King Arthur and the Knights of the Golden Circle

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a young boy my grandmother would read to her grandchildren stories in hopes to either help us go to sleep for naps or to bed at night. One of my favorite stories because it was long was about King Arthur and the sword in the stone. At the time it was entertaining to a young kid. It and the books and stories about Robert Bruce were the ones that I liked. All the rest were the Bible stories. My Grandmother was very religious.

I recently revisited those stories as old geezer's tend to do. I looked in to some of the history of Arthur and the Knight's of the Round Table. The history is really about the Anglo Saxon wars of the times. In thinking about this I could see where these old feuds from the 7th or 8th century could have been carried forward 10 centuries. As most of the southerners were Scots/Irish and the Northerners were of English decent.

Could the root cause of the war have started 10 centuries before with the Anglo Saxon wars and the legendary King Arthur and the Knight's of the Round Table. Who was for front in those wars.
Anglo's with there Capitol in York and the Saxon's with their power base in the north of England, Wales and southern Scotland. Now is a Circle round.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Good thoughts; PROBABLY "in the blood"... AND! Rural vs Urban "developments" as a "Way of Life". KGC "protecting" the SOUTHERN Way of Life & Expanded Empire as VP Aaron Burr "planned"; Thomas Jefferson (Prez) was NOT amused...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread