Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~Marc~
Sadly, this is hypothetical...

I know 3 chests of gold are buried - somewhere within 300 acres... at 8 feet deep. There is no (or very little) iron buried with the cache.

How do I locate them?
http://www.okmmetaldetectors.com/products/longrange/bionic01.php
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,280422.0.html
Re: Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?
Reply To This Topic #7 Posted Nov 13, 2009, 04:15:34 PM

Reply To This Topic #12 Posted Nov 25, 2009, 03:20:51 PM

Reply To This Topic #18 Posted Dec 11, 2009, 09:40:35 AM

The answer is yes...Art

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
(G&T-C) = gullible and technically-challenged
aarthrj3811 said:
~Marc~

I know 3 chests of gold are buried - somewhere within 300 acres... at 8 feet deep. There is no (or very little) iron buried with the cache.

How do I locate them?
http://www.okmmetaldetectors.com/products/longrange/bionic01.php
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,280422.0.html
Reply To This Topic #7 Posted Nov 13, 2009, 04:15:34 PM

Reply To This Topic #12 Posted Nov 25, 2009, 03:20:51 PM

Reply To This Topic #18 Posted Dec 11, 2009, 09:40:35 AM

The answer is yes...Art

Talk is cheap. Prove it..... without first placing the silver dollar under the rock, before you started filming.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~TED~
Talk is cheap. Prove it..... without first placing the silver dollar under the rock, before you started filming.

Sorry that all the proof that LRL’s do indeed work is not acceptable to you..I have not saw any proof that someone placed a silver dollar under a rock...I have read a bunch of excuses as to how skeptics think they know how treasure is found...Art

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
aarthrj3811 said:
~TED~

Sorry that all the proof that LRL’s do indeed work is not acceptable to you..I have not saw any proof that someone placed a silver dollar under a rock...I have read a bunch of excuses as to how skeptics think they know how treasure is found...Art

...you have not saw any proof?

...you have read a bunch of excuses as to how skeptics think they know how treasure is found ?

:icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

:dontknow:

Have you ever thought of asking for grammatical help from one of the capped crusaders that are here to protect and look over your kind? :thumbsup:

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
The average ventriloquist can easily make it appear the “dummy” is talking out of its mouth. Exceptional, is the “dummy” that can speak while smoking a cigar, because then she is forced to utter imperfect sounds from other less intelligible orifices.

:hello: :coffee2:

:read2:

Attachments

• 01A01.jpg
    01A01.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 389

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~TED~
Have you ever thought of asking for grammatical help from one of the capped crusaders that are here to protect and look over your kind?
No I have not. I do not need the kind of help that you capped crusaders are pretending to give us....I live in the real world..Art

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 387
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ted: you posted -->forced to utter imperfect sounds from other less intelligible orifices.

?? Odd, but I thought that the message sent was very clear, considering your fascination with it???

Don Jose de La Mancha

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
aarthrj3811 said:
~TED~
Have you ever thought of asking for grammatical help from one of the capped crusaders that are here to protect and look over your kind?
No I have not. I do not need the kind of help that you capped crusaders are pretending to give us....I live in the real world..Art

LOL Your postings say otherwise.... :laughing7:

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This looked like an interesting topic, but all I see is a bunch of people being rude because you can't get everyone to agree with youre point of view. Can't you make an intelligent argument without resulting to being rude? Or is that as far as your intellegence will alow you to go?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even recall if I have made a post on this thread, but I wish to speak my mind.

I have been into dowsing for over thirty years and LRL's nearly twenty-five. I understand that people have a huge misconception about LRL's. I guess people want to believe that when an L-rod points a certain direction they believe there should be a treasure there 100% of the time. Obviously that is not the case, but surprizingly many walk past the treasure after they have convinced themself "It can't possibly be there". Those stinking skeptics inject poison into people's subconscious and the gullible believe them. This is so near what is written in religious books about the Garden of Eden. That is when man accepted reason and logic what is called "comparative knowledge". It's not reality. Here is an example of comparative knowledge: put your hand in ice water for a few minutes.Then put your hand in 50 degree water and you will feel like it is "warm". That is not reality, it is just comparative knowledge. Some people claim mathematics is God. I call them atheist skeptics.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ancient sages called this "The Great Deceiver". Others referred to it as the devil or the serpant that tempted Eve with the forbidden fruit. The fruit that would allow them to know good from evil--comparative knowledge. The Great Deceiver is the mind.

It is the human brain that "makes sense of the senses". What you think you see hear, etc. is not real. What you see is not what is "out there". Your brain conjures up the images. This is why the ancient sages warned people not to trust the five senses. Of course this is opposite of what is known as "direct perception".

Last edited:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
So, Signal, would anyone risk screwing up their new age spirituality by buying your MFD-LRL apparatus, when to ascend to your altitude on the holiness ladder they should dispense with such nonsense and simply rely on "direct perception"?

--Toto

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other

How do I locate them?

This is the official re-opening of the TreasureNet Long Range Locator Forum.

PLEASE NOTE: As the administrator, creator and owner of this site, I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE GET RIPPED OFF (defrauded) by people selling so-called "long range locators" (devices, that supposedly, can find precious metals at a distance). I HIGHLY recommend consulting a geophysicist ($100 in consulting fees could save you thousands, and you'll learn something!), before spending ONE DIME ON ANY "long range locator" . With that, I open this forum to the discussion of said devices.

Well, since the LRL crowd know they have nothing useful to contribute the "Marc Austin Challenge", that leaves it open to everyone else by LRL forfeit. So, let's look at what there is that might be helpful.

1. Ordinary research and reasoning about the story being followed up on, could lead to clues which narrow it down (or better yet, might lead to the conclusion the things were dug up two centuries ago and ain't there no mo, sparing the TH'er yet another wild goose chase).

2. Satellite imagery is becoming part of "ordinary research", and could well provide clues about more likely and less likely places to look for a cache. The "photo" itself won't tell you much, the important part is understanding what you're looking at. .....In some places, there is airborne photogrammetry etc. available to augment satellite imagery.

3. Three hundred acres is nearly half a square mile (and a bit more than a square kilometer). There is various portable geophysical and metal detecting apparatus which might be capable of detecting the caches, and that kind of apparatus keeps getting better.

4. The problem with the portable geophysical & metal detecting apparatus, is that to cover 300 acres, you've got a lot of work ahead of you. That sucks. Even if prior research has narrowed the area worth searching down 100 acres, it's still a lot of work. That's still over 4 million square feet, and if you figure a 4 foot wide search path, that's over 200 miles to cover presumably on foot. At 1 mile per hour, that's 200 hours-- 5 weeks of full time work. Five weeks to search for three gold caches may sound like a worthwhile risk to someone who's serious about such stuff, but to lazy butts it's unthinkable.

5. This makes shortcut methods of locating a tempting proposition. Things like dowsing and Ouija boards. Problem is, those things aren't very reliable, and worse yet tend to lead into delusional thinking. For good reason the wisdom branch of the Judeo-Christian and most other religious traditions generally discourages or outright condemns practices that might be regarded as "magical". Wisdom is rightly skeptical: indeed without skepticism, no wisdom is even possible because the ability to discard malarkey has itself been discarded in favor of beliefs entertained to satisfy emotion-based desires. Notice that I am not saying that magical methods do not work, what I am saying is that for most people they are worse than worthless and that's an opinion that's been around for thousands of years. This very forum is a first class zoo exhibit of the kind of evidence that has informed the wisdom tradition on this matter throughout the ages.

6. So, suppose you want to use "magical methods" with your eyes wide open to admitting to what they really are and what the dangers are. And, for the sake of argument, let's say that the method you want to rely on is on-site dowsing. You can dowse it yourself, you can hire a dowser whom you think actually gets results better than random chance, or pile on with several dowsers including yourself and see if any two people get hits on the same spots.

7. You might try doing some followup scientific instrument investigation of spots that magical methods pointed out as promising, but at some point for the exercise to ever produce anything, you're gonna have to get dirty and dig. Hard work: it sucks. And a lot of the time, you get a dry hole. For some reason, locates done by relying on magical methods surprisingly often produce a supposed locate that for some reason can't actually be dug. Go figure.

8. Many an actual dig has led to nothing, either because there was never anything there in the first place, because it was there but has been removed, or because the actual dig was done wrong and therefore did not retrieve what was or is still there.

* * * * * * * AND THEN THERE'S LRL's * * * * * * * *

"LRL" is an acronym for "Long Range Locator". Apparatus which is not fraudulent is not identified either by the manufacturer or by LRL fans as "LRL": therefore this term refers specifically to apparatus which "skeptics" say is fraudulent and the LRL proponents know the same thing but refuse to admit it either because they've got skin in the money game or because they got suckered and admitting to that fact is painful.

The difference between dowsing rods and LRL's is that the latter incorporate bogus electronic stuff and then the fans claim it isn't really dowsing, even though the dowsing rods are there in plain view. (There is a narrow class of fraudulent locating apparatus LRL stuff that can't even be dowsed with, and it's the fact you can't even dowse with it that relegates it to such minority status.) So-called "MFD" does not change this picture, it is a key part of the big picture and helps to illustrate the fraudulent character of LRL's.

I have already pointed out the problems with dowsing. If you want to go that route, do NOT be a gullibilly, but keep your critical thinking skills about you when reasoning about results even if you have to temporarily step into non-critical mode to do the actual dowsing (since it requires subconscious activity unblocked by conscious activity). You can't dowse while you're doing your income tax return, but if you're investing in months of hard work to retrieve a possible cache of gold, you darn well better use conscious reasoning to interpret results and manage the execution of the project.

If you go the LRL route, you have really shot yourself in the foot. Right off the bat, you've invested in denying that what you're doing is dowsing, and pretending that you have a scientific sort of instrument which you just plain ain't got. Even if it turns out you can dowse using the thing, which isn't likely, by denying that it's dowsing you will misinterpret the results and ruin your ability to use information to manage the execution of the project. And, like I said, LRL's are fraudulent to begin with anyhow, so introducing LRL's into a recovery project is like hiring a crooked account to manage the financing of the operation. Why hire a known crooked accountant when an honest one would do?

The worthlessness of LRL's is on display right here on this forum. Compare this forum to the dowsing forum! On the dowsing forum there is debate over what techniques work better than others, and why-- most of it not very scientific, since most of the people who practice dowsing have no background in science. And if results of blinded dowsing are better than chance, there is no accepted scientific explanation for that, in fact not even acceptance that such is the case. It's obvious to me that most of the dowsing that's reported on the dowsing forum is by people who quite literally don't know how to tell the difference between success and failure, which is unfortunately the prevailing human condition. Despite all these problems with dowsing, on the dowsing forum you can find coherent two-way conversations, and little assertion of outright fraud.

The LRL forum is a whole different animal. Some who post there assert (without fear of rational contradiction) that the things are outright fraudulent. And the LRL promoters/defenders usually post incoherent babble, as you have seen in this very thread. Among the few stories of recoveries, you can take your pick: story so incoherent you can't even tell what the story is supposed to be; stories that are outright laughable; and at least one which is provably a photoshop-type fake. Credible recovery stories virtually nonexistent, and of those a person should usually begin with the understanding that the LRL didn't actually play a useful role in the recovery. ........The huge contrast between dowsing and LRLing becomes particularly evident in the case of a particular fellow who posts in both forums. He's often taken by newbies in the LRL forum to be in the middle stages of Alzheimer's, whereas when he posts on the dowsing forum you can usually figure out what he said, the guy may be a little off his rocker but no evidence he's actually senile. The whole story of what kind of thinking produces LRL's and what LRL's do to the brains of people who defend them, is right there in plain view in the forum itself, in the posts of the LRL proponents.

I'll put it another way. There are honest dowsing rod manufacturers, but there are no honest LRL manufacturers (in the conventional sense of that word). What there is in most cases of LRL manufacture, is advertising which makes it obvious that the manufacturer knows the thing is a fraud just like the "skeptics" say it is. So at least those who want "truth in advertising" can find it. Like I occasionally tell whiners, I don't need to buy an LRL to test it, the manufacturer already provided the necessary information.

--Toto

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the first line of Sam Woof's post and started to gag. Marc was into Ouija boards. That spiritualism garnbage is so far away from LRL's, it is humorous. I'll answer his question: Yes. Every LRL ever made can find treasure IF the operator learns how to use it properly. Some people take longer than others to learn and most people should get some training from an instructor. Some people are never going to learn no matter what happens because they cannot overcome their negativity. Surprizingly some LRL manufacturers cannot use other equipment because they don't want it to work. Multiply this ten times for almost any metal detector manufacturer--the pompous, elitist types are the worst. the kind that think they are superior and feel it is okay to cut in line, etc. like the ones on this forum. The ones who think they should not have to practice. It's against their ego, their pride, their prestige, their monetary gain. "Pride" is the worst of these. Like the saying goes, "Prostitute the intellect to defend the ego." You will never find a better example of this than right here on this forum.

As for my posts on comparative knowledge (actually direct perception), I am not finished with the discussion. It just goes to show that some people want to believe this is about religion. That's how unlearned this bunch of skeptics is. They cannot understand, they cannot conceive what I am talking about. Like a broken record stuck on stupid, stupid, stupid...

Last edited:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
So, Mike, back to the question: "Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?"

If so, which one?

--Toto

PS: and Mike, the next time Art mentions that RangerTell, give him a stern lecture that he should be relying on "direct perception" and not those fraudulent swivelly thingies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions