CONFEDERATE GOLD IN DANVILLE, VA.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
They could do nothing because of it being on City owned Property.

Of course its always the I know treasure is there but unable to retrieve because of one reason or another.
If Kathleen S Kilpatrick believed your information that CSA treasure was at the location you gave her, she had the power of the Virginia state government over that city to retrieve historic artifacts of Virginia.
'NUFF SAID

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
AND! Beale Treasure was stated to have been buried in Old City Cementery, off of 5th Street in town here; L'burg...

It is curious that you brought the Beale Papers pamphlet dime novel into this discussion, considering the highly questionable embellished speculative information like" 60% pure sandcast gold and silver bars placed in 30 gal Boone's salt brine pots carried to Bedford county in false bottom wagons" that was posted as "fact" by Franklin on the TN Beale threads.
It is due to these imaginative fabrications that cause the "only I know" undocumented "facts" suspect.

*NOTE* The 1885 Beale Papers pamphlet published by James Beverly Ward is the ONLY source of the Beale perilous adventure/treasure tale, and none of what is listed above appears in the narrative story.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course its always the I know treasure is there but unable to retrieve because of one reason or another.
If Kathleen S Kilpatrick believed your information that CSA treasure was at the location you gave her, she had the power of the Virginia state government over that city to retrieve historic artifacts of Virginia.
'NUFF SAID

You make everything sound so simple. But sorry the State government has no jurisdiction over City property.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is curious that you brought the Beale Papers pamphlet dime novel into this discussion, considering the highly questionable embellished speculative information like" 60% pure sandcast gold and silver bars placed in 30 gal Boone's salt brine pots carried to Bedford county in false bottom wagons" that was posted as "fact" by Franklin on the TN Beale threads.
It is due to these imaginative fabrications that cause the "only I know" undocumented "facts" suspect.

*NOTE* The 1885 Beale Papers pamphlet published by James Beverly Ward is the ONLY source of the Beale perilous adventure/treasure tale, and none of what is listed above appears in the narrative story.

The Jury is still out on this treasure. You just may be wrong again. As usual.

I am about like Friedman, Monday Tuesday Wednesday, I believe the treasure story is real. Thursday Friday and Saturday, I believe the story is a hoax. on Sunday, I can't seem to decide one way or the other. But I am gathering more facts every day. Some day we will know for sure.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

NOPE! What I quoted were the FACTS, Jack!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You make everything sound so simple. But sorry the State government has no jurisdiction over City property.

The State of Virginia Board if Resources can institute a state stewardship or an easement stewardship on any property, private or public, if deemed essential and viable for the preservation of Virginia history.
A more Draconian measure, the State of Virginia could invoke eminent domain on said property in the name of historic importance with fair compensation to owner, be it city or private.

I never claimed it was a simple process, just that Kathleen S Kilpatrick did not execute any further action based on the information you provided.

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The State of Virginia Board if Resources can institute a state stewardship or an easement stewardship on any property, private or public, if deemed essential and viable for the preservation of Virginia history.
A more Draconian measure, the State of Virginia could invoke eminent domain on said property in the name of historic importance with fair compensation to owner, be it city or private.

I never claimed it was a simple process, just that Kathleen S Kilpatrick did not execute any further action based on the information you provided.

No she said the information was valid and looked good. But they had no authority to enter any cemetery whether private or City owned. So Mack Jack or whatever. Forget it.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No, that about the $8 Million in gold specie came right out of the newspaper at that time in history. Kathleen Kilpatrick of the Virginia Department of Historical Research wanted a copy of the newspaper article.
She said her and her staff and no one has a copy of newspaper stating that fact.
I gave her the original copy but I retain copies of the original.
The meeting was arranged by the then Governor McDonnell of Virginia.
So which treasure story did you present to Kathleen S Kilpatrick- The $8 Million McCubbin tale from an alleged April 1865 newspaper article, or the KGC maps to 58 KGC treasure depositories in a Confederate soldiers grave in Danville?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, that about the $8 Million in gold specie came right out of the newspaper at that time in history. Kathleen Kilpatrick of the Virginia Department of Historical Research wanted a copy of the newspaper article. She said her and her staff and no one has a copy of newspaper stating that fact. I gave her the original copy but I retain copies of the original. The meeting was arranged by the then Governor McDonnell of Virginia.
Kathleen and her staff knows more then they are letting on. Many newspapers back then and up to date are untrue. Like Franklin states many times, much of treasures are on government lands. Good hunting and good luck to the many who are seeking theses treasures.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Jury is still out on this treasure. You just may be wrong again. As usual...
Not as often as you, my friend, nor do I post fill in the blanks speculation as "fact" or resort to insults when my facts are question as you have exhibited time and again.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a Connecticut Yankee, I am not much interesting in the Civil War Treasures, except that the war should never happen. God bless those on both sides, who lost their lives, or was injury or lost their home and lands. By watching the national news, we may have a another war.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Kathleen and her staff knows more then they are letting on. Many newspapers back then and up to date are untrue. Like Franklin states many times, much of treasures are on government lands. Good hunting and good luck to the many who are seeking theses treasures.
Honestly, Samuel, do you actually believe a Southern newspaper would actually print this during the month of April 1865:
"Three days before President Jefferson Davis left Richmond, Provost Marshall and high member of the KGC, Sam McCubbin, took $8Million in gold specie by train out of Richmond to some point South", after the April 2 fall of Richmond with the Union army in pursuit of Davis and cabinet and all Confederate papers and assets?
It has been proven that McCubbin was NOT a Provost Marshall, but a member of "the detective squad of the Rebel government", and if the Confederacy had $8 Million in gold specie, why were they in debt to English and French companies unable to pay for much need munitions and supplies to continue the Cause, and during the Richmond bread riots, Jefferson Davis threw out coins to the starving citizens of the Confederate Capitol?
It is highly suspect that this April 1865 newspaper and article ever really existed, but most likely was mention in an newspaper many years later when CSA treasure lore stories began to emerge in the South.

*NOTE* Lee surrendered on April 9, 1865.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really interesting, thanks for the information! It's hard for me to believe Yankees didn't capture the trains ! Wonder why they didn't? Just sounds fishy? But with talk of all this treasure my supposedly vault site would be large enough! LOL

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Yankees could not get through to the trains. General Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia was between the Yankees and the railroad. Not until April 27, 1865 was the Yankees able to enter Danville, Virginia. That being 18 days after General Robert E. Lee surrendered his Army to General Ulysses S. Grant at the Mead Home on April 9, 1865.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No she said the information was valid and looked good.
But they had no authority to enter any cemetery whether private or City owned...
AS Director of Virginia Department of Historic Resources (DHR) , Kathleen S Kilpatrick had the complete and sole authority to issue a permit under Virginia Law for Archaeological investigations conducted at a historic cemetery, and if it is within a formally chartered cemetery, a court order must be obtained pursuant to Virginia Statutes 57-37.1 ,57-38.2, 57.39.

While Kilpatrick may have told you your information "was valid and looked good", it seems she claimed lack of an authority which she possessed as DHR Director, as an apparent statement to appease you with a reason for not following up on your valid and good information.
"NUFF SAID.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AS Director of Virginia Department of Historic Resources (DHR) , Kathleen S Kilpatrick had the complete and sole authority to issue a permit under Virginia Law for Archaeological investigations conducted at a historic cemetery, and if it is within a formally chartered cemetery, a court order must be obtained pursuant to Virginia Statutes 57-37.1 ,57-38.2, 57.39.

While Kilpatrick may have told you your information "was valid and looked good", it seems she claimed lack of an authority which she possessed as DHR Director, as an apparent statement to appease you with a reason for not following up on your valid and good information.
"NUFF SAID.

Are you trying to be an attorney. Piss poor job. The Court Order had to be obtained by me and not the DHR. To obtain a Court Order, the order has to be filed by myself to the US District Court in Danville, Virginia. Which I could easily do for $350. even without an Attorney. The problem is if the Judge goes again myself and does not give me the Court Order, then I have to pay for all of the US Government Lawyers and all their train of help. That is room and board, air-fare and all other expenses. Do you happen to have a Million Dollars or two to loan me for the expense? Then I will gladly file the $350. Court Order.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If Kathleen S Kilpatrick, Director of Virginia DHR believed that this grave held the alleged important documents of historical importance to the Commonwealth of Virginia that you claimed, the court orders, paperwork, and fees for exhumation of this grave would have been covered by the Virginia DHR as it has established precedence with other sites of historical importance.
It seems the ball was put back in your court with the "money talks, nonsense walks" play.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Do any of you think, I would contact the Governor of Virginia, if I were not definitely positive about my research.
I have even contacted President Obama 4 times, Vice President Biden and even the President Obama's wife, the First Lady and White House Security.
Along with about every member of Congress and Senate, Treasury Department the Office of Land Management, the Veteran's Administration and the National Cemetery Administration. Name them I have been there.
You may be "definitely positive " about your research, but that is a very long list you mentioned that are not.
There must be a reason for all this rejection of your research by so many different people and organization beginning with Kathleen S Kilpatrick, Director of Virginia DHR.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread