KEY POINT OF A TRIANGLE

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. I believe that after even more thought that the motherly corner would be the most southern of the Triangle. For two reasons both of which should be know to you and if you stop to think about the reasons it will become very clear.

Senior Deacon

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
I have read two different accounts but I don't remember either one at the moment. The paperwork that I had on it is either lost or misplaced.
I hope someone that knows will come forward with it because if I find the answer again I will make sure to hold on to it this
time.:coffee2::coffee2:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10claw on this subject I defer to our honorable and learned Mr. Pinwheel. My opinion is just that a opinion based in the lore and legend of the Freemasons. His is based on more factual and practical experience. This is the thread that I think that you have misplaced. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kgc/407741-order-american-knights-k-g-c-symbol-any-ideas.html Enjoy, this is hoping that L.C. finds something based on what we have told him. This would tell who was right.

Senior Deacon

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
10claw on this subject I defer to our honorable and learned Mr. Pinwheel. My opinion is just that a opinion based in the lore and legend of the Freemasons. His is
based on more factual and practical experience. This is the thread that I think that you have
misplaced. http://www.treasurenet.com/ forums/kgc/407741-order-american-knights-k-g-c-symbol-any-ideas.html Enjoy, this is hoping that L.C. finds something based on what we have told him. This would tell who was right.

Senior Deacon

Hi S.D. thanks for the compliment. I would really like to hear your opinion on the triangle. And the key corner.
pinwheel

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
L.C. Baker,

Review the three spots/rocks for a number on it: 1 / 2 / 3
.. something not obvious like small-holes, big rocks on side, lines or scratches

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinwheel I have to agree to what you wrote as the south corner being a key or motherly corner. This comes from the K.G. C. were the BOYS of the south. The South is also a a KEY direction in Masonry. The time that the sun is at its Meridian height. The brightest part of the day. A time of enlightenment to put it another way. Like I stated this is from a speculative opinion. Unlike you I have some but as much practical experience in this type of work. Most of my cache hunts were where we knew what we were after. It was finding out what rock it was under or in some cases what post hole.

One other thing that I want to think out loud about is this. If you have a hole,rock, or a mound and have a walking stick to stick on that mound,rock or hole and at noon follow the direction that it leads you might find what you are looking for. It would not matter how long the staff would be but it that it cast a shadow. This might be something that someone could find helpful. The sun will vary but at noon not but a few degrees at best. Think of a Sun Dial a pretty accurate time piece that has been around for a long time.The staff in this matter would act like a time piece and direction finder at the same time. At the time that these treasures were being hid Pocket watches were carried by wealth Gents. Any old backwoodsman could carry a staff or walking stick and no one would be the wiser. Even if one was to pick up a stick off the ground that was sort of straight it could serve the same purpose. In our modern times we have things that can help up to tell directions and calculate the time and sun direction at noon. That is one of the reasons that Jesse James when he robbed the train would relieve the passengers of there time pieces. Watches cost almost a good months wages in the 1870's and 1980's. Look at the production records of some of the watch companies in those years. A simple 7 jewel watch cost 7 bucks without the case. Most people weren't making a dollar a day. There fore it was only normal for some one to figure out from the sun the hour of the day and a shadow from a stick or pole was a good way to do it. Why wouldn't they know how to place a directional marker by this method. Simple method using what was at hand to do the job. Like I said I am just thinking out loud and take any part you like and use it.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Pinwheel I have to agree to what you wrote as the south corner being a key or motherly corner. This comes from the K.G. C. were the BOYS of the south. The South is also a a KEY direction in Masonry. The time that the sun is at its Meridian height. The brightest part of the day. A time of enlightenment to put it another way. Like I stated this is from a speculative opinion. Unlike you I have some but as much practical experience in this type of work. Most of my cache hunts were where we knew what we were after. It was finding out what rock it was under or in some cases what post hole.

One other thing that I want to think out loud about is this. If you have a hole,rock, or a mound and have a walking stick to stick on that mound,rock or hole and at noon follow the direction that it leads you might find what you are looking for. It would not matter how long the staff would be but it that it cast a shadow. This might be something that someone could find helpful. The sun will vary but at noon not but a few degrees at best. Think of a Sun Dial a pretty accurate time piece that has been around for a long time.The staff in this matter would act like a time piece and direction finder at the same time. At the time that these treasures were being hid Pocket watches were carried by wealth Gents. Any old backwoodsman could carry a staff or walking stick and no one would be the wiser. Even if one was to pick up a stick off the ground that was sort of straight it could serve the same purpose. In our modern times we have things that can help up to tell directions and calculate the time and sun direction at noon. That is one of the reasons that Jesse James when he robbed the train would relieve the passengers of there time pieces. Watches cost almost a good months wages in the 1870's and 1980's. Look at the production records of some of the watch companies in those years. A simple 7 jewel watch cost 7 bucks without the case. Most people weren't making a dollar a day. There fore it was only normal for some one to figure out from the sun the hour of the day and a shadow from a stick or pole was a good way to do it. Why wouldn't they know how to place a directional marker by this method. Simple method using what was at hand to do the job. Like I said I am just thinking out loud and take any part you like and use it.

Senior Deacon

The stick method sounds like a probable speculation, but I think it would depend on what solstice you were in as to which side of the stick the shadow would be on. We have decoded a K.G.C. / O.A.K. solstice symbol that came into play already, that is why I believe it is relevant.

Just my two bits, L.C.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
10claw on this subject I defer to our honorable and learned Mr. Pinwheel. My opinion is just that a opinion based in the lore and legend of the Freemasons. His is based on more factual and practical experience. This is the thread that I think that you have misplaced. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kgc/407741-order-american-knights-k-g-c-symbol-any-ideas.html Enjoy, this is hoping that L.C. finds something based on what we have told him. This would tell who was right.

Senior Deacon

If I do, we will share the wealth...that's what "Homer" would do! :notworthy:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. like I said I was thinking out loud. Sometime something big can come out of a mere speculation that is thought about out loud. I am so behind you guy's already but I do have Ideas that may prove helpful. Many of the old Backwoods methods the were common back in the 19 century that we have forgotten about could be helpful today. Think as they thought and use what they had may be better than Satellites ,GPS,and modern topo maps. Heck most of them old boys didn't even own a compass and they didn't get lost like I do today with the help of a GPS. Thank GOD for the Go Home Feature. Yet they didn't get lost for long and managed to hid treasure with signs and Symbols that we haven't found yet to this day. Ever feel that they were a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C. like I said I was thinking out loud. Sometime something big can come out of a mere speculation that is thought about out loud. I am so behind you guy's already but I do have Ideas that may prove helpful. Many of the old Backwoods methods the were common back in the 19 century that we have forgotten about could be helpful today. Think as they thought and use what they had may be better than Satellites ,GPS,and modern topo maps. Heck most of them old boys didn't even own a compass and they didn't get lost like I do today with the help of a GPS. Thank GOD for the Go Home Feature. Yet they didn't get lost for long and managed to hid treasure with signs and Symbols that we haven't found yet to this day. Ever feel that they were a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

Senior Deacon

It is that kind of thinking that will lead us to what we seek....an "Educated Guess" or good speculation!:thumbsup: If you guys could hear me thinking out loud you would all think i had lost my mind!:laughing7::BangHead::dontknow::BangHead::icon_scratch::laughing7:

Keep em' coming Brother, L.C.

P.S........I thought we were all abreast on this hunt!

Last edited:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
:coffee2:Thank you Deacon. Will find that thread and see what I missed, misplaced, or lost. Thanks to all others on this thread with good information. Great week to all ---------:coffee2::coffee2: -- and one for the road.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
If there are two points of a triangle that have standard compass points, and the third point located is a miner's mark (mound). What does a hunter do to identify the key corner of that triangle?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,:notworthy: Thanks, L.C. Baker

Find the triangle's center of gravity - maybe there's something heavy there.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Senior Deacon

Hi S.D. I like the way you think. There are two things that I have found to be useful on these trails. Three actually. 1 K.I.S.S. Keep it simple silly. One of the mistakes I often make is to overthink everything. then I have to go back and simplify everything. 2 use common sense. Common sense coupled with an understanding of the times and some education will take one far. You have all three and use them well. 3 just follow the evidence. don't force your thoughts or theories to fit where they don't. I have tried this and it gets you no where. If you just follow the evidence it will take you where you are supposed to go.

I can tell you are well educated in masonic lore. That means you have a lot to offer. I always try to listen when some one speaks. I might learn something i never knew before. And that can be a game changer.

Pinwheel

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi S.D. I like the way you think. There are two things that I have found to be useful on these trails. Three actually. 1 K.I.S.S. Keep it simple silly. One of the mistakes I often make is to overthink everything. then I have to go back and simplify everything. 2 use common sense. Common sense coupled with an understanding of the times and some education will take one far. You have all three and use them well. 3 just follow the evidence. don't force your thoughts or theories to fit where they don't. I have tried this and it gets you no where. If you just follow the evidence it will take you where you are supposed to go.

I can tell you are well educated in masonic lore. That means you have a lot to offer. I always try to listen when some one speaks. I might learn something i never knew before. And that can be a game changer.

Pinwheel

I like the way BOTH of you guys think!:thumbsup::notworthy:

L.C. Baker

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1043945

Senior Deacon

Very interesting, I had recently, partially realized:

These pics from summer solstice, Do similar to that, opposite
of the shadow pointed direction. Toward the E-S/E, cross and Bible trees... :cross:

View attachment 1043940

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1043945

Very interesting, I had recently, partially realized:

These pics from summer solstice, Do similar to that, opposite
of the shadow pointed direction. Toward the E-S/E, cross and Bible trees... :cross:

View attachment 1043940

Now we're cooking with butter!:thumbsup:

awesome picture thanks for sharing it. When the winter solstice comes try it again and see if it is exact....if it is, there are more shadows or possible sun symbols that will become visible at some familiar places you already know.

great stuff, L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been suggested by HPH Bromwell, John Michell and others that temples and lodges are essentially models of the Cosmos. What this means is that the people that engage in the ceremonies there, as well as their movements are supposed to symbolize the movements of the celestial bodies. The movements of main concern appear to be the daily and yearly motions of the sun, and the motions of the planets. The following is a brief look at how the Masonic Lodge and the officers there represent these three data sets.
Pike writes on page 304, that "Everything within the Temple was symbolic and the whole structure was intended to represent the Universe". On page 209 he had written, "So in our day every Masonic Lodge represents the Universe. Each extends from the surface of the earth to the Heavens, and from the same to the centre of the globe". This is what is called "the Symbolic Lodge", and not the lodge room.

Bromwell writes (Page 25) "The entire work of the Lodge, even to the character of the actors, whomsoever, engaged in any part thereof, is entirely symbolical". (Page 33), "The work of the Lodge is the exposition of the Divine order; that is the order of the universe - that is Wisdom and Truth, out of which preceeds all order" (Page 49) "The Lodge is a symbolic effigy of the universe and its work must correspond with the work of the Divine and universal order" (Page 87) "It is the order in creation; that is the Divine order, which Masonry celebrates and imitates."

L.C.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C what you wrote is entirely true. There are many lodge rooms that have pictures or painted stars or constellations on their ceilings. In past times lodges meet out in the open. In the opening of the west this was very common and they meet on a Hill or in a valley the better to be protected from prying eyes. And Lord help you if you were caught. This is one of the the things that I have been caught up in the last several days. The Astronomy of the Lodge and how it could have effected the hiding of the K.G.C. treasure.

One must remember that the whole of the matter is the path that the sun takes starting out in the east and ending in the west. The most important part of the day is that of noon or if you will High Twelve. This is where the sun is at it's meridian height or highest point in the sky. Not only was this the point when the workman took his noon meal but refreshed himself both physically and mentally to work the rest of the day. I believe that this is the time we most need to be concerned with. This will bring up the study of the Analemma or the suns declination at noon. We can figure out from that and the People that hid the treasures had the same information and they would have used it to the same advantage as we can to day to set the site were they wanted to with in a few feet. ( sorry a miss jointed and crypt sentence) Remember we have to put ourselves back at the time when there were few compasses, pocket watches and no GPS's. They would have used the sun, moon and stars as a way to navigate in unfamiliar territory. Maybe they knew where they would hid it but how to tell those that would come later to retrieve it is the quest that we are on. The people that they wanted to find it would have had the information that would make it easy. To us that they didn't want to find it they would make it hard. But to those that might be friendly to them or had/has certain knowledge it would be much easier.

Assuming that I am right about the above. The sun takes the same course on a yearly basis. The moon however is on a 28 and a half day course. The moon will appear in a different place in the sky and in May of 1870 will be full at a different time than in May of say 2003. These Hiders of the treasure would have known that and therefore hid the treasure in a way that would have used the sun rather than the moon. Now to the second part of the equation. The stars are another marker that we must take into account. There are only certain stars that we need to keep track of. What they may be is a quest that I am still on but do have them narrowed down to a few. As I have stated before these men could tell the time of day both day and night with out the aid of a watch by the angle of the sun in the day and the stars at night. We have become so dumbed down that we rely on watches,clocks, microwave ovens, and cellphones to tell us the time both day and night that we have forgotten this old time technology. We must put ourselves back in that period of time to find out what they did and how they did it. Just something to put in your pipe and smoke.

Sorry for the long post but the sinuses are giving me a bad time and don't want to keep the household up by complaining about how bad I hurt. So will keep you entertained with some of my musings.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
That is some good information and confirmation S.D. The only thing I would differ with is the fact that we used the moon at midnight symbol and looked through a needles eye on the summer solstice to locate the constellation Libra which in turn identified a pair of scales that was a locator for another buried clue. But it wasn't the moon that we were tracking.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/k...-circle-needles-eye-revealed.html#post4062057

L.C.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread