Jesse James Lived on according to his great granddaughter.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sedalia weekly bazoo. (Sedalia, Mo.), 13 Aug. 1889

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...ext=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Ol' Kentuck... End the attacks !!!!!!!!

Texas Jay has as Much Right as Everyone else here to state their Opinions & Post
on Subjects !

O'course he does, jest like everone else, as you said. No disrespect intended. Weren't meant as an attack. My apologies fer bad mouthin his link, was jest my opinion an I stand by it. Yer own posts and links are a good example of documenting news articles of the time. Chronicling America documents the articles as they were wrote, without claiming 'em as Facts. Same as you when ye post them. Ye don't claim 'em as true or false, jest put 'em out there an let folks make up their own mind. What I object to is postin' links to wingnut sites an claimin' they're "Documented Fact" then claimin anyone who don't believe their nonsense is a "nasayer clinging to mythical history". In my opinion, which I have a right to like everone else (as you said), that is tryin to mislead folks. Somethin you don't do in yer own posts. Thank ye fer that.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The Police Gazette, after examining the Pinkerton Detective Agency's reports and a medical examination and x-rays of J. Frank Dalton, concluded that they matched. People can keep naysaying and clinging to their mythical history until Judgement Day but that doesn't change documented facts.

"
The Police Gazette, a magazine that followed and printed the exploits of the James Gang back in the 1800's, had in their files, copies of the Pinkerton Detective Agency's reports going back to 1874. They listed marks on Jesse's body that were caused by six bullet wounds. In addition, there was a rope burn around his neck, a missing lung, a damaged fingertip and severely burned feet. The Police Gazette requested a complete medical examination including X-rays. To everyone's surprise J. Frank Dalton had the same marks listed in the Pinkerton files. Following an interview with J. Frank Dalton at the newspaper's office in New York in 1950, the next issue of the Police Gazette declared: Jesse James Alive in 1950. "

Quote from the whole story here: Jesse James - J. Frank Dalton?

~Texas Jay

View attachment 1630469

"Damaged finger-tip"...

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Damaged finger-tip"...

Yes, that's what it says, Rebel. Maybe you'd like to post an authenticated photo of your "Jesse James" that shows anything different? I've viewed every genuine photo of Jesse that's available and have never found one that shows what you claim.
~Texas Jay

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Just "google" Jesse James' "missing finger"; 1st joint of middle finger... (left hand); ONLY way that I "accept" JJ... It happened when he was young & cleaning his pistol.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not seen Jessie James forum since I have been here.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! took the whole 1st index... not just the tip.

Nope, Rebel, can't find such a photo. I searched Yahoo Images for "Jesse James missing finger" and did the same with Google. I've also collected every "genuine" photo of Jesse Woodson James that I've come across in the last 12 years and there's no such photo in my files either. Even ole Charlie Bigelow, who was passed off as being Jesse, wasn't missing any fingers in this death photo. If you have such a photo, Rebel, you can probably retire off of selling it and won't ever have to treasure hunt again if you don't want to. :)
~Texas Jay

CharlieBigelow-aka Jesse James - in casket1.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever seen the affidavits of the men that road with Jesse James? His cook John Trammel, 110 years swore under oath along with several others that J. Frank Dalton was Jesse Woodson James. The book, "The Truth about Jesse James," by Phyllis Argall published in 1953 has the whole story to prove that J. Frank Dalton was in reality Jesse James. The book states that the tip of Jesse James left hand index finger was mutilated but not shot off at the joint. Interesting book. In 1953 cost 35 cents.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Jest fer informational purposes, the Police Gazette was the "National Enquirer" of the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Police_Gazette

" The National Police Gazette, commonly referred to as simply the Police Gazette, was an American magazine founded in 1845. Under publisher Richard K. Fox, it became the forerunner of the men's lifestyle magazine, the illustrated sports weekly, the girlie/pin-up magazine, the celebrity gossip column, Guinness World Records-style competitions, and modern tabloid/sensational journalism."

29445881_6.jpg

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Nope, Rebel, can't find such a photo. I searched Yahoo Images for "Jesse James missing finger" and did the same with Google. I've also collected every "genuine" photo of Jesse Woodson James that I've come across in the last 12 years and there's no such photo in my files either. Even ole Charlie Bigelow, who was passed off as being Jesse, wasn't missing any fingers in this death photo. If you have such a photo, Rebel, you can probably retire off of selling it and won't ever have to treasure hunt again if you don't want to. :)
~Texas Jay

View attachment 1631437
HA! I HAVE found such pics; NEVER sold any pics for "proof". Yes, I am retired, AND! NONE of YOUR business!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Jest fer informational purposes, the Police Gazette was the "National Enquirer" of the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Police_Gazette

" The National Police Gazette, commonly referred to as simply the Police Gazette, was an American magazine founded in 1845. Under publisher Richard K. Fox, it became the forerunner of the men's lifestyle magazine, the illustrated sports weekly, the girlie/pin-up magazine, the celebrity gossip column, Guinness World Records-style competitions, and modern tabloid/sensational journalism."

View attachment 1631496
YOUR point being...

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
YOUR point being...

My point bein' that there magazine article is horse pucky. :wink:

Show me them Pinkerton's reports, and copies o'the medical examination report this Police Gazette rag supposedly had done. Who done tha examination, Hitler's Ghost? :laughing7:

The Police Gazette, after examining the Pinkerton Detective Agency's reports and a medical examination and x-rays of J. Frank Dalton, concluded that they matched. People can keep naysaying and clinging to their mythical history until Judgement Day but that doesn't change documented facts.

"
The Police Gazette, a magazine that followed and printed the exploits of the James Gang back in the 1800's, had in their files, copies of the Pinkerton Detective Agency's reports going back to 1874. They listed marks on Jesse's body that were caused by six bullet wounds. In addition, there was a rope burn around his neck, a missing lung, a damaged fingertip and severely burned feet. The Police Gazette requested a complete medical examination including X-rays. To everyone's surprise J. Frank Dalton had the same marks listed in the Pinkerton files. Following an interview with J. Frank Dalton at the newspaper's office in New York in 1950, the next issue of the Police Gazette declared: Jesse James Alive in 1950. "

Quote from the whole story here: Jesse James - J. Frank Dalton?

~Texas Jay

View attachment 1630469

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions