WAS LEWIS CASS A KNIGHT OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE?

Was Lewis Cass K.G.C. ?

• yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
If you read the letter you will see that the person who wrote it does not agree with slavery expansion into the territory, yet they still seem pretty informed of Morton's investments there. They also tell him about the RR and how it will make him the big bucks when it gets there. I would say that was some good information to get out of Washington in 1856 considering that the Pacific Railroad Surveys were conducted from 1853 through 1855. BUT to have gotten it before 1855 was extremely LUCKY right?The money involved became present somehow and a clear path was somehow researched perfectly and the funds were already invested in before April of 1856! Let that sink in for as long as it takes to see the light. 8-) It seems to me that slavery and the expansion of it was not as big an issue between birds of a feather as people seem to think it was, especially when the placement of money was concerned between the birds in question. It would also enlighten a person to know the "little property" that the writer thanks "Nuckolls" for helping him obtain was in more than one state and not as "little" as you might imagine. Favors between men that were just good friends? I think not.

L.C.

PS. Now read the written works and compare it to the information I have posted in the above two posts. It is pretty easy to see that some pretty important things have been left out of the history book. Now who is trying to print the whole truth? Them or Me? https://books.google.com/books?id=2...nepage&q=lewis cass and Julius morton&f=false

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
col·lu·sion
kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
noun
secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

Evidence of collusion:

Cover of Letter From Cass to Burt.JPG inside letter from Cass to Burt.jpg

This letter was carried by Julius Morton from Michigan to Nebraska Territory to hand to Francis Burt when Julius arrived there. Unfortunately Francis Burt was dead by the time Morton arrived there. This should clear up any doubts that Morton though selected sight unseen by President Franklin Pierce was actually sent by Lewis Cass to meet Francis Burt. To say he was well connected is an understatement wouldn't you say?

L.C. Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
col·lu·sion
kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
noun
secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

Evidence of collusion:

View attachment 1541572 View attachment 1541574

This letter was carried by Julius Morton from Michigan to Nebraska Territory to hand to Francis Burt when Julius arrived there. Unfortunately Francis Burt was dead by the time Morton arrived. This should clear up any doubts that Julius S. Morton though selected sight unseen by President Franklin Pierce was actually sent by Lewis Cass to meet Francis Burt. To say he was well connected is an understatement wouldn't you say?

L.C. Baker

Now if you couple that with the fact that the first house Gov. select Francis Burt spent the night in when he arrived in Nebraska Territory was that of Mr. S.F. Nuckolls who drove him the rest of the way to Bellevue Nebraska and delivered him there, that means Morton was sent and received by the same "Brotherhood" Think about it as long as it takes you to see the truth. A timeline will help if you have any trouble.

L.C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Georgia Historical Society
Savannah, GA
Papers: Correspondence in Thomas Addison Burke papers, 1827-1860. Finding aid.

Is there anyone in or near Savana that can lay hands on this? I would like to know what they talked about.

Thanks, L.C.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Henry Alexander Wise letter to James G. Ryals, W. Milner, 1855 August 22, 8.0 p.
Sent from Orly, near Onancock, Virginia. Thanks them for invitation to be present at mass meeting of citizens of Cherokee section of Georgia, to be held at Cartersville, August 30; discusses recent victory (over Know-Nothing party) in election; discusses state rights and Union and foreign influences trying to undermine America by abolishing slavery and dissolving the Union; long discussion of U.S. politics.

This letter is also in Burkes autograph collection. Why do they spread this information all over the U.S.A.? I had to go to Springfield to see Vol.II of Browning's diary.....in the Lincoln Library .....think about that for a minute.8-)

Cass has stuff everywhere, why not under one roof??? CASS, Lewis (1782-1866) Guide to Research Papers

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Just to be perfectly clear on the Question: "WAS LEWIS CASS A KNIGHT OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE?"

Julius Sterling Morton was without a doubt a Knight of the Golden Circle. It is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

TURTLE'S TAIL POINTS EAST sized.jpg

He was sent by Cass to meet Franklin Pierces selected Governor Francis Burt a slave owner from Pendleton South Carolina

inside letter from Cass to Burt.jpg
Cass wrote a note of introduction for Morton who had just got kicked out of Michigan University and had been setting
print in his uncle's Newspaper for a couple of months.

Cover of Letter From Cass to Burt.JPG lewis cass.jpg Morton Hand.jpg Francis_Burt.jpg

Franklin Pierce was openly accused of being a Knight of the Golden Circle by William Seward. In early 1862, Radical Republicans in the Senate, aided by Secretary of State William H. Seward, suggested that former president Franklin Pierce, who was greatly critical of the Lincoln administration's war policies, was an active member of the Knights of the Golden Circle. In an angry letter to Seward, Pierce denied that he knew anything about the KGC, and demanded that his letter is made public. California Senator Milton Latham subsequently did so when he entered the entire Pierce-Seward correspondence into the Congressional Globe.
Former President Franklin Pierce Accused of Treason by Seward

Francis Burt was received in Nebraska by Stephen Friel Nuckolls at Nebraska City and then Nuckolls drove the man to Bellview in his personal buggy. http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ne/topic/resources/OLLibrary/collections/vol15/v15p0008.htm

nuckolls.jpg Francis_Burt.jpg Franklin Pierce.jpg

L.C. Baker:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
col·lu·sion
kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit
noun

Evidence of collusion:

View attachment 1541572 View attachment 1541574

This letter was carried by Julius Morton from Michigan to Nebraska Territory to hand to Francis Burt when Julius arrived there. Unfortunately, Francis Burt was dead by the time Morton arrived there. This should clear up any doubts that Morton though selected sight unseen by President Franklin Pierce was actually sent by Lewis Cass to meet Francis Burt. To say he was well connected is an understatement wouldn't you say?

L.C. Baker

"Practically from the day of his arrival in the Territory, Morton plunged into politics," _ Nebraska Historical Society

Now read that letter that Lewis Cass wrote for J. Sterling to hand to Francis Burt upon his arrival in Nebraska. What did J.S. Morton come to Nebraska to do?

Now read what they SAY he came to do and did. https://history.nebraska.gov/collections/j-sterling-morton-1832-1902-guide-microfilm-rg1013am

"Lewis Cass, who was an elder to Morton sent the young man to Nebraska for a reason, and it wasn't just to set type and "try his hand" at the newspaper business. He was a political assassin sent to Nebraska to assist the K.G.C. in an attempt to take over the territory. - L.C. Baker"

If you can prove that Lewis Cass was not affiliated with the Knights of the Golden Circle, I am listening. :thumbsup:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
I reckon you are the onliest one on here spoutin' that Claim. :icon_scratch:

Not up ta us ta prove it ain't true, it's up ta yer own self to prove it IS.. Far as I can see, ye ain't done it.

Keep gummin' that gristle. :icon_thumright:

GIFMaker.org_YGAn4t.gif

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I reckon you are the onliest one on here spoutin' that Claim.

View attachment 1629953

Sheep are gonna always be sheep. Leaders lead, it's up to the flock to follow or get the :censored: out of the way. As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but if the other guy is not holding his head up for ya, you are gonna suck some mudd. :occasion14:

L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Lewis Cass unsuccessfully sought to buy land from Mexico and sympathized with American filibusters in Latin America. He also resigned in December 1860 in protest of Buchanan's handling of the threatened secession of several Southern states, which proves he was also a part of the anti-war faction of the K.G.C.'s inner circle that was embedded high up in the U.S. Government at that time. His resignation could also have been to avoid the charge of treason for what he was doing. There was an internal witch hunt going on at that time within the U.S. Government, people were choosing sides kind of like it is at this time but for much more serious charges of treason that could have put them at the round end of a straight rope. I would refer anyone with doubt to read Cass's speech to the Democracy of Detroit if you are thirsty.

L.C.:icon_thumleft:

P.S. If that ain't enough for you, find and read "George Bickley to Lewis Cass April 13th, 1860"

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Here Ol Kentuck let me help you out. Take this and feel your way to this link and it will lead you to Hard evidence penned by the man's own hand and placed into the hand of another K.G.C. member.

View attachment 1630192 .......................................................>http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kgc/367077-lewis-cass-knight-golden-circle-2.html#post5922703

Best I can do for you Sir,
L.C.:icon_thumleft:

P.S. Love the pic of Cass! LMAO!

Ye could print it Braille but yer story is so full o'holes already it still wouldn't make no sense. I reckon that's why ye keep sending people to yer own link as documentation fer yer claims, jest a big circle jerk with the same results. Kinda like yer video of milking a bull. Ye fill yer bucket up, sure, but it ain't facts yer makin 'milkshakes' fer yer readers with. :wink:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Ye could print it Braille but yer story is so full o'holes already it still wouldn't make no sense. I reckon that's why ye keep sending people to yer own link as documentation fer yer claims, jest a big circle jerk with the same results. Kinda like yer video of milking a bull. Ye fill yer bucket up, sure, but it ain't facts yer makin 'milkshakes' fer yer readers with. :wink:

Corky could see what I have laid out and make sense of it without any further explination. It'll come to ya...... :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions