Kgc Brentwood ...and more

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to some records I found on the internet which I consider shaky the first week the mint was opened 8 (eight) pounds of gold were turned in. Three to six pounds weekly after that. That would be a lot of coinage. I have rolled gold sheet out and even a ounce of gold will roll a nice size sheet. We fabricated a lot of our own sheet, shanking material, and wire.

Next question how were the miners paid. Paper money don't think so, corn whiskey, tobacco, store credit, maybe land??? Just something to think about.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
According to some records I found on the internet which I consider shaky the first week the mint was opened 8 (eight) pounds of gold were turned in. Three to six pounds weekly after that. That would be a lot of coinage. I have rolled gold sheet out and even a ounce of gold will roll a nice size sheet. We fabricated a lot of our own sheet, shanking material, and wire.

Next question how were the miners paid. Paper money don't think so, corn whiskey, tobacco, store credit, maybe land??? Just something to think about.

Senior Deacon
Miners...? The ppl with GOLD, SILVER, etc. were PROBABLY paid WHATEVER that they needed... food, women, etc. Dunno.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More like the mountain men of the same period. Supplies that they needed to conduct their operations. In reading it would have been powder and shot, mercury, food stuffs, maybe they did take some silver coin. Supplies would have been worth more. Being southern bet most were family men with families to feed. Bring in dust and nuggets bring supplies home to mama and the kids and hoe the corn then back to the stream and the mining business. While mama and the kids watch the farm daddy would spend his time at the claim. Hard work, natural dangers, bandits, death at every turn. These people were the Scot/Irish some from Wales. They would have some knowledge of mining and a strong ethic of caring for their families.

Strong people for a tough task. They help build up the nation while building up the land.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
D

dougward5

Aug 30, 2014
ALABAMA
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
keelmtn.JPG

plaidgolfer

Tenderfoot
Nov 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done a lot of research on the brentwood cache I live right down the road from brentwood, and everytime I think im onto something I hit a dead end. And nobody talks about it and finding info in that area on caves, mines, ect is next to impossible. I work for the GOV and have access to a lot of stuff but I cant find squat...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I've done a lot of research on the brentwood cache I live right down the road from brentwood, and everytime I think im onto something I hit a dead end. And nobody talks about it and finding info in that area on caves, mines, ect is next to impossible. I work for the GOV and have access to a lot of stuff but I cant find squat...
You work for the government...? Well, THAT is why...

plaidgolfer

Tenderfoot
Nov 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You work for the government...? Well, THAT is why...

I only work for the GOV cause my military service counts towards retirement (got a medical discharge after 2nd deployment) I just thought I would have access to more records especially mine ledgers

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thank you for your service; just saying... IF you tell ppl, you are with the Gov't, THEY "clam up"...

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo:coffee2::hello: Follow your Spirit, let the following guide you well,( IN GOD WE TRUST).:hello: NP:cat:

OP
OP
D

dougward5

Aug 30, 2014
ALABAMA
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If only they had a huge ceremony and put some kind of marker in place when they moved it from the Vault in the Tunnels ....

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only they had a huge ceremony and put some kind of marker in place when they moved it from the Vault in the Tunnels ....

The huge treasure is most likely still there in the coal mine. The KGC that put it there never did need the cache. They have death traps in place to guard. Jesse and Frank James stayed just north of Nashville at Gallatin over $400,000 was found up there by a landowner. So if Jesse and Frank James was in the area north of Nashville then the large cache would still be intact as they were still raising money in the early 1880's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread