Kgc Brentwood ...and more

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know much more than you stated about the Maximillion/James connection Kace, but I believe the K.G.C./ Maximillion connection was taking place in 1853-1854 and maybe even sooner via Senator William McKendree Gwin. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_M._Gwin

L.C.:icon_thumleft:

Yes... that's where it confuses people after reading some of the books starting with the Black Book...Gwin was a huge Southern Sympathizer, his son a Confederate soldier, later a Senator as well....I think if I remember right Gwin was even jailed for his Southern sympathies or treason...I've forgotten a lot of his actions off the top of my head.

Didn't Gwin supposedly work out a deal with Napolean 3 to create a settlement or Colony for Confederate soldiers in Northern Mexico? Sonoma? Then Maximilian squashed it?

That Black Book Ry referred to and the books that followed that line would have the reader believe JJ and Emperor Maximilian were close friends. That makes no sense to me... Why would James be so close to Maximilian when he was against helping the Confederates?.... Of course the close friendship would come if the reader believes Maximilian wasn't executed and lived on to pay millions to the KGC and Jesse James personally. That's where each has to choose what to believe.

I don't doubt Gwin would of done anything to help the Confederacy. I also believe he worked behind the scenes every chance he got to help the South..I also don't doubt Napoleon 3 would of given millions to the KGC/Confederacy.

James and Maximilian is a different thing. There is a whole lot the reader has to believe for James/Maximilian to work. Not as much on Napoleon 3.

If I've stated something incorrectly on this post feel free to straighten it out.. like I said I don't remember a lot of specifics regarding him and I didn't pull the books out.

Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, the event of "interest" happened AFTER the Confederate War @ 1867 or so... ex-Rebs & KGC had "time" for it; check out CASTLE GAP, TX. "Google" Guide to Buried Treasure: Maximilian of Mexico Millions. :icon_thumleft::coffee2:

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, the event of "interest" happened AFTER the Confederate War @ 1867 or so... ex-Rebs & KGC had "time" for it; check out CASTLE GAP, TX. "Google" Guide to Buried Treasure: Maximilian of Mexico Millions. :icon_thumleft::coffee2:

Thanks...I did know the story of Castle Gap and Maximilian's treasure...I did read your Google suggestion though.

Prior to the Black Book most believe Maximilian was executed in 1867. Then Houk comes up with another set of Jesse and Frank James making this Frank Sylvester James or Sylvester Frank James a Doctor.

I believe Maximilian's treasure that he is believed to have sent ahead could of been stolen and buried but that had nothing to do with JWJ working with Maximilian.

I do believe there are a lot of gold hoards buried in this country...I just don't believe that any serious cashe hunter is going to get true clues from most of these books that trickle down from the Black Book. Researching in archives, newspapers of the day and historical societies along with actually going and talking with descendants of locals is where I believe the truth is to be found. That's just my opinion.

Bud Hardcastle of Dalton notoriety is the contemporary source of linking it to J. Frank Dalton as Jesse R. James and he's taking it from the Black Book by Orvus Lee Houk/Del Schrader.

It's just another case of choosing what each person wants to believe and I think Ry asking for Bibliography on these stories is the perfect way to get the most likely facts. I think you were right to tell him you've seen many diverse sources...I'm sure you have, you read a lot...now he can backtrack all of these books and authors online to see where it started then decide for himself. Everyone just has to keep in mind that just because something is repeated a lot doesn't make it true...the beginning has to be found to know that. Plus doing due diligence on the source of the information helps.

Kace

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks Rebel, Kace, L.C. (and Franklin too, wherever he is lately). Y'all are fonts of the arcane and esoteric ! :)

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Rebel, Kace, L.C. (and Franklin too, wherever he is lately). Y'all are fonts of the arcane and esoteric ! :)

I'll take that as a compliment!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread