Evidence of KGC caches?

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Well, after following the replies/posts associated with "KGC in Arizona," I thought I would toss a bone to all those willing to nibble: How do we know that a cache is KGC? I'm guessing that it's not going to have KGC written out in big letters across the top of a zinc mason jar lid or Wells Fargo box (hmmm "wells fargo"), let alone the acronym KGC is not going to be carved into a gold coin or bar, is it? So, how do we know? I truly believe in the KGC. Why? Because I've seen old UNPUBLISHED letters that actually reference, "the circle." It has been established without a doubt that the organization did exist. So, it had to be funded to progress. Where did the funds come from and what happened to them? Who were the members? Are these our leads to KGC caches? Sounds logical, doesn't it? If the records were destroyed or separated and dispersed, then doesn't it stand to reason that some hidden, forgotten caches are a possibility? Or, do we let human nature rule and say that greed got the best of the fundholders and they just kept the funds for themselves? For the record, I truly enjoyed Brewer and Getler's book and find that it might be applicable. That's a lot of research and research can lead to caches. However, my question is: How do we know, without a doubt, that we have a KGC cache and just didn't luck out and find somebody's stash instead?????????

Cavers5

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Cavers5,

There is a new book out called "How to Find the Treasures of the Knights of the Golden Circle" by Dr. Roy Roush.
I bought it, read it, and in MHO...it is a much better book than Mr. Brewer's (I have it too).
This book actually lists a few places where KGC treasure was buried.
Might be worth the read ;)

I'm sure that those who don't believe in KGC treasure (or don't want us to believe), will be quick to comment on this post. That's OK...let them have their fun.

Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Old Dog said:
Nice find Tom,
Hope it helps you in your quest.

Thom
OD

Hi Old Dog,

Just trying to help :)
I havn't found any trees with carvings yet...but you never know ;)

TW

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
The world is full of differing opinions. You think Roush's book is better than Brewers, I on the other hand was sorry I wasted $20 on the book. However the bottom line is that neither book is going to lead you to KGC treasure. They don't give the information needed to do so.
Good luck,
Boattow

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Hi Boattow,

Long time since we have talked. OK...so I'm a sucker for buying another book on the KGC, lol.

You are right...neither book tells enough to find it. Roush's book lists some sites where KGC treasure was/is supposedly buried, but even if they were there...they probably won't be now. Roush's book explains the layout of a KGC cache site, I don't recall getting that from Brewer's book, but maybe it is there. It was quite some time ago that I read it.

Timberwolf

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
I understand, there are so few books out on the KGC that it's nice to find something new on the subject. I guess the first thing that struck me funny was how many pictures he shows of the same hootowl tree in there. I get the feeling it is the only one he has found. I have documented over 50 of them from KGC layouts. If I were to write a book, it would mostly be pictures. Finding hootowls and carvings are not hard to do once you figure out how to find them. It's figuring out what to do with them that's the hard part ;D
Take care TW :)
Boattow

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Boattow,

Write that book....then "Live Long & Prosper" ;D

TW

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Boattow,

I certainly would enjoy a book that uses new material.
Especially when showing methods by which to find, follow and interpret any signs.

May fortune favor your endeavor.

Thom
Old Dog

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yo! ;D Boattow, I have enjoyed your "postings" re. KGC, and you have a wonderful sense of humor about it all. "Doing up" a book in your case, may be easier then you think; it IS very time-consuming... ask "beale", who has done a "Tome" on T.J. Beale.
IF, your "pics" are on Dig-Cam (Digital Camera), then you COULD do it all on your "puter" with a "Publisher Software"... I would LOVE to see your "pics". THEN, you could "advertise" and sell it on the "Net". I would ALSO like to see a "group effort" process, in which ALL KGC Treasure Hunters/Historians UP-DATE revelant stuff maybe co-ordinated by Floyd Mann or somebody GREATLY interested in FACTS, FINDINGS, ETC. ;) There is already a lot of MISINFORMATION, DISINFORMATION (LIES), ETC. out here already... :o

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
boattow said:
Yo Rebel, I just sent you a private messge. ;)
Thanks,
Boattow

Darn it Boattow,

If there's going to be a KGC conference...I want in on it ;) ;D

TW

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
boattow said:
... Finding hootowls and carvings are not hard to do once you figure out how to find them. It's figuring out what to do with them that's the hard part....

Don't feel too bad - even the best of the experts are going in circles. That's by design.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yo! ;D Timberwolf, KGC Conference? ??? HA! How about a Conference with a BOOK-SIGNING? HA! only in our dreams... :D

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi. It's good to see some real interest generated about KGC clues. I know there are several members here interested in this subject. I have not been at this long, but real help is hard to come by. I joined Floyd Mann's site on Yahoo but so far haven't even spoken with him. I would really like to talk to him and anyone else that is serious about this subject.
I would like to thank all the TreasureNet members that have shared information with me in the past. I would also be willing to reveal some things I have learned the hard way. I do however question if an open forum is the proper way to do this.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
It is a perfect way to do it. Just be willing to accept emails form time to time.
That is about the only way to be sure sensitive info gets where you want it to go without prying eyes.

The best way to get info on a sign you aren't sure of is to post a good clear photo and let these guys bust away. LOL
Don't post locations just the signs.
You will be surprised all of these folks on here are quite honorable,
They have their own projects and are happy to help you with yours.

Welcome to T NET, hope you enjoy the atmosphere.

Old Dog

Was going to modify a word in this post that was incorrect... "You will be surprised all of these folks on here are quite honorable,"
But will suffice to say, some are honorable,
Others aren't worth the time of day.
I have run into a few of late that will never get more than the time of day...if that.
OD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread