CONFEDERATE GOLD IN DANVILLE, VA.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drove them all the way to Danville, the last capital city of the confederacy and they probably had a smoke of all the excellent tobacco of south side Virginia, "the land of the tobacco leaf". LOL

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there is alot of people on this forum that knows more about treasure hunting than I do. Just how does a person go about Proving that there is an actual treasure at a particular site without digging? Is that possible? What are the facts that I need? I have found alot of clues, but is that enough?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what she said! I've given too many clues already, but you haven't realized it! I don't know, but there is something buried there! When a lawyer tells me , he can't help me , he knows something! He was the head of the historical society. Initials on the stone are JS. Wonder who that was?

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel, sorry to burst your bubble, but I seriously doubt Jeb could either carve or place the rock at the supposedly treasure site. He was not around at any time. Killed at the battle at Yellow Tavern. I believe rock was placed after the war was over. Do not know a specific date, but maybe the same time the supposedly treasure was buried, when the treasure train arrived in Danville. The freemasons must buried it then? When I dug the rock, the top was only thing you could see. Who else could have put it there?

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody is talking about it! I quit talking to the people that should know. I'm talking to this forum because to get it off my chest, at least some on this forum believe it's possible!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel, sorry to burst your bubble, but I seriously doubt Jeb could either carve or place the rock at the supposedly treasure site. He was not around at any time. Killed at the battle at Yellow Tavern. I believe rock was placed after the war was over. Do not know a specific date, but maybe the same time the supposedly treasure was buried, when the treasure train arrived in Danville. The freemasons must buried it then? When I dug the rock, the top was only thing you could see. Who else could have put it there?
Jeb wouldn't/couldn't... BUT! OTHERS could... yer on yer own.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
WRONG! Jeb was born @ Laurel Hill near STUART, Va. in Patrick County. He could have had others do it for him; dunno. Take "pic" of rock/stone; yer on yer own.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that would be a long stretch, wished it was true! I now live in Stuart. His homeplace was called Laurel Hill. I should have said that in my previous thread. Jeb was not a freemason. Can you make any other guess?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, on the Albert Pike thread, you have said there were 3 treasures, do you think or know if they were buried all at the same time? You've said it was 38x38 would that be large enough for all the treasures? How about near the old clerk's office on 57 going towards Chatham, circa 1760? I found clues there of masons.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, on the Albert Pike thread, you have said there were 3 treasures, do you think or know if they were buried all at the same time? You've said it was 38x38 would that be large enough for all the treasures? How about near the old clerk's office on 57 going towards Chatham, circa 1760? I found clues there of masons.

No one of the treasures was buried in May, 1863. I have the exact day but do not recall. I believe the 4th. No as far as large enough for the treasures, Fort Knox is not large enough for all the treasures of the KGC. I have been to the two county seats before Chatham and before Pittsylvania County.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all for sure are wonder how much of KGC buried treasures had been found and how much left to be found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread