CONFEDERATE GOLD IN DANVILLE, VA.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this information is awesome, whether it is 100% or not! I will separate the wheat from the chaff! I believe that all this information has some merit. I like all this background information that is not printed in a book! I thank you all for it! I still believe it was left in Danville, not necessarily buried in graveyards, as has been suggested! Please keep this information coming!

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to reread those two sentences. No disputed claim.
The Vermont bank robbery has nothing to do with the assets of the CSA treasury on April 2, 1865, just unrelated information you are fond of putting out.
You call the CSA treasury final assets as "SCRAP" but have yet to establish the existence of this "alleged" McCubbin $8 million in gold specie out of Richmond by train as being an actual event, and not KGC lore.

ECS, Did I claim anywhere that the Vermont Bank Robbery had anything to do with the Confederate Treasury? NO HELL NO Why do you combine post, combine statements, combine sentences or combine words and make posters out to say something they did not say. Show me where I said it. You can't. I was responding to Honest Samuel when he said there was no Confederate Treasure in the Northern States. Now tell me I am not correct this time by combining this post with another post. You are sick.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS, Did I claim anywhere that the Vermont Bank Robbery had anything to do with the Confederate Treasury? NO HELL NO Why do you combine post, combine statements, combine sentences or combine words and make posters out to say something they did not say. Show me where I said it. You can't. I was responding to Honest Samuel when he said there was no Confederate Treasure in the Northern States. Now tell me I am not correct this time by combining this post with another post.
You are sick.
Where have I "combine post, combine statements, combine sentences or combine words" Franklin that made you say something you didn't say?
My POSTs# 277 & 280 were in response to your statements concerning J Frank Carroll and the McCubbin 8 million KGC lore tale.
POST # 280 is where I recommended that you reread POST# 277, due to your misunderstanding of the content, and I also mentioned that the Vermont bank robbery had nothing to do with the CSA treasury assets on April 2, 1865, and that your reference to it was "unrelated information" to the current discussion.

Now please explain that "You are sick" remark, and why you felt the need to make it, Franklin.
You do realize that derogatory name calling remarks of another during a civil discussion indicates a lack of substance of the namecaller's claims of factual credibility.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since all this great information, I would like to know what Brad Melzer did when he was there? Did he find something or actually learned something?

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad Meltzer did nothing. He entertained two treasure hunters trying to make a name for themselves by listening to two "X" partners of mine. They stole my information went to Hillbilly Bob Brewer of Arkansas and John London of Texas and gave them information that I had worked years in researching. Their only problem, I only gave them about 1/2 of the information from my research. I did not give them everything. Plus I did not find the locations of the treasures until about 4 years after they departed on their "historical Journey" that never happened. They even sent my brother and myself to Richmond to do research while on the very same day, they got J. Frank Carroll to go with them to talk to the Mayor, City Council and the City Attorney of Danville, Virgina, so as they could go to the cemetery and dig up the treasure. I told my two "X" partners that if they ever attempted to do that, the city would turn them down COLD. And they did. Hillbilly Bob Brewer and John London knew nothing about the treasures buried in Danville, Virginia. Other than what my two double crossing partners told him. I have a copy of the E-Mail they sent to him requesting his help on his blogsite.

I have also contacted Brad Meltzer years ago after their arrival in Danville in 2010. All Brad Meltzer wants is his own fame and fortune. I told him I knew where the treasures were buried and needed his help to get to the treasures. All he wanted was a stupid film for him to get famous. He was not worried at all about recovering any treasure. I have gone the distance. There was no help there from anyone other than the thieves and crooks that were looking out for themselves. That is the very reason I took down my last few post. I can not stand the naysayers when I know I have the damn facts to verify everything I say.

Here is a letter of a meeting my partner and I had in Richmond, Virginia. Do any of you think, I would contact the Governor of Virginia, if I were not definitely positive about my research. I have even contacted President Obama 4 times, Vice President Biden and even the President Obama's wife, the First Lady and White House Security. Along with about every member of Congress and Senate, Treasury Department the Office of Land Management, the Veteran's Administration and the National Cemetery Administration. Name them I have been there. Governor McDonnell.png

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I have gone the distance. There was no help there from anyone other than the thieves and crooks that were looking out for themselves.
That is the very reason I took down my last few post. I can not stand the naysayers when I know I have the damn facts to verify everything I say.
It is rather fortunate that I posted quotes of those posts before you took them down, but retained the "You are sick" insult post.
Still waiting for your justification on that comment.

Returning to your tale of Captain Sam McCubbin during the days before the fall of Richmond and the $8 million in gold specie he supposedly load in a train that headed south, McCubbin's duty during that period was involved in rounding up deserters from Richmond Confederate units, which is documented with records that still exist.
Also records of his activities during 1861 Baltimore riots and his visit to the hotel room of a sick Confederate spy that was noted in Allan Pinkerton's agency records.
When one claims to be the "ONLY" source of a treasure story, such as the $8 million gold specie McCubbin tale, it has the ting of all those myriad stories churned out in the treasure magazines in the '50's and '60's that were more fiction than fact.

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is rather fortunate that I posted quotes of those posts before you took them down, but retained the "You are sick" insult post.
Still waiting for your justification on that comment.

Returning to your tale of Captain Sam McCubbin during the days before the fall of Richmond and the $8 million in gold specie he supposedly load in a train that headed south, McCubbin's duty during that period was involved in rounding up deserters from Richmond Confederate units, which is documented with records that still exist.
Also records of his activities during 1861 Baltimore riots and his visit to the hotel room of a sick Confederate spy that was noted in Allan Pinkerton's agency records.
When one claims to be the "ONLY" source of a treasure story, such as the $8 million gold specie McCubbin tale, it has the ting of all those myriad stories churned out in the treasure magazines in the '50's and '60's that were more fiction than fact.

No, that about the $8 Million in gold specie came right out of the newspaper at that time in history. Kathleen Kilpatrick of the Virginia Department of Historical Research wanted a copy of the newspaper article. She said her and her staff and no one has a copy of newspaper stating that fact. I gave her the original copy but I retain copies of the original. The meeting was arranged by the then Governor McDonnell of Virginia.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could but I won't. Find it yourself. You seem to know how to do everything. Prove it.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you referencing THE NEW YORK TIMES, Monday, May 1, 1865 article: RICHMOND ,VIRGINIA "That notorious rebel, Sam McCubbin, who played an important part in the riots at Baltimore, since that time has been chief in the detective squad of the rebel government, returned to Richmond on Saturday and reported in person to the Provost Marshall".
This rest of the article does not mention $8 million in gold specie, nor a treasure train, but what is does mention is that Sam McCubbin was a "detective" for the Confederacy not a "provost marshall" as you stated in your deleted posts, and after the April 2 fall of Richmond, reported in person to the Union Provost Marshall of Richmond

The "I could but I won't" sounds more like you can't.
'NUFF SAID!

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NONONONO

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No, that about the $8 Million in gold specie came right out of the newspaper at that time in history. Kathleen Kilpatrick of the Virginia Department of Historical Research wanted a copy of the newspaper article.
She said her and her staff and no one has a copy of newspaper stating that fact.
I gave her the original copy but I retain copies of the original.
The meeting was arranged by the then Governor McDonnell of Virginia.
For clarification, Franklin, you are stating that you gave Kathleen Kilpatrick a June-May, 1865 contemporary newspaper that states per you quote:
"Three days before President Jefferson Davis left Richmond, Provost Marshall and high member of the KGC, Sam McCubbin, took $8 Million in gold specie by train our if Richmond to some point South".

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For clarification, Franklin, you are stating that you gave Kathleen Kilpatrick a June-May, 1865 contemporary newspaper that states per you quote:
"Three days before President Jefferson Davis left Richmond, Provost Marshall and high member of the KGC, Sam McCubbin, took $8 Million in gold specie by train our if Richmond to some point South".

April, 1865

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
AND! Beale Treasure was stated to have been buried in Old City Cementery, off of 5th Street in town here; L'burg...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That a Richmond newspaper in April 1865 printed an account of $8 Million in gold specie being shipped out of Richmond by train appears unbelievable, as Richmond fell April 2, 1865, and it is highly doubtful that this article was written and published in a newspaper after April 2,1865.
This reads like another "my Confederate grandfather told me he buried a large iron box full of gold coins" tall tale that got embellished in the pulp treasure magazines, which you have mentioned that published some of your articles.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a letter of a meeting my partner and I had in Richmond, Virginia. Do any of you think, I would contact the Governor of Virginia, if I were not definitely positive about my research...
View attachment 1847981
More important, is how Kathleen S Kilpatrick responded to this 2010 meeting, and what, if anything she or Virginia pursued after this meeting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread