WHO WAS THE HIGHEST KNIGHT OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I am
Not trying to say your not right I'm just asking for facts. You saying that it was made by them isn't fact. What facts are there to say they did any of this? Books, old records,etc that are from the time period. I am just asking because I only ever see opinions no actual proof.

The turtle and what it led to are actual proof. There is but a fraction of what has been found on this web site for viewing. Treasure hunters and secret societies tend to keep that stuff hush hush. That turtle was discovered in 1970 and until last year what was found was never made public. All I can say is start going through the threads on this sight and there are a lot of hunts in a lot of states that are producing evidence of the past. Tangible evidence like the turtle and the compass point, needles eye and it's function I have released are few and far between. There are other symbols and signs that are just as real posted on this site by other hunters. It all boils down to you. A man is only able to be accepted by what he allows himself to accept. It is no different with any religion or strong beliefs based on your own personality, knowledge, and life achievements. Like they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Thanks for your input K.G.C. Sentinel, L.C.:thumbsup:

KGC SENTINEL

May 30, 2012
That is what I was saying lol I know what is out there and have been on here for a long time. I was basically asking where you get your info in a round about way. I just started going into old masonic books and looking in that direction. I am always out to learn more and if you don't ask questions you never get the answers you are looking for.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a product of fate. My father was one of a group of men in the 70's that found a lot of what we now have. I had things to study and codes to try and decipher for a long long time. I read a lot of books about guys that have been dead for a very long time. I read their books and their personal diaries and biographies. I have inside information because of the K.G.C. trail and knowledge of who was involved with those operations and I have worked those links backwards up the OAK.
Not all Freemasons were Knights, but we are pretty sure that most of the K.G.C. were Freemasons.:laughing7:

KGC SENTINEL

May 30, 2012
Not all masons are Shriners but all Shriners are Freemasons lol I think I have talked to you before baker are you from wv

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The truth is, when I read all of those stories about all of those men and their personal diaries I begin to realize I have a long way to go to accomplish anything close to what they did. Then I start realizing how young some of them were when they passed on. That is when I start to come to the realization that I wouldn't make a good pimple on most of their butts. I don't let it stop me, I will complete the tasks at hand or I will die trying. They were very accomplished at cryptography and linguistic symbolism.:thumbsup:

L.C.

KGC SENTINEL

May 30, 2012
I am erik12152003 I had to make a new account. Then I figured out my old info but like this name better lol

I like history and some people still think KGC is a myth. I know of a lot of things found that points to them just haven't found a smoking gun to say look they are/where a group. One day I will get back to wv to find a treasure my Grandpop found. JJ or KGC treasure not sure till I dig it up

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I am erik12152003 I had to make a new account. Then I figured out my old info but like this name better lol

I like history and some people still think KGC is a myth. I know of a lot of things found that points to them just haven't found a smoking gun to say look they are/where a group. One day I will get back to wv to find a treasure my Grandpop found. JJ or KGC treasure not sure till I dig it up

It sounds like a fun place to be, but I don't miss them copperheads any!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I like history and some people still think KGC is a myth. I know of a lot of things found that points to them just haven't found a smoking gun to say look they are/where a group...
CSA Capt Thomas Henry Hines was recruited by CSA Sec of State Judah P Benjamin, a major KGC leader and head of the Confederate "secret service" to conduct 5th column activities in the Ohio Valley during the War of Northern Aggression.
Hines recruited others for the KGC using the name SONS OF LIBERTY.
The Confederacy's Special Agent ? Damn Interesting

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
CSA Capt Thomas Henry Hines was recruited by CSA Sec of State Judah P Benjamin, a major KGC leader and head of the Confederate "secret service" to conduct 5th column activities in the Ohio Valley during the War of Northern Aggression.
Hines recruited others for the KGC using the name SONS OF LIBERTY.
The Confederacy's Special Agent ? Damn Interesting

I see Hines initially led "Buckner's Guides", which were attached to Albert Sidney Johnston's command. A.S. Johnson was also a major player who was involved with the K.G.C. long before the Civil War erupted. Two days after Lincoln's assassination, on April 16, 1865, Hines was in Detroit, Michigan, when he was mistaken for John Wilkes Booth. After finding himself in a fight, Hines jumped several fences and made his way to Detroit's wharf. He waited for a ferryboat to empty its passengers and then forced the captain at gunpoint to take him across the Detroit River to Canada. On arrival, Hines apologized to the captain and gave him five dollars. Hines' exploit led to the mistaken rumor that Booth had escaped into Canada. He was a damn interesting C.S.A. spy that is for sure. His involvement with the planned attempt to burn several cities including New York, and his involvement in and around Chicago and the Johnson's Island campaign to free P.O.W.s along with his travel to Richmond and contact with Thompson, Benjamin, and Davis is some good evidence that he was a key K.G.C. player ECS thanks for posting him. In 1886, Hines began writing a series of four articles discussing the Northwest Conspiracy for Basil W. Duke's Southern Bivouac magazine. The magazine was dedicated to the memory of the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, but was less adversarial than similar Southern magazines, gaining a larger Northern readership than similar journals. The first of the articles was printed in the December 1886 issue. However, after consulting with former Confederate president Jefferson Davis at Davis' home in Mississippi, Hines did not name anybody on the Northern side who assisted in the conspiracy. This is a pretty good sign that those guilty parties were still active after the war. Hines was attacked for not being more forthcoming regarding all the participants from both newspapers' reviewers (particularly from the Louisville Times) and Southern readers, which discouraged Hines from publishing any more accounts of the Northwest Conspiracy. it wasn't like he could tell the general public why he was being vague about those involved either, that would have been a dead give away that they were still active. The fact that he also taught at the Masonic University in Kentucky is also a very good indicator that he was secret society material. The Grand Lodge of Kentucky took control of it in 1844, and renamed it the Masonic College. It was renamed Masonic University in 1852.
The Masonic University had its greatest era in the 1850s. However, the beginning of the Civil War in 1861 severely crippled it. This is best represented by the departure of the principal of its grammar school, Mr. Hines, who left to found the C.S.A. Buckner's Guides.

good link to read for information leading to J.Y. Beale CSATX0

L.C.:thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I see Hines initially led "Buckner's Guides", which were attached to Albert Sidney Johnston's command. A.S. Johnson was also a major player who was involved with the K.G.C. long before the Civil War erupted. Two days after Lincoln's assassination, on April 16, 1865, Hines was in Detroit, Michigan, when he was mistaken for John Wilkes Booth. After finding himself in a fight, Hines jumped several fences and made his way to Detroit's wharf. He waited for a ferryboat to empty its passengers and then forced the captain at gunpoint to take him across the Detroit River to Canada. On arrival, Hines apologized to the captain and gave him five dollars. Hines' exploit led to the mistaken rumor that Booth had escaped into Canada. He was a damn interesting C.S.A. spy that is for sure. His involvement with the planned attempt to burn several cities including New York, and his involvement in and around Chicago and the Johnson's Island campaign to free P.O.W.s along with his travel to Richmond and contact with Thompson, Benjamin, and Davis is some good evidence that he was a key K.G.C. player ECS thanks for posting him. In 1886, Hines began writing a series of four articles discussing the Northwest Conspiracy for Basil W. Duke's Southern Bivouac magazine. The magazine was dedicated to the memory of the Lost Cause of the Confederacy, but was less adversarial than similar Southern magazines, gaining a larger Northern readership than similar journals. The first of the articles was printed in the December 1886 issue. However, after consulting with former Confederate president Jefferson Davis at Davis' home in Mississippi, Hines did not name anybody on the Northern side who assisted in the conspiracy. This is a pretty good sign that those guilty parties were still active after the war. Hines was attacked for not being more forthcoming regarding all the participants from both newspapers' reviewers (particularly from the Louisville Times) and Southern readers, which discouraged Hines from publishing any more accounts of the Northwest Conspiracy. it wasn't like he could tell the general public why he was being vague about those involved either, that would have been a dead give away that they were still active. The fact that he also taught at the Masonic University in Kentucky is also a very good indicator that he was secret society material. The Grand Lodge of Kentucky took control of it in 1844, and renamed it the Masonic College. It was renamed Masonic University in 1852.
The Masonic University had its greatest era in the 1850s. However, the beginning of the Civil War in 1861 severely crippled it. This is best represented by the departure of the principal of its grammar school, Mr. Hines, who left to found the C.S.A. Buckner's Guides.

good link to read for information leading to J.Y. Beale CSATX0

L.C.:thumbsup:

L.C., CSATXO is absolutely SMASHING! THANKS!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
US Judge Advocate General of the Army, Joseph Holt, presented in October 1864 to US Sec of War, Edwin Stanton, the report, "A WESTERN CONSPIRACY IN AID OF THE SOUTHERN REBELLION". It detailed the threat to the Union by the activities of the Sons of Liberty and the KGC.
Holt was the chief prosecutor during the trial of the Lincoln conspirators.
An interesting side note, Holt married, Margaret Wickliffe, the daughter of Kentucky governor, Charles A Wickliffe, whose other daughter, Nancy, was married to David Levy Yulee, cousin of CSA Sec of State, Judah P Benjamin, a major KGC member.
...and Nancy "Nannie" Wickliffe, and her son, Wickliffe. were involved at hiding part of the Confederate treasury that was transported to Yulee's Cottonwood Plantation in Archer, Florida by a company of Confederates led by Jefferson Davis's brother-in-laws.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
US Judge Advocate General of the Army, Joseph Holt, presented in October 1864 to US Sec of War, Edwin Stanton, the report, "A WESTWEN CONSPIRACY IN AID OF THE SOUTHERN REBELLION". It detailed the threat to the Union by the activities of the Sons of Liberty and the KGC.
Holt was the chief prosecutor during the trial of the Lincoln conspirators.
An interesting side note, Holt married, Margaret Wickliffe, the daughter of Kentucky governor, Charles A Wickliffe, whose other daughter, Nancy, was married to David Levy Yulee, cousin of CSA Sec of State, Judah P Benjamin, a major KGC member.
...and Nancy "Nannie" Wickliffe, and her son, Wickliffe. were involved at hiding part of the Confederate treasury that was transported to Yulee's Cottonwood Plantation in Archer, Florida by a company of Confederates led by Jefferson Davis's brother-in-laws.

"Northwestern" is a GREAT "read"; THANKS, ECS!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
By late 1863 The K.G.C. had been disbanded and regrouped into the Order of American Knights by a small group of it's members at a meeting in Richmond that included Judah P. Benjamin, Jefferson Davis, Clement Vallandigham, Julius Sterling Morton and a few select others. By 1905 The Knight highest on the ladder was this man, but several had stood on the same rung before him. teddy at arbor.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread