Opinions on these LRLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oye

Greenie
Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive done some research on LRLs and Im unsure if LRLs can really find treasure as their producers claim or is it BS?

Im aware that there are both good stuff and crap in this market just as all other markets.

Im interested in your opinions on these:

LONG RANGE KING Gold Detector WE-DT3000, View LONG RANGE KING Gold Detector, Weien Product Details from Shanghai WeiEn Security Equipment Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Also the Bionic X4.

When it comes to Alibaba here are some aspects to consider:

1: This producer is a 6 year Gold Supplier, they have been assessed and verified online.
2: They use Escrow which makes the buying safe.

So Im interested to hear what you guys mean.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Oye

Greenie
Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to Vernell Electronics and see how the exact wording was plagerized by GK. Note the price.
Seems VE seel some of the same stuff. Have you ever tried an LRL and do they work?

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. LRL's do not work. Don't waste your money. They only work to put money in the pockets of the people who sell them. Let me put it this way.... one of the guys who sells one of the most common LRL's is living in a trailer park in Florida and is driving around in a beat up old pickup truck. Now you tell me.... if this device could REALLY find gold a mile away (or even 100ft away), wouldn't he be living the high life instead of being on the brink of bankruptcy?

It's common sense. The claims made by the LRL manufacturers don't even pass a cursory test based on common sense. They claim to be able to find gold a mile away, but somehow fail to find the gold sitting right on the user's finger (and the fingers of everyone else running around the park at the time). It defies basic logic. Save your money and don't become another victim.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, pretty much all of these LRL's are expensive dowsing rods. The electronics are just for show. So save yourself the money and make a couple of dowsing rods out of coat hangers and give it a try. I guarantee that it will work every bit as well at locating gold as the expensive electronic units.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You might want to check out Rangertel. I have heard some positive stuff about them. Some LRL's work and some don't. We use a custom LRL that my fiancee' designed and had built so I know ours works and the original Carl Anderson rod works because we have one. I have heard the new Anderson's are not reliable.

A lot of people will tell you all kinds of stuff. You just have to find out for yourself in the wide world of TH. 8-)

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to check out Rangertel. I have heard some positive stuff about them. Some LRL's work and some don't. We use a custom LRL that my fiancee' designed and had built so I know ours works and the original Carl Anderson rod works because we have one. I have heard the new Anderson's are not reliable.

A lot of people will tell you all kinds of stuff. You just have to find out for yourself in the wide world of TH. 8-)

I totally agree with the highlighted text above. But "finding out" can include using common sense and thinking about it for a while before pulling the trigger on a purchase. Since the majority of these LRL's work based on the principle of dowsing, it costs literally nothing to test out dowsing for yourself with a bent coat hanger.

Just be careful not to convince yourself it works without giving yourself a true scientific test. I tried dowsing at the suggestion of a popular forum member. I was amazed at how well it seemed to work at first. I hid a gold coin under one of 6 plastic cups and the dowsing rod always seemed to cross when I walked past the cup that held the coin. I then decided to do a blind test and let my daughter hide the coin. Once I didn't know where the coin was I was unable to get the dowsing rods to work even as good as chance guessing. That is the big key to many of these LRL's. When you know where the target is they seem to work just grand. But that's because the same thing is often true of dowsing. But they can really stink at finding targets where you don't know the actual location. And isn't that what the LRL is supposed to be for in the first place? Who needs an LRL to find locate something that they already know how to find? Why would you pay money for such a device?

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And if you don't believe me, maybe you should heed the warning of the person who created this forum to begin with. You can see this warning on the top of the forum:

PLEASE NOTE: As the administrator, creator and owner of this site, I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE GET RIPPED OFF (defrauded) by people selling so-called "long range locators" (devices, that supposedly, can find precious metals at a distance). I HIGHLY recommend consulting a geophysicist ($100 in consulting fees could save you thousands, and you'll learn something!), before spending ONE DIME ON ANY "long range locator" . With that, I open this forum to the discussion of said devices.

goldfinder

Mar 31, 2003
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real test is finding a treasure or gold nugget that you don't know is there.

I believe there are real dowsers but they are few and far between. Myself I found that the MFD or LRL broadcast type do work but I couldn't dowse without them. So you might be a real dowser, you just have to give it a try with some kind of simple signal generator.

In my initial testing I had a friend who is a clairvoyant (see in other dimensions and etc.) could actually see a signal line going out from the LRL transmitter I built. We found that the signal between the transmitter is weak/fragile and just walking thru the signal line would disrupt the signal for a minute.
Goldfinder

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
"Just be careful not to convince yourself it works without giving yourself a true scientific test. "

The true scienific test is if you find something. 8-)

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Read all the ads you can find...When you find one that you think will do what you want it to do contact the manufacturers..Ask them questions...then see if you can find some one with a LRL and go on a hunt with them..I have purchase 4 LRL’s or MFD’s and they all work...I traveled to the location of 3 of the manufacturers and tested them with my own hands and targets...Be an informed consumer..Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oye, LRLs are just money-making scams. That said, if you really want to believe in them, then I suggest you buy the most expensive LRL you can possibly afford. The lesson learned will be less ambiguous.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vern Rose developed this type equipment about thirty five years ago. The original devices used electronic receivers. Dell Winders discovered that ordinary dowsing L-rods could detect the signal line easier and at less cost, and I might add pinpointed easier and better. My main concern with this device is the frequency it runs on 433 Mhz. This is used for devices like baby monitors, and many other things. I don't know, but if it interferes with these devices it is illegal. At a range of over one mile, I suspect there will be a problem, but I don't know this for sure. Most people do not understand how much practice is necessary to become skilled with this type of device. When the word "meditation" is mentioned the immediate reaction is "I don't need it". I'll say again, some form of meditation is essential.

How does meditation interact with a device that is supposed to be purely electronic? Why don't I need meditation, clairvoyance, or some sort of special dowsing ability to use a calculator, computer, DVR, cell phone, metal detector, or any other electronic device?

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Just be careful not to convince yourself it works without giving yourself a true scientific test. "

The true scienific test is if you find something. 8-)

Not really. Finding "something" does not mean the device works. After all, I can throw a ball in the park and usually find "something" wherever it lands.

OP
OP
O

Oye

Greenie
Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay, there my fasntasy of easy money just collapsed :laughing7:

No matter. I guess there are real "LRL" that arent that expensive and can really help to scan and give you a clue of the approximate location. For example a computer with advanced software and perhaps a large expensive scientific equipment that actually helps to scan and pinpoint gold.

Do you have any methods or tips for scanning trough a big area, like one square kilometre just to pinpoint gold and them go finding it with handheld detector?

I realize LRLs sounds too good to be true and what is funny is I cant find anything anywhere on the internet about "FORWARD GAUSS" technology. :laughing7:

Can you mention any LRLs that youve tried, used and/or own that actually works for real?

Im considering Golden King DPR, but perhaps Minelab GPX 5000 is better.

Last edited:

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TP, I am not interested in proving these devices work to you are anyone else. I will say you are misguided by believing meditation and clairvoyance and "special dowsing ability" are related. You are also misguided in believing that using L-rods and "special dowsing ability" are related. As for meditation being essential in using L-rods, well I don't care to waste my time getting into it. The whole thing is what I call the "Natural Selection Process". God does not let some people have it. In almost every case it is the know-it-types that can't have it. That's the way God works.

I thought this was a discussion on electronic LRL's? How is "God letting me have it" have anything whatsoever to do with the ability of something that is made in China entirely of transistors, resistors, capacitors, and inductors? THIS is what I was getting at. You are the one who implied that using these devices takes some sort of "gift from God". Yet you fail to point out how a hunk of electronics is somehow controlled by your so-called "gifts". And you fail to provide any logical reason why an electronic device made in China should somehow be different than a calculator or DVR. Last time I checked, God did not dictate who could and could not use a DVR successfully...

Jan 31, 2013
Yuma, Az
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you want a good LRL buy a pair of binoculars and look for gold in the distance. You'll have better luck with the binoculars...

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, there my fasntasy of easy money just collapsed :laughing7:

No matter. I guess there are real "LRL" that arent that expensive and can really help to scan and give you a clue of the approximate location. For example a computer with advanced software and perhaps a large expensive scientific equipment that actually helps to scan and pinpoint gold.

Do you have any methods or tips for scanning trough a big area, like one square kilometre just to pinpoint gold and them go finding it with handheld detector?

I realize LRLs sounds too good to be true and what is funny is I cant find anything anywhere on the internet about "FORWARD GAUSS" technology. :laughing7:

Can you mention any LRLs that youve tried, used and/or own that actually works for real?

Im considering Golden King DPR, but perhaps Minelab GPX 5000 is better.

I don't know why you think some computer with advanced software is somehow going to help you find gold in the ground. The same is true of ground penetrating radar. You really need to read up on these technologies to understand what they purport to do before assuming that they are the right fit for your needs. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean that it will help you find gold. This is what the LRL manufacturers do to try and sell more suckers on the product. They make it really expensive and put in all kinds of useless bells and whistles to make it look like it must work. Trust me, there are countless large prospecting companies out there that have the means to purchase the most expensive gadgets available on the market. And they don't.... so what does that tell you? If there was really a way to find gold at a significant distance then it wouldn't be mysterious at all. It would be used by every gold prospector out there. There are no secrets in this world.

There is no electronic device that will help you find gold at "long range". Metal detectors will help you find gold at a fraction of a yard. Anything beyond that is just wishful thinking.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God then all these things will be given unto you."

Oh brother... here we go again. Quoting scriptures is a sure sign of someone who is desperate to hide the fact that they don't have an answer. I don't need help finding God. I know where he is. What I need help finding is the truth in what you are claiming. Instead of twisting the subject how about just answering the question?

Why does a hunk of electronic components made in China require "meditation" to use correctly when a calculator, TV, DVR, and cell phone do not? I already know the answer: "Because the LRL does not actually use the electronic components to perform its function. The LRL is based solely on dowsing which requires 'meditation' to 'do correctly'".

If the electronics in an LRL do not actually do anything, then why pay for them in the first place? Why not just make a dowsing rod out of a coat hanger and see if "God gave you the gift"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread