WHO WAS THE HIGHEST KNIGHT OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE?

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6
This is a "no-brainer", Baker, (Kentucky-born) Jesse Woodson James was the most outstanding and accomplished president that the 12 man inner circle (and thus the entire KGC) ever had. He was treasurer of the org. at the time William Clarke Quantrill, alias DeWitt Travis, vacated the office of president by dying I believe in 1984. Jesse was then elected to the office of pres. and served until his death in 1951. My evidence is based on nearly 40 years of researching the KGC, being a personal friend of Jesse Lee James III and having had access to the James family records. Sorry if thats not enough for you. I know I am telling the truth but don't worry... I promise not to break down and cry or throw things if you choose not to believe it.
:icon_thumleft:

AnOldPro

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
anoldpro,are you talking about this
Jesse Woodson James (September 5, 1847 – April 3, 1882) born in Kearney, Missouri
if the same, your Jesse Woodson James, would have been 104 yrs of age, not looking for
a discussion, just wondering if the JWJ info i posted,is the same JWJ your talking about

Jesse James
Jesse Woodson James was an American outlaw, gang leader, bank robber, train robber, and murderer from
the state of Missouri and the most famous member of the James-Younger Gang. Wikipedia
Born: September 5, 1847, Kearney, MO
Assassinated: April 3, 1882, Saint Joseph, MO
Spouse: Zerelda Mimms (m. 1874–1882)
Siblings: Frank James, Archie Samuel, Susan Lavenia James, More
Children: Jesse E. James, Mary James Barr
Parents: Robert S. James, Zerelda James
Jesse James - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
anoldpro,are you talking about this
Jesse Woodson James (September 5, 1847 – April 3, 1882) born in Kearney, Missouri
if the same, your Jesse Woodson James, would have been 104 yrs of age, not looking for
a discussion, just wondering if the JWJ info i posted,is the same JWJ your talking about

Jesse James
Jesse Woodson James was an American outlaw, gang leader, bank robber, train robber, and murderer from
the state of Missouri and the most famous member of the James-Younger Gang. Wikipedia
Born: September 5, 1847, Kearney, MO
Assassinated: April 3, 1882, Saint Joseph, MO
Spouse: Zerelda Mimms (m. 1874–1882)
Siblings: Frank James, Archie Samuel, Susan Lavenia James, More
Children: Jesse E. James, Mary James Barr
Parents: Robert S. James, Zerelda James
Jesse James - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I thought it was the DALTON guy... JESSE JAMES WAS ONE OF HIS NAMES.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i dont know, 104 yr of age, my Ggrandpa made it to 94,2 of his sons to 98 and 101
sorry LC didnt mean to side track your thread

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a "no-brainer", Baker, (Kentucky-born) Jesse Woodson James was the most outstanding and accomplished president that the 12 man inner circle (and thus the entire KGC) ever had. He was treasurer of the org. at the time William Clarke Quantrill, alias DeWitt Travis, vacated the office of president by dying I believe in 1984. Jesse was then elected to the office of pres. and served until his death in 1951. My evidence is based on nearly 40 years of researching the KGC, being a personal friend of Jesse Lee James III and having had access to the James family records. Sorry if thats not enough for you. I know I am telling the truth but don't worry... I promise not to break down and cry or throw things if you choose not to believe it.
:icon_thumleft:

AnOldPro
The twelve man inner circle is of great interest to me. I would be highly interested in the other eleven names and their positions.
Thanks for your input, Baker :thumbsup:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought it was the DALTON guy... JESSE JAMES WAS ONE OF HIS NAMES.

This is very interesting because you two have presented an on going debate with your comments. If you believe that Mr. Dalton was indeed the real Jesse W, James or did Jesse die in Saint, Joseph.

Born March 8, 1848
Goliad, Goliad County, Texas
Died August 15, 1951
Granbury, Hood County, Texas
Known for Impostor who claimed to be Jesse James 250px-J.FrankDalton.jpg

John Frank Dalton (March 8, 1848 – August 15, 1951)[1][2][3] was a man who, in the last few years (1948-1951) of his long life, publicly claimed to be the famous outlaw Jesse James. Contrary to his claim, most historians believe that Dalton was merely a Jesse James impostor, and that the real Jesse James was killed by Robert "Bob" Ford on April 3, 1882, in Jesse's home at 1318 Lafayette Street in St. Joseph, Missouri

In the book "Jesse James Was One of His Names" it tells Dalton's story. Some parts of the book were hard to swallow as fact for me. It was interesting to read for me, but I still have some doubts about it. An almost larger than life Jesse is presented in the book. It would lead you to believe that Jesse had his hand in Ford motor Co, and other things. I am a realist, and kind of an "ANALYTIC BAS***D" (I have been told :laughing7:) I think that it is partial truth and partial myth with a lot of legend all woven into an interesting story by an author.

1) Is it even humanly possible to live to be 104 years old after being shot 5 times at an earlier point in your life?

2) The K.G.C. would have had other inner circle members setting by your death bed just to make sure you could not clear your conscious with any confessions before you met your maker.

3) It wasn't for the money.....Dalton was a too old to enjoy it. "FAME" he did not possess.

4) He knew a lot of facts that only Jesse or another member of the gang would have known, but he could not recollect Frank James's middle name.

4) Is it humanly possible to live 104 years without digging some of that treasure back up!!! :laughing7:

L.C. Baker

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Jesse w. James was not born when the K.G.C. roots started to form. He may have ended up valuable to the organization at a later date, but had nothing to do with it's initial formation.
L.C. Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
You did not say when the KGC roots started. You said, "In all History." According to your Post #3. That would be Jesse Woodson James.

In all of history would include the time before Jesse W. James was born. It's just that he was not around when the K.G.C. was forming it's ranks. Jesse would not come along for quite a few years after the Knights were already in power. This would limit how high up the ladder of comand he could ever have been.
Thanks for your input, Baker

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
....In the book "Jesse James Was One of His Names" it tells Dalton's story. Some parts of the book were hard to swallow as fact for me. It was interesting to read for me, but I still have some doubts about it. An almost larger than life Jesse is presented in the book. It would lead you to believe that Jesse had his hand in Ford motor Co, and other things. I am a realist, and kind of an "ANALYTIC BAS***D" (I have been told :laughing7:) I think that it is partial truth and partial myth with a lot of legend all woven into an interesting story by an author.....

The book describes the organization couched in the unbelievable premise that James himself accomplished all the deeds of the dozens of characters described. However, it's my understanding that, while James is alleged to be the top dog, the other characters in the book weren't James's various aliases, but were themselves separate KGC operatives - some perhaps members of the inner circle you mentioned. IMO, the book's message is that the organization was widespread and composed of powerful and capable men with James the leader during his lifetime. As for Dalton's identity - nothing is proven, IMO.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The book describes the organization couched in the unbelievable premise that James himself accomplished all the deeds of the dozens of characters described. However, it's my understanding that, while James is alleged to be the top dog, the other characters in the book weren't James's various aliases, but were themselves separate KGC operatives - some perhaps members of the inner circle you mentioned. IMO, the book's message is that the organization was widespread and composed of powerful and capable men with James the leader during his lifetime. As for Dalton's identity - nothing is proven, IMO.

And THAT'S the "point"! John Frank Dalton is the "FOCUS" here; HE utilized the NAME, "Jesse James". The DALTON "clan" is from Georgia or Tennessee, with Dalton AND James "kin" in Bedford County, VIRGINIA. We NEED to figure out who JOHN FRANK DALTON was...

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
And THAT'S the "point"! John Frank Dalton is the "FOCUS" here; HE utilized the NAME, "Jesse James". The DALTON "clan" is from Georgia or Tennessee, with Dalton AND James "kin" in Bedford County, VIRGINIA. We NEED to figure out who JOHN FRANK DALTON was...

You're right that Dalton's true history is intriguing, but he was only one man. IMO the book's overall message is of greater importance.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

I agree we do need to figure out who Dalton was. I believe he was another member of the gang. I read somewhere that the name J.F.Dalton appeared on a clue to a Jesse James treasure hunt. It may have been him.
Baker

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I agree we do need to figure out who Dalton was. I believe he was another member of the gang. I read somewhere that the name J.F.Dalton appeared on a clue to a Jesse James treasure hunt. It may have been him.
Baker

Dalton, Georgia...?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir GoodKnight! He was the only member of the round table to...oh....wait a minute,....wrong knights! Never mind! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread