Another unsolved K.G.C. symbol

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
unknown treasure symbol.jpg

This is another symbol on the K.G.C. trail we are working on. Any ideas??
Thanks for the input, L.C. Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
My father and I are the only two left of four men that are on this trail. Two have passed away before it was discovered that it was a K.G.C. trail. My dad was one of the original three when i was just 7 years old. I am now 49 years old.
Thanks L.C. Baker

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
My father and I are the only two left of four men that are on this trail. Two have passed away before it was discovered that it was a K.G.C. trail. My dad was one of the original three when i was just 7 years old. I am now 49 years old.
Thanks L.C. Baker

PRIVATE "Family" thing, then...? YET! Info is somewhat confusing; "Two have passed away BEFORE it was discovered that it was a KGC trail"... it is REALLY only YOU & maybe your dad. Hmmm... "original three"...?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Original three 1) man that found the turtle (deceased)
2) his relative (deceased)
3) my Dad (worked on it with the two deceased men)
4)me (was 7 years old when the man found turtle. took up the trail (seriously) with my Dad when i was 18 )
Thanks ,BAKER

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Original three 1) man that found the turtle (deceased)
2) his relative (deceased)
3) my Dad (worked on it with the two deceased men)
4)me (was 7 years old when the man found turtle. took up the trail (seriously) with my Dad when i was 18 )
Thanks ,BAKER

OK, THANKS!

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHO are "we"...?
Just a guess...a bird...which is change directions...in this case go opposite of which the wing is pointing...and possibly look clues that form a triangle... It is always trial and error for me. But given time solveable, and then makes perfect sense....Steve

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
View attachment 835575

This is another symbol on the K.G.C. trail we are working on. Any ideas??
Thanks for the input, L.C. Baker

It reminds me of the following altered 'bird rock' that is a starting point for a geometrical pattern: a perfect right-triangle with legs 1.33 and 8.00 miles long. All three corners are man-made and there's a distinctive 'hoot owl tree' dead on line on the short leg. Other points of interest: a 337° azimuth (then 67°), which is an oft-repeated angle in SW New Mexico, and an old CCC camp near the bird.

LW Circle.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
capella cross.jpg

Here is an exact drawing of the lead cross that it is on. Notice the circle with an X at the top. Nothing on the reverse side.
Thanks, baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a guess...a bird...which is change directions...in this case go opposite of which the wing is pointing...and possibly look clues that form a triangle... It is always trial and error for me. But given time solveable, and then makes perfect sense....Steve
What are you calling the wing stevesno? Thanks, Baker

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you calling the wing stevesno? Thanks, Baker
The triangle is placed where the wing should be. I am totally shooting in the dark here. In my area all carvings that I have found are topographical or distance wise in nature. When I am in a location I simply follow the trees. It took me several years...but I have gotten it down now. The closer that you get to the cache there are certain trees to look for. Even an Omega tree. From the Omega tree you need to know the bearing to take, but it can be figured out within a matter of a few hours...the bearings are typical kgc...numbers that add up to 13 or 33...You get the picture. And you need to act fast if you get this close. Because believe me...they know when you are close...they will retrieve it and carve a box in a nearby tree shaped like a rectangle. This signifies that the cache has been removed. I have found it time and time again...with the fresh shavings still laying on the ground.

I have a question for Springfield...How do you get the CCC from that symbol. Is it the lower wing that looks like an Eagles head? I have never seen an CCC location that didnt have KGC activity....Steve

Last edited:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
....I have a question for Springfield...How do you get the CCC from that symbol. Is it the lower wing that looks like an Eagles head? I have never seen an CCC location that didnt have KGC activity....Steve

The rock with the carving is located about 1/4 mile from the old CCC camp site.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Springfield...Was it stated somewhere that there was a CCC camp? Or did you get that from the symbol?
Baker..a symbol usually has more than one meaning. Maybe you disect each part of the bird...so it doesnt mean to go the opposite direcion. Go the direction of the lower wing, it could mean to pull the triangle with it...And look for 3 signs that form a triangle. I have found 3 ducks forming a triangle before...Dr Roush..whom I have great respect for once told me that once I found all 3 points then the cache would be right in the middle of it. I have never found this to be the case...Steve.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baker...There are several scenarios with this. Like I said trial and error. There are 3 solid dots..which also form a triangle. Maybe those are the locations of 3 caches? Maybe it forms another triangle with the large dot being the motherly point of the triangle. Have fun with it...for too many years the hunt consumed me. It became not enjoyable...especially when you come to the realization that this actually is not a cache left over from the civil war that has been buried and long ago forgotten. It weighs on your conscience...what is their purpose? Is it for the benefit of a few who belong to the organization? Or is it for the benefit of all Americans. Are you doing a service or disservice by removing it? All of the "sentinels" that I know in my area are good, upstanding, hardworking men with integrity. I wish I didnt know this...it is like I am stealing from a friend or neighbor..... and then trying to justify it to myself....Steve

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The triangle is placed where the wing should be. I am totally shooting in the dark here. In my area all carvings that I have found are topographical or distance wise in nature. When I am in a location I simply follow the trees. It took me several years...but I have gotten it down now. The closer that you get to the cache there are certain trees to look for. Even an Omega tree. From the Omega tree you need to know the bearing to take, but it can be figured out within a matter of a few hours...the bearings are typical kgc...numbers that add up to 13 or 33...You get the picture. And you need to act fast if you get this close. Because believe me...they know when you are close...they will retrieve it and carve a box in a nearby tree shaped like a rectangle. This signifies that the cache has been removed. I have found it time and time again...with the fresh shavings still laying on the ground.

I have a question for Springfield...How do you get the CCC from that symbol. Is it the lower wing that looks like an Eagles head? I have never seen an CCC location that didnt have KGC activity....Steve

Is this tree anything special? new ones w mike 017.JPG new ones w mike 017.JPG new ones w mike 018.JPG

Attachments

• new ones w mike 016.JPG
    new ones w mike 016.JPG
    805 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is a clue...the Spanish used this regularly except theirs were made up of rock. It is simply a hoya or hoyo...someone will correct me. You simply sight through the hole to your next clue. Usually around or at the base of the tree there will be a pointer rock letting you know which direction to sight through. If not, the branches higher up in the tree will let you know...Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

our numbers do not add up to 13 or 33 but we do have a stand alone "B" which could represent 13. Also we have a stand alone letter "H". neither of these letters (symbols) have been applied to the trail yet.
Your input on this matter is greatly appreciated, BAKER

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions