite valuable. Go to your local library and ask for an inter-library loan. most libraries use computers now so a subject search will be quite easy. I'm sure you know the area between Mansfield and Pleasant Hill is loaded with CW artifacts.

The problem I have with the N.O. Mint story is the flood and that area was suffering from a very long drought at the time of the evacuation. The Red was so low in 1863, one year after the capture of N.O. that the entire Union fleet was almost destroyed by CSA gunners. Lt. Col. Bailey devised and built a dam at the rapids in Alex. so the steamboats could safely retreat from the rebs. The mound on the northwest side of the 167/165 bridge at Alex. is Ft. Bulow which was built to protect the dam builders. Admiral Farragut nominated Bailey for the Medal of Honor for saving the entire Union fleet in La.

Hwy. 6 through La. is one of the God awfullest treasure trails in the U.S. It is Second only to Hwy 90 in South La. because it was known as El Camino Real, (The King's Highway). All treasure from the west past along this road from 1763 to 1803 to N.O. Some very poor people were made wealthy ovenight because of the treasure along this road. (None of them were me.) Good Luck and God's speed. C.

Dec 2004
    8 times

qoute from cdhtexas'''''''''' The problem I have with the N.O. Mint story is the flood and that area was suffering from a very long drought at the time of the evacuation. The Red was so low in 1863, one year after the capture of N.O. that the entire Union fleet was almost destroyed by CSA gunners. Lt. Col. Bailey devised and built a dam at the rapids in Alex. so the steamboats could safely retreat from the rebs. The mound on the northwest side of the 167/165 bridge at Alex. is Ft. Bulow which was built to protect the dam builders. Admiral Farragut nominated Bailey for the Medal of Honor for saving the entire Union fleet in La........''''''''' ////////// a careful reading of the official records and also a few other sources will place you at the near exact spot where a number of cannon were dumped in the river to lighten the loads on the boats involved in the above history.........gldhntr

Oct 2006
    Mansfield La.
    bounty hunter

Hey Gold Hunter. Looking for cannons sounds like fun. About 12 to 15 years ago me and a buddy were coonhunting and found what we thought was a Indian burial mound on the side of the river but after we climbed we found the remains of a split rail fence and some civil war stuff. I have been trying to remember where it was and think I can still find it. I may leave my Murrell site along for a week and find the mound again. If you want to look for cannons let me Know. Roger
    All the best

cdhtexas

Hi Roger and many thanx gldhntr,

guys, there is so much legitimate and confirmable treasure in La. that you do not have to take off looking for things that may or may not exist.

Do you know the name of the V.P. under President Thomas Jefferson? If you do, then look for the ferry on the La./Tx. border by the same last name and you will find tresure. Is it mule loads/ox loads/ burro loads/ rooster loads of gold? Hell no. It is the treasure that was buried just before people took the scariest ride of their lives. Can you imagine what 100 or 200 dollars worth of gold dollars, ten dolars or twenty dollars would be worth?

Follow the clues to the burying of the Union Army payroll in the paper and you will not be disappointed. Cyrus.

Dec 2004
    8 times

i'll look back through my books to see if i can find the info again...it seems like it was around 20 something cannon dumped in the same spot....googling '' civil war cannon for sale'' will show it would be well worth the trouble for sure....

Oct 2006
    Mansfield La.
    bounty hunter

Find the info on the cannons goldhunter. I will bring my boat. It is perfect for the Red River. 21 ft and flat bottom. It needs to be run anyway. Thats about all I can offer other than youthful enthusiasm. I guess I could weld a winch on front of it. I hope you know how to locate stuff underwater cause I don't have a clue, but I am not afraid to get my hair wet. Roger
    All the best

Dec 2004
    8 times

don't know much about water hunting...just ran across the info several years ago and thought someone here might have an interest after reading this thread and remembering it.....i will sit down after christmas and find and post it...think it was 27 cannon, and the spot above the constructions they made in the river was pinpointed pretty good......gldhntr

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors