KGC clues found with John Murrell, put on your thinking caps!!!!!

OP
OP
magnsdad

magnsdad

Oct 25, 2006
Mansfield La.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Allright I am over my morning. Dad thinks the empty box might have been a decoy and we need to look some more. I wonder if he would think that if he did all the digging :) He is planing to come for a visit after Thanksgiving. I have killed all the deer I want for the year and most of the hunters will be out of the woods by then. I have read about death traps and they do concern me so please do not worry. As far as any knowledge of niblets bluff I have read some stories but I cant think of what they say. I generally reread my books every other month and when I find something I will let you know. All the best

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Hi,

Thanks for posting! How old do you think the modern trash can is and how big was it? Who could have placed it there and why? Any ideas?

Cavers5

OP
OP
magnsdad

magnsdad

Oct 25, 2006
Mansfield La.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
The trash can was about the size that would take a tall kitchen trash bag. If I had to guess is had been there for 10 to 20 years. As far as why it was there I can only guess. Kids using it to carry camping gear maybe.

scottyxlr8

Dec 19, 2007
Rapid City, MI
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Dousing, OP's (other people's)
Hi!

I'm new here, I came for the Michigan stuff, but of course got lost in everything else. I'm wondering if the first pic describes the east/west north/south organization of the clues you found?

OP
OP
magnsdad

magnsdad

Oct 25, 2006
Mansfield La.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
The pics are of 2 trees and are not in any order. There are about a dozen trees that are carved on. Many of the carvings are graffitti but some are to suspicious. The pic of the snake will be posted the next time I go back there. After thinking about it for a while I have decided that the tail of the snake is the directional marker I need to follow.

OP
OP
magnsdad

magnsdad

Oct 25, 2006
Mansfield La.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
OK I have been busy. The snake tail does point North and I found a marked tree took pictures and came home. On the tree there was a XP combination sign. At first I thought it was a crossed flag but looking on a symbols webpage I found a exact match. It was a symbol for Christ. Now with a Masonic man burying the treasure and they are hung up on East and Christ is going to come from the East I think that should be the next direction to go. All the best Roger

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
be nice to see those shots with out all that chalk tainting the photos, as well as backing up when you shoot , you are missing much more info by getting so close, Tammahawk

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read some of the messages posted on this old topic and think they deserve to be read and considered again so I'm posting to this thread in hopes it will gain some new posts and comments.
~Texas Jay

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
You would probably do good to try to match some of your carvings to some of the symbols on the maps left behind by Murrell.

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
alec said:
You would probably do good to try to match some of your carvings to some of the symbols on the maps left behind by Murrell.

Do you have any Murrell maps Alec?

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Just for you Hoss! Now don't go agreeing with me either, I'll have to start drinking!! :laughing9:

Attachments

• murrell 05.jpg
    murrell 05.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 2,418

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
Very interesting. Do you have the other side of that map? or is that all. I'll comment after you answer this post.
Thanks Alec,
Big Hoss

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
I have a whole stack of Murrell's maps but I only have parts of a few of them scanned into the computer. All of the maps I have are whole maps and I think my collection contains about 80% or Murrell's maps.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnsdad's profile shows he hasn't been active since Aug. 19, 2009. Wonder how his project has come along.

He kept asking for opinions about that first photograph. Well, that large rectangular area on the left kind of looks like someone cut above and below a symbol and peeled it off of the tree. On the right is a heart that is tilted a little with it's "point" pointing to the left.

Further down, the photo of the Oct. ,12 17something; that "12" looks more like a lower case "n", which is the 14th letter of the alphabet and the comma is extra long, pointing toward that strange, tilted rectangular shape.

Hey, alec. Got any of those maps for Mississippi? ;D That one you've posted says there is a place called Granddo on the Red River. Is that a village, community, or just describes that ravine?

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
To be honest with you I don't know what it means. I've had these maps since 98 and haven't done a thing with them. It's been a while since I was hunting in Louisiana so I just stuck them in my files and they have sat there. I haven't tried to interpret/decipher them at all. The maps have lots of wierd symbols and symbolism on them with lots of references to the Masons (the KGC guys will love that). There are also a lot of other symbols and references on the maps that don't have anything to do with the Masons.

I don't think any of the maps I have go to Mississippi but I have several that I haven't even really looked at so who knows. I think the majority of the ones I have go to Louisiana and Texas. Maybe in a few months I will have time to look through them and see. If I do then I will try to scan some and post them.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alec, on the northside of Natchez, MS is a large depression called The Devil's Punchbowl. It has a proven history of hidden treasures left by robbers, murderers, river pirates, etc. from the earliest days of history there. Natchez was the eastern end of the Neutral Zone and the gateway to the west. Years ago, a cache of gold bars were recovered from that area and ended up with Charles Garrett. Murrell, Mason, and other well known and "no-knowns" used that area to hid and escape capture. Perhaps one of your maps may have a tie-in with Natchez. :dontknow:

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
I spent a little time in the "punchbowl" several years ago poking around. It's an interesting place.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Historical claims are that the compasses of the riverboats travelling the Mississippi River would "go nuts" whenever the boats would pass that area. Seems to me that maybe some meteorite hunting might be profitable, too. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread