Albert Pike?

OP
OP
Walker Colt

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
Walker Colt As you may know I live in Harrison County Texas. We are famous for many things here. First Railroad in Texas, the Birthplace of Boogie Woogie music. One of the other things we were known for was Marshall was the center for the early cotton production in Texas. This was the very early big money boom
In the area. Money will draw in many different types of people. Some good others unscrupulous. The money attracting Bickley. The States rights, cheap labor, big profit of king cotton went hand in hand with the politics and philosophy of Bickley's KGC. He needed the money and the locals like Greer, Starr, Scott, Youree and a few more early families could well supply a good amount to help him out with his early year filibustering plans in to Mexico.

In my research into the local history of the KGC it seems that in 1858-59 when Bickley spent 6 months in and around Marshall it turns out that both he and General Greer would give interviews to the local newspapers to get out more of there views. It was the Facebook of there day. The interviews given to the Marshall Flag and the Marshall Democrat were sent all over Texas and Louisiana in dispatches to be printed in other papers. Remember Marshall was important because it was a cotton production center and had one of the first telegraphy into northeast Texas. Now the only documents that I have about the KGC is zero. But the Flag and Democrat were full of stories of brilliant speeches that Bickley and Greer gave and the opinion that they held. Who were the other members of the castle? We can speculate but don't know for sure.

Walker Colt has done a good job in putting together a list of most likely and for sure on his Facebook page. One of the only Facebook pages that I visit. If you haven't been to his virtual graveyard please take time and do so.

This is one of the problems in linking Pike and others to the KGC. They did a good job of hiding themselves in plain sight. A few of the big bugs and social elites are named the rest is just a wag at best. One of the best ways to figure out who was who was to see who was named in the local papers when it came to throwing out the carpet baggers out of town. These men were members of KGC and the depending where you were the committee of public safety, or the Democratic union and several other public groups that defended the old southern way of life and preserving the white power base. The castles were no doubt active after the the war another the time of reconstruction. Those at the very top went from KGC to O.A.K. to Robber Barons,to giants and titans of industry to the crony capitalists of Today.

Ain't it funny how Time slips away.

Senior Deacon

Thank you S. D., The people I list as KGC are identified as KGC by newspapers or known members in the 1850s and 60s. I would like to add Pike to the list but really all he has going for him as a member is that he was a secessionist and a former know-nothing. As much as Bickley was a braggart you would think that he would have mentioned Pike as a member in a newspaper or speech to drum up support and new initiates but nothing has been found.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I personally believe Albert Pike was a senior member of the KGC. And I will believe it until I can find proof to either prove it or disapprove it.

OP
OP
Walker Colt

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
When researching the KGC we need to stick with the Historical Method which is a methodology that is not used by most conspiracy theorists. At this time there is no primary sources that says that he was a member. There are primary sources that tell us who some of the leaders were and Pike isn't listed. Was he a member? I have no idea. But as a historian I cannot make truth claims that I cannot back up with primary source evidence or some kind of inference to the best explanation. Not all filibusters, secessionists, or confederates were KGC.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I personally believe Albert Pike was a senior member of the KGC. And I will believe it until I can find proof to either prove it or disapprove it.
Albert Pike did associate with those of the KGC that were involved in the Confederate government.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Y'all DO know that Albert Pike ALSO wrote Songs & Poetry, don't ya...? I had one of his old book; think it is still available in paperback; are they "coded"...? MAYBE! COULD reveal KGC membership via "wordings"... dunno.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Knights of the Golden Circle The rising Sun Symbols that represent what for Freemasons?.....and also represent what for the K.G.C.? View attachment 1394201 View attachment 1394202 past_masters_jewel_1775_1.jpg
On Dec. 24th 1865, "Kuklos" was used by who? to represent what? Why was it chosen?

View attachment 1394203
You may also want to study Pike's knowledge and the use of it by the K.G.C. in the set up of one of their most important sites. It could all be a coincidence that spans 100's of years and is spread between three different secret societies. What do you see? Where did this picture come from? pike.jpg

It would be hard to prove to the common laymen, but the initiated and the well studied will see the truth if they look for it.
L.C.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My, my , L. C. Look at the shape of the picture of the double headed figure with a compass in one hand and a square in the other. Then think of the sun in the tomb that you have posted several times in the Nebraska City cemetery. It's starting to all come together. Cause and effect, chain of events, all this chaos makes prefect sense. Some times we can see the forest for the trees.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, Freemasons DO have a KGC... Knights of the Grand Cross; BRIT, I think... AND! Wasn't Pike a FreeMasonic Knight Templar, with "fancified get-ups" & a Sword...? Seen a "pix" of him SOMEWHERE. Ppl seeing such coulda assumed a KGC "connection".

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
AP was a Knight Templar of FreeMason; "google" When Templar Swords Clash; INTERESTING! Gotta remember Cryptic Rite Masonry, ALSO; yes, AP was Cryptic Rite Mason...

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel he was a York Rite Mason before he was introduced into the Scottish Rite. At one time in America York Rite was wide spread. Every other town had a Chapter some a council. In Iowa at least because I am most familiar there was a Chapter, Council and Commandary in every other county seat. In my home lodge we had York Rite members from four different chapters in the four adjoining counties. Depending on what part of the county you lived in as to where you joined. I lived in the center of the county and joined the largest of the bodies which happened to be in Ft. Dodge. Sadly most have turned in their charters and now it is a drive to attend York Rite.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
In SOME states, Cryptic Rite Masonry is separate from York Rite Masonry; NO proof that AP was a Cryptic Rite Mason... BUT! the CRM "Rituals" ARE included within the York Rite (6th degree leading to the 7th Degree; ROYAL ARCH MASON). I was RAM, 32nd Degree SR/SJ; and I think that WE could review CRM "CLOSER" in R & I. I think CRM is ALSO in the 32 Degree Scottish Rite... will share MORE, later. PERSONALLY, I think CRM is MORE like KGC (MHO). HH! Good Luck!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel he was a York Rite Mason before he was introduced into the Scottish Rite. At one time in America York Rite was wide spread. Every other town had a Chapter some a council. In Iowa at least because I am most familiar there was a Chapter, Council and Commandary in every other county seat. In my home lodge we had York Rite members from four different chapters in the four adjoining counties. Depending on what part of the county you lived in as to where you joined. I lived in the center of the county and joined the largest of the bodies which happened to be in Ft. Dodge. Sadly most have turned in their charters and now it is a drive to attend York Rite.
THANKS, Bro.! AP was ALSO a member of the ODD FELLOWS, STRONG indication of KGC "influence".

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three link chain. In Shreveport there is in the middle of the Hood stands a oddfellows lodge building one of the few that has not been destroyed. It has been kept up and looks like it's still in use. Used to drive by it when I was working. No I am not afraid to drive thru the Hood.

Senior Deacon

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
My, my , L. C. Look at the shape of the picture of the double headed figure with a compass in one hand and a square in the other. Then think of the sun in the tomb that you have posted several times in the Nebraska City cemetery. It's starting to all come together. Cause and effect, chain of events, all this chaos makes prefect sense. Some times we can see the forest for the trees.

"The first learning in the world consisted chiefly in symbols. The wisdom of the Chaldæans, Phœnicians, Egyptians, Jews; of Zoroaster, Sanchoniathon, Pherecydes, Syrus, Pythagoras, Socrates, Plato, of all the ancients, that is come to our hand, is symbolic. It was the mode, says Serranus on Plato's Symposium, of the Ancient Philosophers, to represent truth by certain symbols and hidden images. Thus the secret science and mysterious emblems of initiation were connected with the Heavens, the Spheres, and the Constellations: and this connection must be studied by whomsoever would understand the ancient mind, and be enabled to interpret the allegories, and explore the meaning of the symbols, in which the old sages endeavored to delineate the ideas that struggled within them for utterance, and could be but insufficiently and inadequately expressed by language, whose words are images of those things alone that can be grasped by and are within the empire of the senses " :thumbsup:

I would like to break it down symbol by symbol, but I lack the ability at this time to do it completely.

L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
A book that AP MAY have "enjoyed" was STELLA THEOLOGY & MASONIC ASTRONOMY by Robert Hewitt Brown; written in 1882 or 1884. It IS "on-line" as a reprint; LOTS of symbolism; "google" STELLA THEOLOGY & MASONIC ASTRONOMY. HH!
Good Luck!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
THANKS, Bro.! AP was ALSO a member of the ODD FELLOWS, STRONG indication of KGC "influence".
Especially in Ocala/Silver Springs, Marion county, Florida during that time period, and those there who aided Benjamin, Breckinridge, and Wood's escape from the Union.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread