Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
fenix---

No, I didn't confuse anything. Your posts were addressed to me.

Are there two of you using the same username?

I mean, first you say you are just an open minded neutral party. Then you start attacking me for asking about proof. Then you say I shouldn't ask you for proof, because you aren't an LRL proponent. Then you start posting supposed treasure "finds," and saying how great LRLs are.

Now you are trying to get me to "use" one! I told you before that if I wanted to dowse, I have welding rods. And you insulted me for that answer.

Then you try to say that if I don't believe what you claim about offers to people to "show them how to use LRLs," that I don't care about "the truth."

You have violated so many rules of logic, that I'm not even going to bother pointing them out to you!

As I said before, and now confirm, you are acting out the Predictable Pattern, in the link below, exactly, as anyone can easily observe.

I think that anybody with any common sense would recognize that as pretty darned pitiful.

Are LRLs More Than Just Dowsing?

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Not 2 EE, sometimes 3. When the crew is here I let them look at the forum for laughs. I'll keep them from making comments. And you weren't attacked about proof. I was telling you to see for your self and not take anyone's word for it. If that's attacking you, I apologize.

I have stated that my favorite device is one that I made. I have also given examples of how to make very cheap and simple devices. Carl has done a great job of this also.

I in no way promote the fleecing of Th'ers to the tune of 1,000's of dollars. However I do have over 400. in gold in a set of rods.

Don't start getting paranoid on us now. IF you were to find out that you could "dowse, guess or whatever it's called", maybe you would turn that brain towards working on the problems that reduce the % of finds.

Would you want to be defending a position that was not absolutely correct??? How do you know you are not? Have you been on a hunt with someone that can use dowsing or a LRL?

Do you remember when we went to I/C's? 5 years before that, the idea that vacuum tubes would be replaced was insane. Far more outlandish than the concept of what we are doing.

Now, since I don't sell any of these, and have no allegiance to any makers of the devices (other than Minelab) why would I take this position? As soon as I go out in the field and this doesn't work, I'll say so. I hunt with 4 other people on a regular basis, 2 more on occasion. Here's how it will go. In a hunt area, before we go, someone will go to crossroads and look for responses and get compass headings. If he gets any, someone else will do the same. When I get there, I will do the same. The only info passed was, I've got targets at this location. Then we plan the hunt. What's the odds that 3 people will guess the same bearings??? Random chance??? You may not be able to do this. But I wish you could see it done.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
fenix--- (Are you fenix #1, #2, or #3?)

First of all, it is impossible trying to communicate with you, because there is no way to know which one of you I'm talking to.

With your last post, you are trying to bring up stuff that has already been discussed here, many times before.

In doing so, you are all over the board, on the Predictable Patterns list, on the link below.

Most of all, you are trying to use #4 on the Big Four list, on the same link.

Try posting something which relates to the topic, and also isn't pseudo-logic.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
In doing so, you are all over the board, on the Predictable Patterns list, on the link below.

Most of all, you are trying to use #4 on the Big Four list, on the same link.

Try posting something which relates to the topic, and also isn't pseudo-logic.

Your Predictably list..Your big four list
The topic is Re: Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this? Not your lists

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
artie---

Nice try, but the whole point of the list is to make it easy to point out to people that they are off topic, or that they are proffering misleading information about the topic. Thus avoiding unnecessary arguments.

There is so much of that going on, that a quick and easy way to point it out, and prove it, makes the real posts easier to follow, without all the nonsense posts confusing the issue.

And, I presume that you are here to discuss the topic, straightforwardly and honestly, so why would you not like the list?

I mean, if nobody was doing the stuff on the list, then I wouldn't be mentioning it, would I?

So theoretically, the subject of the list should never come up. So it couldn't bother anyone, anyway.

Except for those who would be guilty of doing those things on the list. And you wouldn't be doing any of those things, would you?

So---no problem, then.

Have a real nice day.

:coffee2:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Re: Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?

Note the question mark..You come in here spinning and twisting and dodging and duck the questions..
Marc the owner of this web site has already published his findings on here..to bad that you can not understand the language that Treasure Hunters speak but that’s the way the cookie crumbles

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
artie---

aarthrj3811 said:
The topic is Re: Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?

Well, the last dozen posts, or more, have been all about me.

When are you going to take your own advice, and talk about the topic?

aarthrj3811 said:
Re: Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?

Note the question mark..You come in here spinning and twisting and dodging and duck the questions..
Marc the owner of this web site has already published his findings on here..to bad that you can not understand the language that Treasure Hunters speak but that’s the way the cookie crumbles

P.S. Your last post, quoted above, was a #21 on the Predictable Patterns of Con Artists list, linked below. Remember, predictability is proof. It's not looking good for you.

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
(G&T-C) = gullible and technically-challenged
JudyH said:
You are assuming that I should feel obligated. Again...I hate to burst your narcissistic bubble...but I couldn't care less. Think what you want, Sugar.

If you could not care less; what exactly is your purpose here........ Sweetheart?

In other words, why spend this amount of time out of your otherwise pitiful and meaningless life making inane comments and senseless retorts.......................... if you couldn't care less?

:dontknow:

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
JH---

Ted Groves said:
If you could not care less; what exactly is your purpose here........ Sweetheart?

In other words, why spend this amount of time out of your otherwise pitiful and meaningless life making inane comments and senseless retorts.......................... if you couldn't care less?

:dontknow:

I asked before about your LRL, and, according to your reply, you don't have one.

And I've never seen you post anything concerning LRLs, either.

So, I think Ted has a very good point there. Exactly what are you doing here?

If you don't post about LRLs, then everything you do post must be off topic. :dontknow:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE THrv~
I asked before about your LRL, and, according to your reply, you don't have one.
And I've never seen you post anything concerning LRLs, either.
So, I think Ted has a very good point there. Exactly what are you doing here?
If you don't post about LRLs, then everything you do post must be off topic.
Thank you again..She is here because she can just like you…Your not a treasure hunter. Never used a LRL..Can not help any treasure hunter with any problems they have,,You do know how to type and make up facts and feel that you should own this web site..Art

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Let's see Art,, that should be number,,,,, to the bone, on the list. Well said.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
artie---

aarthrj3811 said:
~EE THr~
Your not a treasure hunter. ...Can not help any treasure hunter with any problems they have.... Art

You are totally wrong there. I am experienced with metal detectors, and I have helped people on this forum, with the use of their metal detectors, as well as with other things related to treasure hunting.

I am also qualified to evaluate electronics claims, and spot pseudo science. My evaluations have turned out to be accurate in this, as all those making bogus claims about the so-called electronics portions of LRLs have simply refused to answer my legitimate questions concerning standard (real, scientifically proven, and defined) electronics knowledge.

Since I don't dowse, I have no reason to attempt to use an LRL. I think you, yourself, have stated that these devices require a "human interface," or something to that effect. And, if I'm not mistaken, you have recommended practicing dowsing to determine a person's ability to use an LRL, am I right?

You know my stand on both dowsing and LRLs. I have two different opinions there, on the two different concepts.

There are many scientific reasons to conclude that LRLs are no better than simple dowsing with an inexpensive pair of welding rods, or even a forked twig. I feel that if anyone can really prove that LRLs produce any better success than mere dowsing, then more power to them. Feel free to demonstrate real scientific proof of what you claim, at any time.

And that's where I actually stand on the subject.

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
(G&T-C) = gullible and technically-challenged
Sweetheart... I had you figured out a long time ago. I was only asking to see if you would say something to change what I already know about you.

You didn't.

Go back to your knitting.... and leave this topic to those that really know what an LRL is; and what it is not.

:read2:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allo EE: you posted -->So, I think Ted has a very good point there. Exactly what are you doing here?
May I ask just what does Ted do except insult, and very vulgarily, crudely so.?

You, at least are trying, but apparently a bit weak on the human interface factor.

Don Jose de La Mancha

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
RDT---

Actually, I thought I recognized Ted's name as being a long time treasurenet member and hunter. Maybe I'm mistaken. After reading the posts you referred me to on the other thread, I now realize that artie has been here quite awhile, also. It seems that artie used to be much more civilized then, though.

As for me, I don't think I'm bad at interfacing at all. The pattern seems to be that I start out asking a few questions, very politely, and within a few posts I'm getting insults instead of answers. :dontknow:

And of course, not being very appreciative of that sort of behavior, I tend to let them know how I feel about it. But that's life, I guess.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI EE: you posted -->I start out asking a few questions, very politely, and within a few posts I'm getting insults instead of answers
\***************
Sheesh welcome to the crowd. Originally the pro group were relatively polite, but after a sustained barrage from the sceptic fringe group, whether earned or not, they started reacting the same way, I even found myself falling into the same pattern for a bit.

JG was a bit over the top in "Can cameras see gold", as you undoubtedly noticed.

So let's get some more coffee and drown our sorrows.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Don Jose de La Mancha

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
RDT---

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Yup, I get the impression that the fringe group were only interested is disruption. I'm not sure where they were "coming from."

And the JG thing was really weird. He seemed OK, then he just went off like a box of fireworks with the battery bunny in charge---just kept going, and going, and going!

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

L

LandStar

I have seen the insides of some of these LRLs, and from an electronic standpoint...The circuits do nothing but put a resistive load on the batteries to drain them off slowly...some light up some fancy LEDS, show some fancy info on an LCD, or move a needle on a meter, but NONE of them have convinced me to spend 1000+ on one...I think it is all hogwash, and those who do buy them, deserve to lose their money....I do believe in divining rods, but for LRL work, I do not think they would be effective...I have only found things directly under where I am standing when they cross, and usually those things are pipes (gas or water or sewage)...I have never found a coin sized object with them, but would guarantee that if you had a large pile of coins buried, that they would cross over them...

HH,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread