Opinions on these LRLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who doesn't understand what I am talking about the "Natural Selection Process" just look at the replies on this thread. I put it right there in front of their face and they still can't see.

Oh, I see it perfectly alright. You are saying that only those people who were given "God's gift" should bother buying an LRL because they only work for those people. Funny, the LRL manufacturers' web sites never talk about God, meditation, or needing some sort of gift to use their product. You appear to be the only one making that claim.

So I guess Oye should consider this when thinking about buying an LRL. If God didn't give him the "gift" then maybe he shouldn't spend his money. After all, we can't all be as pious and deserving as signal_line.

Just remember: If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

Translation: Quoting scripture in an attempt to make others feel less about themselves does not make us better in the eyes of God. It makes us hypocrites.

OP
OP
O

Oye

Greenie
Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dont ****ing worry people, Ive already given up the LRL idea or at least I realize most of them are scams and I guess expensive LRLs from China are among them.

Holy Magic LRLs.

At the same time I recognize like Art that some of them may work and you should test them beforehand.

But I would prefer if one could order the government or NASA to scan trough an area of like 10 square kilometeres with a satelitte equipped with a electromagnetic pulse that can detect gold :laughing7:

Apart from being a bit wishful in thinking I just hate the thought of having to searching trough all that land to find gold.

I guess its also not simply laziness. Heck, I calculated that if you use a detector that you swing and scan one square meter and go one kilometre to search, then that may take you 20 minutes.

One square kilometre is 20 minutes multiplied with 1000; 20 000 minutes or 333 hours or actually 27 days.

10 square kilometeres would be a year. While it definitely helps to search systematically it takes some time..

Damn, we need a genius who can make gold hunting easier...

The best "LRL" is probably your brain which can deduce where you find gold and where its unlikely.
And prevents you from wasting your money on BS so you cant afford any real detector to find any gold :laughing7:

Thats a LRBSD - Long Range Bullshit Detector :laughing7:

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont ****ing worry people, Ive already given up the LRL idea or at least I realize most of them are scams and I guess expensive LRLs from China are among them.

Don't fret it. We aren't arguing for your sake anymore. It is clear that you have made up your own mind and that is what really counts. You just have to understand that this is a very heated topic. Asking if "LRL's really work" is like asking which is better... Ford or Chevy? If it doesn't end up in a fist fight then something must be seriously wrong.

Good luck! I hope you find the gold! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
O

Oye

Greenie
Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks a lot for advice guys. I guess I needed it.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I did my job, too. LOL You know, you might want to brush up on your arithmetic. There's a million square meters in one square kilometer. I pretty much guess you know that. How about in one topo map? Getting close to Powerball jackpot odds. BTW, I usually tell people to buy a low cost unit to start out. That might be all you need. When you start getting into all kinds of extra features, it can multiply you confusion.

He accounted for the 1 million square meters by multiplying the km number by 1000. 1km = 1000m. So 1km * 1000m does indeed equal 1 million square meters. In other words, his math is sound.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question: Would you let someone who can't golf tell you what golf clubs to buy? How about LRL's?

Question: Would you let someone who knows absolutely nothing about electronics tell you that the electronics in an LRL can be impacted by the use of meditation?

Question: Would you let someone who won't even answer a simple question about their beliefs tell you that you should just blindly trust their beliefs?

Question: Why do I even bother?

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to get something straight here. I am not selling anything and I think I did a good job at convincing a couple people that they probably had misconceptions on what it takes to operate an LRL that uses L-rods. I said I think some form of meditation is essential if you are going to be using L-rods. No one has to agree with me on this. I am not here to try to convince anyone that LRL's work. That's up to the "Natural Selection Process". Some people cannot overcome their negativity. That's why I say God won't let them have it. It's their choice, but when they choose to be negative it becomes an impossibility until they change. Most people do not change until they are sick and tired of the way they are. You can't force it down their throat.

Let me get something straight here too. I am not selling anything nor am I against you spending your money on LRL's. It is your money and your choice so go have at it. I really don't care. Oye came out here asking for opinions on whether or not we thought LRL's worked. We both gave our opinions. It just so happens that you also decided to state that you think LRL's that use L-rods require meditation in order to work correctly. You made this statement but have refused to answer any questions/challenges about its validity. That is your choice and your beliefs. Quoting scriptures and acting like a "chosen one" was your choice too and it is insulting whether you want to believe it or not. Nothing like a self-ordained chosen one to try and tell everyone else how inferior they must be. I see that God has given you the gift of judging everyone else's abilities as well. Good for you!

Frankly, I don't really care if you insult me but you need to understand the type of picture you are painting if you want people to take your arguments seriously. I've used logic, you've used faith. An electronic device should not require the user to have faith or to be ordained by God in order to function correctly. It should work the same way for believers as it does for non-believers. Can you imagine telling someone that they should buy a calculator that they have to meditate when using in order to be sure the answers it gives are correct? How could anyone ever trust such a device? Who would buy such a thing? Well, a fool might, but not someone who had a firm grasp on logic.

Oye has gotten the answer he came for. So for the sake of forum harmony I will sign off on the issue. Good day and good luck.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~Carl-NC~
Oye, LRLs are just money-making scams. That said, if you really want to believe in them, then I suggest you buy the most expensive LRL you can possibly afford. The lesson learned will be less ambiguous.
Very bad advice Carl...What you pay for a LRL does not mean that you can use it or if it fits your needs...the first one I purchased cost me $252..the second one was $2500, the third one was $1000..the best one was $450...They all located gold and all work with in their limits..So..it all depends what you want to recover and how much information you need...Art

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a model 20 electroscope LRL(the one that intrigued me) for sale on ebay.I contacted the seller with many questions,and got no response.This seems to be the normal response from former owners.They never give details on their experience,or how the units work. Just some vague comment. I have tried many internet searches of feedback from current/ former owners of these,and there is zilch.It's like they got "taken" on the purchase,and are just happy to get some of their money back.My heart wants to believe that these things work,but my brain says that there is no way! Thanks.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I am getting ahead of myself. Maybe TP does not know what L-rods are. The photos do not show the "Receiver rods" as they call them, but they are L-rods same as the Vernell Electronics VR1000 uses.

I know what L-rods are...

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Cz70pro
There is a model 20 electroscope LRL(the one that intrigued me) for sale on ebay.I contacted the seller with many questions,and got no response.This seems to be the normal response from former owners.
Not from the people I talk to
They never give details on their experience,or how the units work. Just some vague comment. I have tried many internet searches of feedback from current/ former owners of these,and there is zilch.
You may want to read the 100’s of reports on this board.
It's like they got "taken" on the purchase,and are just happy to get some of their money back.
Is that why there are only been two people that came here and said that?..the best was the guy that was unhappy because it interfered with his TV remote
My heart wants to believe that these things work,but my brain says that there is no way! Thanks.v
There is only one way to learn...go get a hands on demonstration..Art

olfacere

Feb 22, 2013
Georgia, US
Detector(s) used
Tesoro MicroMax Silver
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hesistate to get into this conversation, but that hasn't ever stopped me before, so here goes. In theory, there is nothing inherent in physics that prevents the construction of an LRL device. That being said, each real world device needs to be tested and judged by its own merits. I've done enough of my own research and practice with meditation to know that it has many wide-ranging effects and one of them is a peculiar sharpening of all abilities in general. Therefore, in measuring the machine, we must isolate it from all individual differences in operators. Whether we want to say that dowsing is real or bull doesn't really matter. In all cases, each machine must be tested according to its own function with as little environmental variation as possible.

If someone could provide some real technical data that I could review (e.g. measurements of how a particular machines works and what precise circumstances cause it to fail), I would feel much better about the whole thing. I think the shadowy nature of gimmicks sometimes makes people afraid, at least enough to forget that you actually can test any real machine to find a real answer. Sometimes you have to test an hundred machines to get an answer you can state with confidence, but the answer is real, not an assumption.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hesistate to get into this conversation, but that hasn't ever stopped me before, so here goes. In theory, there is nothing inherent in physics that prevents the construction of an LRL device. That being said, each real world device needs to be tested and judged by its own merits. I've done enough of my own research and practice with meditation to know that it has many wide-ranging effects and one of them is a peculiar sharpening of all abilities in general. Therefore, in measuring the machine, we must isolate it from all individual differences in operators. Whether we want to say that dowsing is real or bull doesn't really matter. In all cases, each machine must be tested according to its own function with as little environmental variation as possible.

If someone could provide some real technical data that I could review (e.g. measurements of how a particular machines works and what precise circumstances cause it to fail), I would feel much better about the whole thing. I think the shadowy nature of gimmicks sometimes makes people afraid, at least enough to forget that you actually can test any real machine to find a real answer. Sometimes you have to test an hundred machines to get an answer you can state with confidence, but the answer is real, not an assumption.

I highlighted the biggest flaw in your argument. There ARE plenty of reasons supported by physics as to why these devices can't work. The proponents of these devices can NEVER show any reasons why physics supports their capabilities. Instead they create their own pseudoscience to try and befuddle those that don't understand the physical sciences.

As for isolating differences between individual opperators, why not completely remove the opperator from the equation? Why not make an LRL that can work while sitting on a desk? Have you ever asked yourself why ALL of the LRL's that people swear by MUST be held in an operator's hand to work? If these devices were based solely on the physical sciences then they would not need an operator holding them at all. Why would a bunch of electrical components need to be held in someone's hand to work? Why do all of these devices exhibit the same dowsing rod properties of needing to be held perfectly still or with a steady hand in order to perform their function? Well, I can tell you why.... but I'll let you think about it yourself. :thumbsup:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~TreasurePirate69~
As for isolating differences between individual opperators, why not completely remove the opperator from the equation?
Gee...Some of these device are powered by the human body...there are 100’s of different device made all over the world...They are all different.
Why not make an LRL that can work while sitting on a desk?
Gee..A desk would be hard to drag up a mountain.
Have you ever asked yourself why ALL of the LRL's that people swear by MUST be held in an operator's hand to work? If these devices were based solely on the physical sciences then they would not need an operator holding them at all. Why would a bunch of electrical components need to be held in someone's hand to work? Why do all of these devices exhibit the same dowsing rod properties of needing to be held perfectly still or with a steady hand in order to perform their function? Well, I can tell you why.... but I'll let you think about it yourself.
I have never used any Treasure Hunting Device that does not require human contact to find and recover treasure be it a rock hammer a shovel or a conventional metal detector...Art

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee...Some of these device are powered by the human body...there are 100’s of different device made all over the world...They are all different.
Gee..A desk would be hard to drag up a mountain.
I have never used any Treasure Hunting Device that does not require human contact to find and recover treasure be it a rock hammer a shovel or a conventional metal detector...Art

A traditional metal detector does not require "human interaction" to operate. Once it is turned on and configured it can be set on a desk (or a tripod if you prefer) and it will still detect metal without a human touching it. And it certainly does not require it to be held with a delicate touch or by someone who is meditating to get acceptable results.

But nice try at deflecting the question. So the question remains, why not make an LRL that can work without being held by a human? Or to be even more specific, why doesn't a RangerTell work when strapped to a tripod? Answer that question and you'll know all you need to know about that device and most other LRL's as well.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~TreasurePirate69~
A traditional metal detector does not require "human interaction" to operate. Once it is turned on and configured it can be set on a desk (or a tripod if you prefer) and it will still detect metal without a human touching it.
Yes it will but are you going to locate and recover any treasure using it that method?...and what about the person who has to wave a sample in front of the coil to make it work?
And it certainly does not require it to be held with a delicate touch or by someone who is meditating to get acceptable results.
Gee...I don’t use a delicate touch or meditate and mine works just fine...
But nice try at deflecting the question.
So the question remains, why not make an LRL that can work without being held by a human?
Why should they?
Or to be even more specific, why doesn't a RangerTell work when strapped to a tripod?
I saw an experiment with the RT held in a wise and it was working perfectly.
Answer that question and you'll know all you need to know about that device and most other LRL's as well.
All I can say is that I have used 7 different LRL’s and have recovered gold with them all..Art

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~TreasurePirate69~
Yes it will but are you going to locate and recover any treasure using it that method?...and what about the person who has to wave a sample in front of the coil to make it work?
Gee...I don’t use a delicate touch or meditate and mine works just fine...
Why should they?
I saw an experiment with the RT held in a wise and it was working perfectly.
All I can say is that I have used 7 different LRL’s and have recovered gold with them all..Art

so do you have a video or any other proof that the RT when held in a vise will actually work? Does it follow a piece of gold when you wave it past the device or does it just sit there while you claim "see, working perfectly"?

You are like a boxer that when beaten to a pulp, lays on the mat claiming "he never touched me". You tap dance all around the points made by others and spin your information faster than a 45 record. This doesn't make you right. But it does make you look silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread