possible markers found in Utahs great salt lake desert

LordSoros

Oct 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out wandering the desert of western utah when i came upon this ring of rocks. It was around 10 feet in diameter had no sign of fire use, and had 2 rocks not from the area stacked in the middle (pictured), the top rock seems to be arrow shaped. 100 yards from this circle hidden behind an outcropping i came upon an old post with a can nailed to it. The rock outcropping also seems to have an interesting pointy shape on the top left. 50-75 yards from this first post, further up into the hills, i found a second post but with a larger can nailed to hit. I tried grabbing the can and it fell apart in my hands.

I am 100% newb to treasure signs. As it was these signs that have begun my journey into the hobby. Is it possible i have found some markers? Also, any utahns? i'm looking for a partner.

circle_Clean1.PNG

post_Clean.PNG

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detect around the area! It's looks like an burial plot maybe by indians. Check the history of the area. Personally i wouldn't dig up graves though.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Check a map to see if this could be close to a Section Corner. I left 100 small circles of rocks around survey points in central Tx. in the 70's. Makes them easier to find when you come back. 100 plus year ago, a surveyor might have done the same thing. 10' is about the size you'd need to set up a tripod and walk around it without bumping it. The posts could be the actual Corner. Then again it could be some sort or medicine ring. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread