Tree Carving: Possible KGC Relationship?

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
This is KGC. Probably not the beginning point. You are looking for the map tree. That will be the beginning point.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The tree is probably around 150 years old. There are more carved trees nearby, but so far this one is definitely the oldest, so perhaps the beginning point? View attachment 1389491
Thanks for looking!
Go in the direction, where the "thingy" is pointing... looks like a "GUN"... "Pistols" are KGC and OUTLAWS... HH! Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoss KGC - Thank you so much for your reply. Ok, so I am really new at studying KGC stuff, because honestly I thought none of their stuff was in my area. I need to find some examples of a map tree so I understand what I am looking for.
There are several trees with various things on them. What in particular would be an indicator of a map tree?

This is KGC. Probably not the beginning point. You are looking for the map tree. That will be the beginning point.

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for replying, Rebel. I have another pic of this same tree showing more to the left, that may make that "thingy" look different than a gun. I'll post it (sorry there is a very small tree blocking the view):

Go in the direction, where the "thingy" is pointing... looks like a "GUN"... "Pistols" are KGC and OUTLAWS... HH! Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Floyd Mann had a GREAT web-site, years ago; he HAS "up-dated" it. Another GREAT "site" is KGC - treasureworks.com. HH! Good Luck!

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you much, Rebel. Last time I was on Floyd's site, the links did not work, so thanks for the "heads up".

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's think about this for just a second. If the tree is ~150 years old, and the KGC existed during the Civil War which ended over 150 years ago, why, how, could or even would they have mark such a tiny tree (considering it had even sprouted). And how would such a marking be so easy to read today?

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have two indicators on that beech tree pointing to the right or most likely East. If I had a photograph of the right side near where the small tree is then I may be able to tell you more. I believe if you go eight paces East and then eight paces North you may find the "money" it is referring to most likely cash instead of silver and gold and most likely is not KGC. There may be a "cave" eight paces east and eight paces north? Anyway good luck there is a "money" treasure there somewhere you need to find it.

by the way that beech tree is over 300 years old. Give me the circumference or the diameter and I can tell you almost exactly how old the beech tree is.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoss KGC - Thank you so much for your reply. Ok, so I am really new at studying KGC stuff, because honestly I thought none of their stuff was in my area. I need to find some examples of a map tree so I understand what I am looking for.
There are several trees with various things on them. What in particular would be an indicator of a map tree?

Look for a beech tree with an "8" or "13" on it or the letter "B" also any "arrows" or "snakes" or "turtle heads" or "turtles" or "scars" on trees look inside the scars by taking photos about ten to fifteen feet away from the tree. Then go home and look at them on your computer. There can be a "host" of other signs also. If you find any of the "signs" listed above then you most likely have a "KGC" treasure. Also look for "triangle" or "diamond" shape signs and rocks. Don't remove the rocks as they can lead you to the treasure.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get this... someone please explain...

Wouldn't those marking be much "higher" off the ground if any age was associated with them.
Also...
healing of tree seems lacking. IMO

I admit... I know very little on tree markings but this seems amiss.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get this... someone please explain...

Wouldn't those marking be much "higher" off the ground if any age was associated with them.
Also...
healing of tree seems lacking. IMO

I admit... I know very little on tree markings but this seems amiss.

Once a tree grows large enough to carve initials or anything on them the tree does not grow from the trunk and keep pushing the trunk higher and higher off the ground. Rather it expands outwards and the limbs continue to grow high and higher. Mostly on a trunk of a tree over a hundred years a carving may go an inch or two higher from the ground but they will expand and stretch outwards side to side even more. That is why the letters get stretched bigger than they were when they were carved making them difficult to read. I have seen carvings on beech trees over 280 years old. They do get bigger and wider but for the most part stay in the same general area that they were carved. I have photos of carvings from 1732. I am searching for others in the 1660's but I have not located the tree yet. I have studied a lot on tree carvings and I have been quite successful in making out what they say.

They have tomahawk carvings or knife carvings of Daniel Boone dated 1760 in the museum under the State Capitol Building in Charleston, W.Va. Check it out.

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's think about this for just a second. If the tree is ~150 years old, and the KGC existed during the Civil War which ended over 150 years ago, why, how, could or even would they have mark such a tiny tree (considering it had even sprouted). And how would such a marking be so easy to read today?
Icewing, I say this very politely, the KGC still have sentinels that are actively re-marking trees where necessary.
I have one site where a tree was re-marked ( a different tree) just within the last 10-15 years. This was done after a natural gas line took out all the magnolias that were marked except one. When I found the new mark I was a little shook up. Can't say more at this time, so don't listen to that rubbish about the KGC being done and over with.

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have two indicators on that beech tree pointing to the right or most likely East. If I had a photograph of the right side near where the small tree is then I may be able to tell you more. I believe if you go eight paces East and then eight paces North you may find the "money" it is referring to most likely cash instead of silver and gold and most likely is not KGC. There may be a "cave" eight paces east and eight paces north? Anyway good luck there is a "money" treasure there somewhere you need to find it.

by the way that beech tree is over 300 years old. Give me the circumference or the diameter and I can tell you almost exactly how old the beech tree is.
Thank you, Franklin. There could be a cave. I will have to investigate that. I do have a pic of further right of that tree:

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From where you took that photo I would go to the right maybe up a ridge. It has 8 lines a couple of times with one pointing down from the ridge about 6 paces, rods or something with 6 and the 6 usually represents silver. I would look around closely to the right for other signs or markers.

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Franklin. Interesting. I wish I had your knowledge!
Yes, there is a ridge, however if would be to the left from where this pic was taken.
From the first pic I took, the ridge would be directly behind you..... and to the right would be west.
Do you mean to look to the right close to the tree, maybe around the base? Or just keep going right until you came to something else? Going this direction leads you to a line of several more beech trees with carvings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread