Knights of the Golden Circle Researchers

OP
OP
Walker Colt

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
BACK to the "OP"... I don't look at Face-Book pages, & know about the "RACIST" aspects of the OLD KGC; anything of interest to share from y'all...?

Nothing racist, we aren't KGC apologists or spreading KGC propaganda. It's just a page that seeks to unravel their true history without all the conspiracy nonsense that surrounds them. The page is open to everyone to view even without being a FB member. https://m.facebook.com/KnightsoftheGoldenCircle58/

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walker Colt you are doing a good job with the page. Add a bit here and there learn a thing or three. It is more a place of learning. Their are a couple of other sites I have found that are of the telling of civil war battles. Mostly from the southern side of view. The battles blow by blow. Better than just the Dixie pride " Redneck" sort of page. These pages that are like hold my beer and watch this are degrading to the true Southern Pride that should be out there. Slowly getting them weeded out. Your page is a keeper. Two thumbs up.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
Walker Colt

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
I appreciate that SD. I'm currently working on republishing Pomfrey's book on the Knights. It's the complete ritual. Starts with the ante-room work and includes all the officer speeches and candidate questions. Should have it done in a week or two.

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a good website for learning about the History of the KGC? First time I ever heard of it was here on these boards.

OP
OP
Walker Colt

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
So much misinformation about them on the Internet. I would read these three books. image.jpg

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A question....As I am not familiar with the KGC signs and monuments, anyone here ever seen a KGC dog, similar to the Spanish royal dog as a sign? This particular dog is carved in full relief, resting at the mouth of a tunnel....he is BIG! Maybe 8 feet in length, and 4 feet high....

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A question....As I am not familiar with the KGC signs and monuments, anyone here ever seen a KGC dog, similar to the Spanish royal dog as a sign? This particular dog is carved in full relief, resting at the mouth of a tunnel....he is BIG! Maybe 8 feet in length, and 4 feet high....
Great find bonuntr, I trust in the dog,ever one that i have found has been a great site.

OP
OP
Walker Colt

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
I put a chart on the Facebook page showing the structure of the KGC's military dept. based on the Rules and Regs.

OP
OP
Walker Colt

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
If you haven't visited the page lately I've added a ton of information. I'm amazed at how many Texas Rangers were KGC.
https://facebook.com/KnightsoftheGoldenCircle58/

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In rereading this thread on the first page we discussed the Pickwick Club as a Mardi Gras Krew. I wonder since they were the one of the first krewe if not the first krewe it was a party started for the promotion of a separation of the states. Maybe a attempt to bring the Roman Catholic Church in line with the southern cause. After all the only state that calls their counties Parishes. In doing more research in the course of writing this post. It appears that I am more right than I believe. In 1857 please note the date the first Mistick Crewe of Comus was formed. The Crewe of Comus was associated with the Pickwick Club. Which keeps their membership secret. The Crewe of Comus was consisted of white Anglo Saxon/Protestants. They had their own secret ritual. Can we say once again General Albert Pike. Cause and effect, chain of events, all this chaos makes prefect sense.

If it walk is like a duck, and quacks like a duck. It must be a duck.

Senior Deacon

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS I know but money talks and you know what walks. Remember that Pike was very pro Jewish, and pro southern states rights as was Judah Benjamin. Maybe they had a associate membership? Interesting that the Mistick Krewe of Comus to this day their membership list is a closely guarded secret. Back in the 1990's they were involved in a lawsuit that would have required them to disclose the membership. The lawsuit went all the way to the 5th circuit court of appeal. They won but they stopped parading and today only have a mask ball in costume as I understand it. Maybe the last Castle of Knights of the Golden Circle old school.

Senior Deacon

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As if we didn't know all ready. Benjamin originally from England migrated to Charleston S.C. came to New Orleans after quitting Yale law school. Became a associate of John Slidell who was a member of the Pickwick Club along with Pike. Benjamin and Pike were both lawyers as was John and Thomas Slidell. Well connected I think they would have made room at the table for a United States senator and friend. Just look at Benjamin's record in service to the confederate States. Btw both he and John Slidell were buried overseas after the war. Both escaped to Europe. Benjamin ended up in Paris. Slidell on the Island of Wright.

Senior Deacon

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all you get out of the Civil War was educated masons killing each other then you should have watched the rest of the war. Masons met each other on battlefields before battles, in Danville they even had a joint meeting with the Masonic Jewels being stolen. Imagine a mason stealing.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Remember that Pike was very pro Jewish, and pro southern states rights as was Judah Benjamin. Maybe they had a associate membership? Interesting that the Mistick Krewe of Comus to this day their membership list is a closely guarded secret. Back in the 1990's they were involved in a lawsuit that would have required them to disclose the membership. The lawsuit went all the way to the 5th circuit court of appeal. They won but they stopped parading and today only have a mask ball in costume as I understand it. Maybe the last Castle of Knights of the Golden Circle old school.
It seems that Pike, Benjamin, Slidell, and other Southern members of the KGC who were in the US Federal government, had their own agenda for the creation of a Golden Circle, these were the ones who began Southern succession after the Citadel cadets fired those shots at Fort Sumpter in Charleston harbor.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems that Pike, Benjamin, Slidell, and other Southern members of the KGC who were in the US Federal government, had their own agenda for the creation of a Golden Circle, these were the ones who began Southern succession after the Citadel cadets fired those shots at Fort Sumpter in Charleston harbor.

I think that in 1863 there was a refined group selected from the inner circle of the K.G.C. after the arrest of Clement Vallandigham. Vallandigham Morton Benjamin.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread