Another unsolved K.G.C. symbol

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please dont limit yourself to those numbers. Those are just an example of what I find on my turf. There is a lot of variation when you go to different locations. Nothing is set in stone. An old friend game me one piece of advice that came in handy. "Everything they did..they did for a reason." So every little carving...no matter how insignificant you may think it is...it has significance in the master plan. It may be put there to deceive...but it has its purpose.
Also a letter doesnt necessarily represent a number. Your letter H could be topographical...I am not saying that it is. But you could have two parallel streams, ridges, or trails with something connecting them. Be open minded and dont overthink...simplify.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 837065

Here is an exact drawing of the lead cross that it is on. Notice the circle with an X at the top. Nothing on the reverse side.
Thanks, baker

bird symbol.jpg

Having a hard time with this symbol. It looks like the bird symbol on the rock. It says it has been altered, what does it look like when it is unaltered? Is it a Spanish "Bird Symbol"
Thanks for the help, L.C. Baker

Last edited:

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I would say a bird. Possibly an Owl. I have not seen that exact symbol before but have seen a lot birds on our sites.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Could it be another compass point?

It could be a million things but the KGC pretty much used numbers for compass points. Most often we find 33 or 333 and the target is usually at .33 due north. Or if there are 3 targets buried near each other they will be in the form of a triangle with one point being .33 due north. It is very common to find 3 targets at a site.

Not knowing what the geographical area looks like I would extrapolate from the cross a few things. Capella is Italian for music without singing but the literal translation is "according to the style of the chapel". I would look for a church with a cemetary and check the grave markers for the name Capella and the date on the lead cross. Or BLF might be the name on the cross with the date. My best guess would be to find the marker near the church which would be (the "0" )and then the target would be to the right of it (the X) It appears the bird's wing is point up at something on the cross. Possibly the X. Hopefully you have other markers in the area that may lend additional clues. I do know the KGC buried a lot of stuff in cemetaries and put markers there as well. We have found grave stones in a cemetary that pointed back out to a nearby target.

The other thing that we do and I cannot suggest this strongly enough is to shoot the area with a good LRL. Just trying to follow symbols and markers is incredibly difficult. We shoot everything first and then run a 2 box over it and a pulse induction unit before we ever dig. Our motto is detect, detect, detect.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It could be a million things but the KGC pretty much used numbers for compass points. Most often we find 33 or 333 and the target is usually at .33 due north. Or if there are 3 targets buried near each other they will be in the form of a triangle with one point being .33 due north. It is very common to find 3 targets at a site.

Not knowing what the geographical area looks like I would extrapolate from the cross a few things. Capella is Italian for music without singing but the literal translation is "according to the style of the chapel". I would look for a church with a cemetary and check the grave markers for the name Capella and the date on the lead cross. Or BLF might be the name on the cross with the date. My best guess would be to find the marker near the church which would be (the "0" )and then the target would be to the right of it (the X) It appears the bird's wing is point up at something on the cross. Possibly the X. Hopefully you have other markers in the area that may lend additional clues. I do know the KGC buried a lot of stuff in cemetaries and put markers there as well. We have found grave stones in a cemetary that pointed back out to a nearby target.

The other thing that we do and I cannot suggest this strongly enough is to shoot the area with a good LRL. Just trying to follow symbols and markers is incredibly difficult. We shoot everything first and then run a 2 box over it and a pulse induction unit before we ever dig. Our motto is detect, detect, detect.

Capella is ALSO the name of a STAR in the night sky; there is a "line" drawn down down from Capella; look in the direction the "bird" is facing... the "cross" is "direction indicator"; study it CLOSELY.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Capella is ALSO the name of a STAR in the night sky; there is a "line" drawn down down from Capella; look in the direction the "bird" is facing... the "cross" is "direction indicator"; study it CLOSELY.

Capella the star is what led us to another dig. That is how we got the heading. It's position in the ski on the date given and then the amount of leagues and fathoms in that direction. At that dig we found another marked cross with a cipher on it. The thing is, we have never applied the bird or the O with the x on it to anything. Hope this helps you help me...
thanks for the input, Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Laplace caught my eye. There is a navigational equation named after him. Back to the books for me. It may mean nothing but I will have to study it so I may be able to apply it.
Thanks for the generator!:thumbsup: L.C. Baker

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
LC and true trackers,
it is Spanish and classic and iconic as well..a real true Spanish treasure code sign...I will pm you the translation if you
will keep it under your hat...[the children and parrots are still up]
oro for the informed
rangler
ps it is way more sophisticated than I ever seen the Spanish do..might be a kgc copy - but the meaning will be the same. what is usual is what weekender showed in his pic..see what I am saying.
xxx xx xxxxx xxxx xxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx xxx~!

"a fool knows more than he is wise...a sensible man is wiser than he knows"..loa tzu

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
it is Spanish and classic and iconic as well..a real true Spanish treasure code sign...I will pm you the translation if you
will keep it under your hat...[the children and parrots are still up]
oro for the informed
rangler
ps it is way more sophisticated than I ever seen the Spanish do..might be a kgc copy - but the meaning will be the same.
xxx xx xxxxx xxxx xxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx xxx~!

"a fool knows more than he is wise...a sensible man is wiser than he knows"..loa tzu
Thank you. I have encountered other spanish signs on this cache, but it is 100% K.G.C.
Thanks, L.C. Baker:thumbsup:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Laplace caught my eye. There is a navigational equation named after him. Back to the books for me. It may mean nothing but I will have to study it so I may be able to apply it.
Thanks for the generator!:thumbsup: L.C. Baker

Wow. That sounds just like the kind of thing these guys would have used. Laplace did a lot of advanced math dealing with probabilities. I'll bet if this is a valid lead, it'll tie back in to the other clues you've found and their locations. 'How?', of course, is the question that counts. One thing's for sure - it'll be complicated for an outsider. Probably child's play if you are in on the secret.

That's the problem with these guys - they make you go to grad school just to try to understand what's happening, let alone solve the riddle. I guess they figure the searchers would die off before they got close to the truth. A lot of guys see this stuff and assume it's 'Spanish' and get nowhere. If it looks 'Spanish', it's probably a disguise that means something entirely different. I bet they have some good laughs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe that is why people do not just stumble on to these K.G.C. caches. You will definitely be worthy if you ever find one.
L.C. Baker:thumbsup:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
This as far as I can tell was another Spanish Sign used By the K.G.C. on this cache. A "TOBIAS" connected to a three digit number (XXX ) which I have replaced with X's.
L.C. Baker

tobias.jpg

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
THREE mountain ridges, with a valley; treasure is buried near top of "middle" mountain ridge...

COULD be a LAKE!

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The numbers are 333; Cross is direction "indicator"; treasure is in "Deep" South...

That sounds like a reasonable translation given for the symbol. The three digit number is not 333, it is actually the same as the key phrase that was numbered to decode the card full of numbers. I have thought that it meant to go south that many miles,feet,yards,vera,etc. but to no avail. Still trying to figure it out.
Baker:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread