K.G.C. FEATHER? SYMBOL

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anyone have an idea of what this symbol means? It is being used by the K.G.C., but it could be of Spanish or some other origin. They have used other Spanish symbols on this cache is why I mentioned it. I am sure that 1882 is not intended to be used as a date because of other items that dated 1896 or after were buried with it. Thanks for the help,
L.C. Baker:thumbsup:

kgc1882.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Does anyone have an idea of what this symbol means? It is being used by the K.G.C., but it could be of Spanish or some other origin. They have used other Spanish symbols on this cache is why I mentioned it. I am sure that 1862 is not intended to be used as a date because of other items that dated 1896 or after were buried with it. Thanks for the help,
L.C. Baker:thumbsup:

View attachment 876027

1882: MAIN Tunnel with several small tunnels; looks like @ 6... 1882 was a BIG year for Jesse & Frank James. :coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
You say were buried with it. Does that mean you have already dug up the items buried? I believe the 1882 is the date. The other symbol is an arrow with the west feathers missing pointing SW about 225 degrees, the five feathers could mean five miles SW or if Spanish about three miles SW.

Yes, they have been recovered. This item was another lead piece with this marking at the bottom. Thanks, Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, they have been recovered. This item was another lead piece with this marking at the bottom. Thanks, Baker

BUT>>>>We have yet to apply this symbol to anything we have done so far. I am sure it is a carved symbol telling me to do something.....or a hint in that direction anyway.:icon_scratch:
Thanks, L.C. Baker

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It looks more like a tunnel with "side-tunnels" to hide small caches; got any rail-road tracks (tunnels) going through a mountain, near-by...? Main tunnel must have been done in 1882.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It is near a major river, with railroad close by. There is no RR tunnel. It would be a suitable location for a man made tunnel. It is in a secluded area now, that was even more secluded back then. They could have easily landed a steamship or stopped the train close by there. You could be right on this. I will have to spend some time with the whites on cave mode in that area.
Thanks for the help, L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It is near a major river, with railroad close by. There is no RR tunnel. It would be a suitable location for a man made tunnel. It is in a secluded area now, that was even more secluded back then. They could have easily landed a steamship or stopped the train close by there. You could be right on this. I will have to spend some time with the whites on cave mode in that area.
Thanks for the help, L.C.

COULD be river, with "trails" to caves, etc.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
COULD be river, with "trails" to caves, etc.

It is definitely starting to look like it could be a tunnel. This is what we have thought all along. That there would be a cave or tunnel involved do to the massive amounts of supplies our guys swindled from the Union. It could contain archived materials and unissued weapons/ammo. This was a repository not a depository, that much we know for sure.

Thanks for the help, L.C. Baker

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It is definitely starting to look like it could be a tunnel. This is what we have thought all along. That there would be a cave or tunnel involved do to the massive amounts of supplies our guys swindled from the Union. It could contain archived materials and unissued weapons/ammo. This was a repository not a depository, that much we know for sure.

Thanks for the help, L.C. Baker

YW... HH! Good Luck! Have YOU seen the TURTLE go by...? LOL!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I just can't imagine them trusting the lowest ranking men they had to do that sort of task unless they didn't know why they were digging the tunnel. It would make more sense to me if they used expendable labor that was not going to talk. just my two cents.
Thanks, L.C.

Last edited:

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is definitely starting to look like it could be a tunnel. This is what we have thought all along. That there would be a cave or tunnel involved do to the massive amounts of supplies our guys swindled from the Union. It could contain archived materials and unissued weapons/ammo. This was a repository not a depository, that much we know for sure. Thanks for the help, L.C. Baker

Maybe it could be a stream with smaller streams emptying into it....... ??

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I just can't imagine them trusting the lowest ranking men they had to do that sort of task unless they didn't know why they were digging the tunnel. It would make more sense to me if they used expendable labor that was not going to talk. just my two cents.
Thanks, L.C.

TEAM effort... Together, Each Achieve More!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Back to the symbol I posted on this thread......

After studying the topos for that area I can find no water way with that many legs coming into it. I am back to the tunnel explanation until I can disprove it.
Thanks for the help, L.C. baker

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1882: MAIN Tunnel with several small tunnels; looks like @ 6... 1882 was a BIG year for Jesse & Frank James. :coffee2:

This may sound dumb, but just maybe it is a junction of two roads, 18 and 82. From there you go to the last road that goes to the left. If there aren't that many side roads within reasonable distance, look for the same number of trees or small streams intersecting the road and start your search there.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
This may sound dumb, but just maybe it is a junction of two roads, 18 and 82. From there you go to the last road that goes to the left. If there aren't that many side roads within reasonable distance, look for the same number of trees or small streams intersecting the road and start your search there.

Sounds like a reasonable thing to try. It's all trial and error right?? Thanks for the info.
:thumbsup:L.C.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a reasonable thing to try. It's all trial and error right?? Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:L.C.

I have been researching KGC and understand that some treasure caches have been moved and symbols changed to reflect that. Also sometimes the numbers are not what they appear to be and might actually reflect a distance to the new location and direction in degrees. Do you suppose the half arrow means treasure was moved and perhaps the numbers reflect distance and direction like 18 miles and 82 degrees or 188 degrees and 2 miles or perhaps a azimuth arrived at by adding or subtracting the numbers? One would have to plot out the various combinations to see where it takes you on a map to evaluate it and then search for signs or symbols along the various routes. Also one would have to account for the difference in magnetic declination at time originally buried and that of today to determine actual location on the ground.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have been researching KGC and understand that some treasure caches have been moved and symbols changed to reflect that. Also sometimes the numbers are not what they appear to be and might actually reflect a distance to the new location and direction in degrees. Do you suppose the half arrow means treasure was moved and perhaps the numbers reflect distance and direction like 18 miles and 82 degrees or 188 degrees and 2 miles or perhaps a azimuth arrived at by adding or subtracting the numbers? One would have to plot out the various combinations to see where it takes you on a map to evaluate it and then search for signs or symbols along the various routes. Also one would have to account for the difference in magnetic declination at time originally buried and that of today to determine actual location on the ground.

"Broken Arrow" may mean a SPLIT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread