Jesse James Lived on according to his great granddaughter.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been researching Jesse Woodson James, the Knights of the Golden Circle, Bloody Bill Anderson, and other outlaws and former Quantrill's Guerrillas for the past 12 years. I concluded that the man known as J. Frank Dalton was the real Jesse James about 9 years ago.
This is big news that's been overlooked by Jesse James researchers for many years! Jesse's great granddaughter agrees that Jesse was not killed at St. Joseph by Bob Ford and that the dead man was Charles Bigelow.

(Deleted by mod, rule violation)

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...n+Jesse+James&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

~Texas Jay

Jesse gr-granddaughters testimony - Tabor City NC Tribune - 8-06-1948.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care ine way or another. But what does it matter if he lived on? If I was Jesse James's decendant, that and a couple of bucks would get me a cup of coffee.

CaptnJohn

Sep 4, 2018
SE NC & FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did the same research long ago, before Gore invented the net. Put a lot of miles pulling a camper out west. No one can say for certain but I sure have doubts he died as originally reported.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dalton didn't have the missing finger part...

Yes, he did. Maybe just not on the same finger that traditionalist historians want you to believe. He got into a fight over a girl at a dance when he was a boy and the other boy bit the tip of his finger off. That's according to Dalton/James himself when asked about the missing fingertip on his hand.
~Texas Jay

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care ine way or another. But what does it matter if he lived on? If I was Jesse James's decendant, that and a couple of bucks would get me a cup of coffee.

It makes a world of difference if one is interested in the Knights of the Golden Circle which is the topic of this forum.
~Texas Jay

(Deleted by mod for rule violation)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It makes a world of difference if one is interested in the Knights of the Golden Circle which is the topic of this forum. It's also critical information for those of us who are actively searching for KGC treasure because many of the treasure locations are marked with Jesse James's initials - JJ - with back-to-back Js or what are called Anchor Js.

~Texas Jay

AnchorJcarving1.jpg

Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It makes a world of difference if one is interested in the Knights of the Golden Circle which it the topic of this forum. It's also critical information for those of us who are actively searching for KGC treasure because many of the treasure locations are marked with Jesse James's initials - JJ - with back-to-back Js or what are called Anchor Js.

~Texas Jay

View attachment 1630059

It makes no difference to me. However, your point is taken. I didn't notice the topic and thought I was in General Discussion. Sorry about that.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the same research long ago, before Gore invented the net. Put a lot of miles pulling a camper out west. No one can say for certain but I sure have doubts he died as originally reported.

Your research was also done before DNA testing was available. Now, scientists CAN say for certain, but only if the DNA testing is done correctly (which Professor James Starr's 1995 testing was not).
~Texas Jay

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an old photograph of Jesse James at 14 years of age. This was taken about the time the Redlegs came to the James Farm and tortured Reuben Samuel and young Jesse, trying to get the location of his older brother Frank and Quantrill's band of Guerrillas.
~Texas Jay

JesseJames at 14 - 1.jpg

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yes, he did. Maybe just not on the same finger that traditionalist historians want you to believe. He got into a fight over a girl at a dance when he was a boy and the other boy bit the tip of his finger off. That's according to Dalton/James himself when asked about the missing fingertip on his hand.
~Texas Jay
Nah... saw his numerous "pics"; just a blood blister.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It makes no difference to me. However, your point is taken. I didn't notice the topic and thought I was in General Discussion. Sorry about that.

I do not believe that is the initials "JJ" for Jesse James. It actually is an anchor telling you to stop, turn back or go another direction. Nothing to do with Jesse James at all. You can find those signs of an anchor all over Kentucky, Tennessee and out West. They did not have road signs that plentiful back then. This only helped travelers from going up the wrong creek or branch.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah... saw his numerous "pics"; just a blood blister.

Ha. A blood blister doesn't last one's entire adult lifetime until they're 103. Look at the identical, long scar that runs from the bottom of Jesse's left sideburn across his left cheek in these photos.
~Texas Jay

JesseJames-scars-Breihan1.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people just never die. He may be robbing banks today and Elvis is still rock and rolling. Jesse James shot off the tip of his finger while reloading his pistol. That is how he got the nickname "Dingus"

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Some people just never die. He may be robbing banks today and Elvis is still rock and rolling. Jesse James shot off the tip of his finger while reloading his pistol. That is how he got the nickname "Dingus"
LOL! took the whole 1st index... not just the tip.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Police Gazette, after examining the Pinkerton Detective Agency's reports and a medical examination and x-rays of J. Frank Dalton, concluded that they matched. People can keep naysaying and clinging to their mythical history until Judgement Day but that doesn't change documented facts.

"
The Police Gazette, a magazine that followed and printed the exploits of the James Gang back in the 1800's, had in their files, copies of the Pinkerton Detective Agency's reports going back to 1874. They listed marks on Jesse's body that were caused by six bullet wounds. In addition, there was a rope burn around his neck, a missing lung, a damaged fingertip and severely burned feet. The Police Gazette requested a complete medical examination including X-rays. To everyone's surprise J. Frank Dalton had the same marks listed in the Pinkerton files. Following an interview with J. Frank Dalton at the newspaper's office in New York in 1950, the next issue of the Police Gazette declared: Jesse James Alive in 1950. "

Quote from the whole story here: Jesse James - J. Frank Dalton?

~Texas Jay

JFrankDalton3.jpg

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
The Police Gazette, after examining the Pinkerton Detective Agency's reports and a medical examination and x-rays of J. Frank Dalton, concluded that they matched. People can keep naysaying and clinging to their mythical history until Judgement Day but that doesn't change documented facts.

"
The Police Gazette, a magazine that followed and printed the exploits of the James Gang back in the 1800's, had in their files, copies of the Pinkerton Detective Agency's reports going back to 1874. They listed marks on Jesse's body that were caused by six bullet wounds. In addition, there was a rope burn around his neck, a missing lung, a damaged fingertip and severely burned feet. The Police Gazette requested a complete medical examination including X-rays. To everyone's surprise J. Frank Dalton had the same marks listed in the Pinkerton files. Following an interview with J. Frank Dalton at the newspaper's office in New York in 1950, the next issue of the Police Gazette declared: Jesse James Alive in 1950. "

Quote from the whole story here: Jesse James - J. Frank Dalton?

~Texas Jay

View attachment 1630469

If'n this link is what you call research, no wonder ain't no one takes it serious. The site yer link goes to is nuthin but a pulp fiction rag. Conspiracy wingnut central. :icon_scratch:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If'n this link is what you call research, no wonder ain't no one takes it serious. The site yer link goes to is nuthin but a pulp fiction rag. Conspiracy wingnut central. :icon_scratch:

Ol' Kentuck... End the attacks !!!!!!!!

Texas Jay has as Much Right as Everyone else here to state their Opinions & Post
on Subjects !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread